Your thoughts on Bogosian not dropping the gloves with Tkachuk

Should Bogosian of dropped the gloves with Tkachuk??

• Total voters

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
We all watched that, Bogosian saw and knew what he did. We got the W... But we looked soft there and it was done infront of a guy we signed to help make sure players won't take liberties on us and especially our only good back up goalie in a condensed season.

But we did get the W though.

41307.jpg

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Threads like these kill me. Imagine Bogosian dropped his gloves and got a penalty. Calgary pulls their goalie for the extra attacker while being on the PP and score to tie it up... Bogosian would have been ran out of town lol

Aside from the first two games of the season, Bogosian has been a very solid third pairing defenceman. He knows when to be aggressive and when not to be. He made the right decision out there tonight.

klmdg

Feb 18, 2016
There's a good chance nobody on the Leafs even realized how ridiculous it was at the time.

Looking at the replay, Bogosian was getting shoved into the post head down when the knee went up. As soon as he looked up he lunged at Tkachuk and shoved him off.

It didn't look like any Leaf saw exactly what happened in the moment.

As another poster said, I'll be pissed if no one does anything next game.

Reactions: The Man with a Plan

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
I'm not mad at it because we did win, but I wouldn't be upset about it either.. I like the response from Holl the first time he did it, even though we got a penalty for it and this one was much worse infront of Bogosian. I see it this way.

If he ran in and dropped the gloves the ref will be forced to take a look at it and see the knee drop for themselves and maybe get it taken more seriously.. it might be off set, and we looked like we mean business now.

But Bogosian is signed to make sure players don't do that and it was Tkachuk of all people too, I understand the response and not wanting to take a penalty late because that did guarantee us no penalty (instead of speculating there would be offset calls) and we got the win, but then we need to answer it on Tuesday the more this gets talked about.

Like I said I'm not upset about not fighting because we won, but it was Bogosians chance to show what he can bring to this team and he dropped the ball in that response. Hope he makes up for it in other ways I guess.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
He reacted when shoving him off really quick and I do believe he knew what Tkachuk was doing, his reaction to the referee looks like he was trying to tell them what happened, he might not have saw the whole thing be he knew what Tkachuk did.

There's a good chance nobody on the Leafs even realized how ridiculous it was at the time.

Looking at the replay, Bogosian was getting shoved into the post head down when the knee went up. As soon as he looked up he lunged at Tkachuk and shoved him off.

It didn't look like any Leaf saw exactly what happened in the moment.

As another poster said, I'll be pissed if no one does anything next game.

Does not look like any Leaf sees the knee in the air

Untitled-1.jpg

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
....... he won't fight Bogosian or Simmonds, remember his excuse "he don't fight 4th liners".

I like the way he plays but he's a coward. Refs should have called this one.... if Bogosian starts wailing on him, he may get the extra two and cause a goal against.

Besides the fact Bogosian dove and checked him off Campbell is a big step for our defense. Last year they would have just held their hands up and looked at the refs, or skated away.

Hoping Simmonds tries to square him up next game.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
He shoved him off immediately. That was enough.

If he wants more, there another game on Tuesday and another like 6 or 7 games after that where he can exact his revenge.

No need to get neanderthalic about it, and fans should not want it either.

Reactions: Rocker13

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
....... he won't fight Bogosian or Simmonds, remember his excuse "he don't fight 4th liners".

I like the way he plays but he's a coward. Refs should have called this one.... if Bogosian starts wailing on him, he may get the extra two and cause a goal against.

Besides the fact Bogosian dove and checked him off Campbell is a big step for our defense. Last year they would have just held their hands up and looked at the refs, or skated away.

Hoping Simmonds tries to square him up next game.

If he doesn't want to fight, then just frustrate him.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Not sure Bogo even saw the knee, I think he was just clearing Tkachuk off Campbell.

If Tkachuk isn’t suspended on Tuesday, absolutely a Leaf should try to fight him - Simmonds, Bogo, whoever. He’ll probably just decline or turtle though.

SoftDumpNtheCorner88

Jul 5, 2020
I agree, they gotta fight Tkachuk next game although he will decline.. but I really hope it's Bogosian that makes the invitation and not Simmonds.. Simmonds is fine, but I just need to see Bogosian is up for the task of dealing with these players, Simmonds already proved he'll be there to spark the team, Bogosian was the guy that let it slide that game and now that he sees the video I hope he shows management that he's willing to do his duty and show some bite back for us.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If it's 5-2 with 30 seconds to go do it, batter him.

It was 3-2 with 30 seconds to go that is NOT the time especially since Campbell could barely f***ing move

Reactions: The Iceman

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
If it's 5-2 with 30 seconds to go do it, batter him.

It was 3-2 with 30 seconds to go that is NOT the time especially since Campbell could barely f***ing move
Exactly this, 5-2 30's left, give him something to remember, feed him his little mouth guard he chews the shit out of.

3-2 not worth the risk of a penalty that late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad