Your thoughts on Bogosian not dropping the gloves with Tkachuk

Should Bogosian of dropped the gloves with Tkachuk??

• Total voters

horner

May 22, 2007
I'm not mad at it because we did win, but I wouldn't be upset about it either.. I like the response from Holl the first time he did it, even though we got a penalty for it and this one was much worse infront of Bogosian. I see it this way.

If he ran in and dropped the gloves the ref will be forced to take a look at it and see the knee drop for themselves and maybe get it taken more seriously.. it might be off set, and we looked like we mean business now.

But Bogosian is signed to make sure players don't do that and it was Tkachuk of all people too, I understand the response and not wanting to take a penalty late because that did guarantee us no penalty (instead of speculating there would be offset calls) and we got the win, but then we need to answer it on Tuesday the more this gets talked about.

Like I said I'm not upset about not fighting because we won, but it was Bogosians chance to show what he can bring to this team and he dropped the ball in that response. Hope he makes up for it in other ways I guess.
Bogo is also a veteran like Simmons m they know what Tkachuk. Is like .
He will do something to goat you into a fight then not fight .
I have so much more respect for Brady Tkachuk he stands up for himself.
To me the NHL should review this play you can see he drove his knee into his head.
Especially when he was already injured such a dirty move.

Right place right time.

Markstrom keep your head up .

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
He shoved him off immediately. That was enough.

If he wants more, there another game on Tuesday and another like 6 or 7 games after that where he can exact his revenge.

No need to get neanderthalic about it, and fans should not want it either.
Relax.
You fon't get to decide what fans should and should not want to see.
It's a very bad look that you think that would be okay.
Fascist.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Either send Simmonds after Chucky or just have him run Markstrom, problem solved.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Missed it watching football. Was Campbell injured deliberately?

Terrible GM

Jul 10, 2013
Maritimes
The bigger issue here is how the NHL "safety" committee let's this stuff go unchecked. If a player has falls on the goalie, or does a drive by elbow, straight on collides (carelessly) they should be fined. After a couple fines, that player should get a game. All goalies need to be protected, we see it all the time with all goalies on any team. The NHL is stunned when it comes to logical protection of players of any position, and specially goalies.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
1 goal lead with thirty seconds left, and Bogo probably didn't actually see what happened. No reason to drop the mitts. Challenge Tkachuk on Tuesday, and if he declines, then "accidentally" fall on that prized free agent goaltender during a scrum to try to even the score a bit.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
1 goal lead with thirty seconds left, and Bogo probably didn't actually see what happened. No reason to drop the mitts. Challenge Tkachuk on Tuesday, and if he declines, then "accidentally" fall on that prized free agent goaltender during a scrum to try to even the score a bit.

Agreed. I don't think anyone except maybe Hyman really got a good look at what really happened. I suspect some Leafs were pissed after seeing the replays later on.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
I'm not so hopeful. Leafs and all.
More like Tkachuk and all. The guy gets away with slew foots and other dirty plays all the time. I dont get it. Its too bad because he is a good player and if he wants to play physical or get under the other team's skin, you can do it without all the greasy crap that he pulls. Marchand is an example of a guy that cleaned up his game and look at him now.

I agree with Horner that Brady gets more respect. That's how Matthew should be playing the game. Would love to have a player like Brady on the Leafs.

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
dont players get suspended when they fight with less then 5 minutes left in the game? or am i imagining things.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Too close of a game. I think Holl sent a warning shot at the end of the game. But points are crucial this year.

If things were done right he would be facing a suspension of at least a few games. If nothing is done, Tuesday is an opportunity to make life a misery for him.

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I doubt the players even realized what Tkachuk did. In the moment it's hard to tell that the "accidentally on purpose" is happening. It's a one goal game, so you give the guy the benefit of the doubt, even if he is a greasy shit-weasel.

Now that they've seen the replay, I'm sure they're out for blood.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
It's a long year - plenty of time to hold Tkachuk accountable.

Bogosian was also seeing this in the heat of the moment from a very specific perspective. He likely didn't realize how bad/intentional Tkachuk was there.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I’d like to believe Dubas will be calling Calgary and asking about acquiring Tkachuk.

Mentat

Sep 19, 2020
Too close of a game. I think Holl sent a warning shot at the end of the game. But points are crucial this year.

If things were done right he would be facing a suspension of at least a few games. If nothing is done, Tuesday is an opportunity to make life a misery for him.

Bogo did the right thing by doing nothing, in that specifc situation of the game. We had much more to lose than to gain.
Next game against the Flames, i´d advise our players to keep that bloodlust against Tkachuk inside them until (if and when) we have a confortable lead and can "spare" the penalty. Use that to fuel our drive to win even more, and don´t make braindead decisions based out of spite. Even if said spite is warranted.

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
The league should look at it, definitely head contact to an unsuspecting player. It was against a leafs player though so I doubt the league cares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad