Your thoughts on Bogosian not dropping the gloves with Tkachuk

Should Bogosian of dropped the gloves with Tkachuk??

• Total voters

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
He wanted to go with Simmonds, Simmonds smirked at him and went to the bench. It’ll happen and Tkachuk will still play the same after ha. I don’t worry about it. Just finish every check on him and see how he acts. He might take a couple braindead penalties in retaliation. I’m good with that. Simmonds and Bogosian will straighten it out when it’s needed. It doesn’t bother me. Just keep winning these tight battles and trust in team defense will build.
If not them someone else will. Tkatchuk will face every team in this division at least 9 times.

I'm afraid he's not going to last or make it to the end of the season this time.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Revenge is a dish best served cold. (And to Johnny Gaudreau).

I find that punishing the other teams superstars is a more effective way of handing out retribution than a lame staged fight anyway.
Only issue with that is if we are targeting Gaudreau even with clean hits, we would have to answer to Lucic. Im not sure that Simmonds is a guy that can take him on. Whereas if Simmonds fights Tkachuk, he has answered for it and you move on.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Only issue with that is if we are targeting Gaudreau even with clean hits, we would have to answer to Lucic. Im not sure that Simmonds is a guy that can take him on. Whereas if Simmonds fights Tkachuk, he has answered for it and you move on.
What are you implying?

2M6cbw3.png

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I don’t think Tkachuk cares about taking punches. The other alternative is we crash the net on Markstrom.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
He's going to be public enemy #1 next game. Bogo and Simmonds will chase him around and see if they can lure him into one. He's going to eat some lumber and they're going to be taking runs at him either way.

And he’ll love it. Especially if it throws off the Leafs. The best way to retaliate is to play their other stars very hard.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Outside of answering 'the code', targeting Tkachuk is redundant. He's like Kadri in the sense that he will play better under the spotlight. Target Gaudreau, Monahan and be up in Markstrom's kitchen all night Tuesday.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I think my favourite "rat comeuppance" from all my time watching and playing hockey was in junior when the other team's Tkachuk (actual impact player, but a rat and complete douchebag) speared one of our guys, then turtled. In the scrum his teammate came in to protect him and just got rocked in the fight while the rat was still turtling. It broke the room and was the beginning of the end for him with that team.

Too much to ask for?

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
He wanted to go with Simmonds, Simmonds smirked at him and went to the bench. It’ll happen and Tkachuk will still play the same after ha. I don’t worry about it. Just finish every check on him and see how he acts. He might take a couple braindead penalties in retaliation. I’m good with that. Simmonds and Bogosian will straighten it out when it’s needed. It doesn’t bother me. Just keep winning these tight battles and trust in team defense will build.

I don't think at any point he "wanted to go" with Simmonds. He didn't challenge him to anything, I am sure Simmonds smirked because anything said or done to him there was an empty threat and he knew it, not because Simmonds didn't want to accept a challenge. Tkachuk is one level above Marchand for answering for his cheap plays, lets not act like he was trying to fight a legit fighter for fun.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
We all watched that, Bogosian saw and knew what he did. We got the W... But we looked soft there and it was done infront of a guy we signed to help make sure players won't take liberties on us and especially our only good back up goalie in a condensed season.

But we did get the W though.

41307.jpg
Gotta get da win 1st priority ... there will be payback on Tuesday night ... count on it ... especially if game is lopsided

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
Gotta get da win 1st priority ... there will be payback on Tuesday night ... count on it ... especially if game is lopsided

With a guy as popular as Campbell it could go either way, he might have the pull to get them to forget about it and just have the token Simmonds/Bogo challenge, or they might be right riled up.

Any idea of the temperature of the room?

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
There are no fighters in the league other than maybe Reaves who are an actual deterrent anymore. Taking a shot on the chin and getting bear hugged before the refs break it up is nothing, all it does is take heat off the rat because things feel "evened up" now. Just give him the puck near the boards and run him as often as possible, Gaudreau and Markstrom too.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

I don't think Simmonds is scared of Lucic and could at least hold his own.

Lucic is a big guy, but Simmonds has fought:
McIlrath (6'5, 235), Mantha (6'5, 235), Oleksiak (6'7, 255).

Simmonds has also fought some good fighters (Wilson, Haley, Bieksa, Boro, Miller, Martin) and has never looked out of place as far as I know.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
We seen how much the refs care about goalies in game 1 against Montreal when Holl got a penalty for a bear hug.

Take the 2 points and wait for either a bigger lead or a big loss in a future game, and then go lumberjack on MT.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
With a guy as popular as Campbell it could go either way, he might have the pull to get them to forget about it and just have the token Simmonds/Bogo challenge, or they might be right riled up.

Any idea of the temperature of the room?
No idea but we can't get stupid and play a game where guys get hurt ... season is too short .. you lose a Bogo for a week or two to suspension for ramming a guys head into glass and organized fight no biggie ... you lose Matty for a week or two because Lugnuts decided to cross check him in back again well that's not smart ... we have too seek revenge properly ... Bogo talks to dickhead pre game in warmup and lets him know its time .... then game starts and he starts asking him when he is ready to go ... if he declines then you tell him loudly he is gonna have to take care of this debt so lugnuts hears ... then when game is late and either team has it WON then you hit him so hard with a 2 hander on his ankles that he cries to momma ... not Clarkie hard where intent is to break his ankle for real but hard enough that he will bruise bad and have a hard time walking for a few days ... then fight will ensue and its over

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
And he’ll love it. Especially if it throws off the Leafs. The best way to retaliate is to play their other stars very hard.

I tend to agree with this approach. Gives Tkachuk's teammates a chance to sort him out. A fight with him does nothing to sort him out.

That said, God I miss Wendel Clark.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
There are no fighters in the league other than maybe Reaves who are an actual deterrent anymore. Taking a shot on the chin and getting bear hugged before the refs break it up is nothing, all it does is take heat off the rat because things feel "evened up" now. Just give him the puck near the boards and run him as often as possible, Gaudreau and Markstrom too.
Tom Wilson says hello.........

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
They’re playing again Tuesday. Get him back then, not in the final minute of a game leafs were leading

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Winning is more important, there was little time let and the Flames have a pretty hot power play. If we had a multi goal lead I'd feel differently. Us getting two points and them getting none will matter far more at the end of the season then a fight.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I don't think at any point he "wanted to go" with Simmonds. He didn't challenge him to anything, I am sure Simmonds smirked because anything said or done to him there was an empty threat and he knew it, not because Simmonds didn't want to accept a challenge. Tkachuk is one level above Marchand for answering for his cheap plays, lets not act like he was trying to fight a legit fighter for fun.
Well he did want simmonds if sportsnet is reporting right. I’m going by what they said man. I don’t just make stuff up for sh!ts and giggles. You can think what you want. You know Simmonds is about 180 pounds right.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Tom Wilson says hello.........
Chara and Ritchie make Tommy say uncle ... Reaves v Chara is a super heavyweight tilt ... even Chara v Ritchie would scare you ... really that's it maybe Lucic

Tier 1 Reaves - Chara

Tier 2 Ritchie - Lucic

Tier 3 Wilson - Martin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad