Your thoughts on Bogosian not dropping the gloves with Tkachuk

Should Bogosian of dropped the gloves with Tkachuk??

• Total voters

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
"We're furious. We think DoPS is a joke, and will be taking matters into our own hands on Tuesday"

Next time on "Coaches Say Things to Get Them and Their Players Suspended"

Well yeah now a days you can't get away with it... you get a big fine.

There's ways of insinuating a message to the league too but they clearly aren't going to bother.

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
I think this code bullshit is crap. One guy absolves himself from being dirty by agreeing to fight. Seems like the most flawed logic in the world as it would allow a Bob Probert to run rampant.

Honestly, if it's a blowout in either direction, Bogosian should cross-check him in the face.

Yea, if theres gonna be fireworks, a blowouts gonna light the fuse.....so of course I'm looking for a Leafs blowout.

If I'm Calgary, I'm setting Tkachuk straight on this nonsense though. Finally have a top end #1 keeper and your giving the other team incentive to run him? Only have to face the other team 8 more times in a condensed season including the very next game!

Just a stupid thing to do all around by Tkachuk.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Flames, Matthew Tkachuk shrug off contrived fury over Campbell 'incident'

This clown from sportsnet rubbing it in lol. We won dude. He warns us actually

Yeah I was just going to mention this.

Seems a tad salty.

Leaf fans are always hated by everyone else all over the league more than a lot of teams.

They hate we get all the coverage. Its the "feeling little syndrome"... so they have to make sure they get their digs in.

Its pretty easy to look up the operating income the Leafs bring in compared to teams like Calgary. They have more fans, more money, more coverage... but this seems to bug people that aren't a Leaf fan.

Yet if the Leafs, Habs, hawks , and Rangers of the league weren't there... this league would be in big trouble.

They float the bottom half of the league.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Time and place. Long year. 30 seconds left up a goal. I don’t have a problem.

If no one addresses on Tuesday than I have a problem.
I like how you say it's a long year, but then go to say they have to address it on Tuesday. I'd rather they get payback later on in like game 4 or 5 against them, so it isn't so obvious and asking for possible league discipline

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Honestly sounds like as if the Leafs didnt even care and even bother to bring it up after the game. According to Keefe

This whole organization is just soft from top to Bottom

I don't know if anything will be done, but I wouldn't read too much into what Keefe had to say. What is the alternative? "Yeah, we saw it, we are going to get payback."

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I don't know if anything will be done, but I wouldn't read too much into what Keefe had to say. What is the alternative? "Yeah, we saw it, we are going to get payback."

No but anything other than "Honestly, never even brought it up after the game and his name never came up. I dont focus on 1 player ever"...wouldve been better.

Even anything along the lines of..."Yeah we all know what type of a player he is. We just have to be ready for his antics as a team and try no get too distracted from it"....wouldve sent me an indication they actually spoke on it

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
No but anything other than "Honestly, never even brought it up after the game and his name never came up. I dont focus on 1 player ever"...wouldve been better.

Even anything along the lines of..."Yeah we all know what type of a player he is. We just have to be ready for his antics as a team and try no get too distracted from it"....wouldve sent me an indication they actually spoke on it

Maybe they actually don't think it was a malicious play. But if they do, I really don't care what they say to the media, if they think it was intentional, address it on the ice, who cares what soundbite they give.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
If the leafs are going to let this one slide after preaching "we need to be tougher" and grabbing Simmonds and Bogosian, and Thorton for leadership... And then have a rat knee drop an already injured good backup goalie in the head and lay on him....

You Tell me if every player, team, can watches that and it gets no response (no follow up fight next game) and sees us as tougher or harder to play against.. if there's no fight we look like a joke. Expect more of this..

It will set the stage for later in the season for dirty plays and might be too late. The next time it might be Anderson or one of our stars' and they'll get injured and then we will fight but it would be too late... The message needs to be sent early. I can let this one pass for that game.. but the next game Simmonds or Bogosian needs to send a message.. with out without an accepted invitation.

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
I doubt the players even realized what Tkachuk did. In the moment it's hard to tell that the "accidentally on purpose" is happening. It's a one goal game, so you give the guy the benefit of the doubt, even if he is a greasy shit-weasel.

Now that they've seen the replay, I'm sure they're out for blood.

I mean I hope so but I’m not gonna hold my breath...outside of Bogo and Simmonds (both of which Tkachuk would very quickly decline ala Kassian) who else is going to do anything...*crickets*

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Yeah I was just going to mention this.

Seems a tad salty.

Leaf fans are always hated by everyone else all over the league more than a lot of teams.

They hate we get all the coverage. Its the "feeling little syndrome"... so they have to make sure they get their digs in.

Its pretty easy to look up the operating income the Leafs bring in compared to teams like Calgary. They have more fans, more money, more coverage... but this seems to bug people that aren't a Leaf fan.

Yet if the Leafs, Habs, hawks , and Rangers of the league weren't there... this league would be in big trouble.

They float the bottom half of the league.
All Canadian team float the States little teams in fairness. Ottawa might have had trouble lately. The rest all pay profits to the American teams.
Montreal has some coin too. Pretty rich. That article was pretty juvenile. Big baby that just lost throwing digs. Mocking a hurting Campbell actually. East haters lol

Reactions: Burnie97

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
"We're furious. We think DoPS is a joke, and will be taking matters into our own hands on Tuesday"

Next time on "Coaches Say Things to Get Them and Their Players Suspended"
You don’t need to make threats.
You call out the player for being a clown, and say it was BS, and move on.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
I mean I hope so but I’m not gonna hold my breath...outside of Bogo and Simmonds (both of which Tkachuk would very quickly decline ala Kassian) who else is going to do anything...*crickets*
They say Leafs are soft. Just wait till Leafs unleash hell on Tkatchuk like they did after he slew foot Marincin!

That was frickin' embarrassing

Last edited:
Reactions: Nineteen67

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
If you do look for payback, you don't go after Bozo, you wait until Markstrom leaves the net and then go full bodycheck on him.

Stigma

May 24, 2015
Mississauga
Flames, Matthew Tkachuk shrug off contrived fury over Campbell 'incident'

This clown from sportsnet rubbing it in lol. We won dude. He warns us actually
This guy is also admitting that the knee thing is a classic Tkachuk move. Basically giving us evidence that this was not an innocent play.

I'm sorry, I'm with the barbarians on this one. No "turn the other cheek" for this. Fight fire with fire. Annihilate him.

There are human beings on our planet who are empty vacuums; missing a forebrain. They lack self-awareness and empathy. They are best dealt with through classical behavioural techniques....not with logic and reason. A human like Tkachuk requires immediate, consistent, and intense punishment to modify his behaviour. Like the way you would train a rat to properly go through a maze to obtain cheese.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Time and place. Long year. 30 seconds left up a goal. I don’t have a problem.

If no one addresses on Tuesday than I have a problem.

Yup, sure would suck if one of our scrubs took out Markstrom for the rest of the year. You start bumping goalies and the monsters that hide under your bed come out.

Say the next game the Flames have a huge lead, what's to stop Simmonds from "accidently" bumping Markstrom into the 10th row of the Saddledome and straight to the LTIR?

Tkachuck may think that this is last years vegan soy latte Leafs.... we ain't.. no sir...we went out and got some bloody red raw meat eating cowboys, we ain't gonna take no guff from a punk like Tkachuk ... :)

We got the win even though we played like shite. Imagine if we actually play a good game next time. We got the win end of story.

Last edited:

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
This guy is also admitting that the knee thing is a classic Tkachuk move. Basically giving us evidence that this was not an innocent play.

I'm sorry, I'm with the barbarians on this one. No "turn the other cheek" for this. Fight fire with fire. Annihilate him.

There are human beings on our planet who are empty vacuums; missing a forebrain. They lack self-awareness and empathy. They are best dealt with through classical behavioural techniques....not with logic and reason. A human like Tkachuk requires immediate, consistent, and intense punishment to modify his behaviour. Like the way you would train a rat to properly go through a maze to obtain cheese.

Marchand, Gallagher, Tkackuk are fully aware of who they are and how their rattiness is effective. They want to draw PIM's they want to push the boundaries, they crave the anger of the other team...

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Agreed.

I'm all for fair fights, and clean hits... and accidents happen. However this wasn't an "accident".

I'd say he missed the memo, but you're right you can't get the memo if its impossible to recieve it. Tkachuk (Frontal lobe not included).

Reactions: Stigma

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad