Your thoughts on Bogosian not dropping the gloves with Tkachuk

Should Bogosian of dropped the gloves with Tkachuk??

• Total voters

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
It's Tkackuk so he probably did it on purpose but he can sell it as an accident so he'll get nothing from DOPS.

We play them 8 more times so it will be interesting to see if he continues trying to injure players and what if anything the Leafs players* will do about it.

*Including those who may be added to the lineup as deterrents.

Last edited:

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Wheres the "Bogo didnt see the initial knee and cleared Tkachuk off when he noticed him on top of Campbell" option?

That appears to be what happened.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Forget about it. Two points are more important. Just finish every check on him for the rest of the season and see if he likes that. I think he won’t get away with it. What i liked out of that game was the fact they actually iced pucks to get out of trouble and weren’t scared to.
We have a ways to go defensively to say the least but its coming. They need to eat pucks on the boards. Keefe needs to take their sticks away in practice and let them boot a puck around the boards for a hour. They need to stop looking for passes in our own zone when killing the clock. They have to eat pucks. Who cares if the refs are screaming to keep the play going. Just kill the clock better and they can do that any point in the game.
We are the best faceoff team in the league, use it to our advantage more.
Tkachuk is secondary. Not worried about him

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
It's Tkackuk so he probably did it on purpose but he can sell it as an accident so he'll get nothing from DOPS.

At some point the DOPS needs to stop giving the same person the benefit of the doubt over and over again.

If it's an accident, then it should happen as infrequently as it does for the average player.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
At some point the DOPS needs to stop giving the same person the benefit of the doubt over and over again.

If it's an accident, then it should happen as infrequently as it does for the average player.

You're not wrong.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Absolutely it was deliberate, guys have been doing it for years. I fail to see the problem, though.

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario

I get that us leaf fans probably see it differently but it sure seemed intentional to me. He definitely rose and then drove his knee down on an unsuspecting player. I doubt anything happens with it but the league and refs need to do a better job protecting goals in the crease.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018

We play them 8 more times so it will be interesting to see if he continues trying to injure players and what if anything the Leafs players* will do about it.

*Including those who may be added to the lineup as deterrents.
Looked like an initial groin injury pre-cheap shot.

Reactions: Mad hatter

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
I get that us leaf fans probably see it differently but it sure seemed intentional to me. He definitely rose and then drove his knee down on an unsuspecting player. I doubt anything happens with it but the league and refs need to do a better job protecting goals in the crease.

Maybe your not seeing this as biased as you think. Afterall, the OP and video from me is from a die hard hab fan, who is totally on your guys side on this one. I would have lost my mind if that was Price. Jack Campbell seems like such a nice guy as well, I feel bad for him and hope hes ok. He looked shaky at the end of the game.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I don't think he fell intentionally, but he also made no attempt to avoid falling on the goalie or to get off. Which in addition to his history makes him suspect.

I've also never seen anybody double knee drop on someone in hockey.

HockeyJunkie87

Jan 20, 2021
Cheering for the Habs doesn't make you unbiased. Being faint of heart makes you biased.

Well thats your opinion I guess. Its all good.
If I see a Oiler player throw a dirty hit against a Blackhawk player, and Blackhawk fans are calling it dirty, Oiler fans are saying its clean. If a fan base like the Flames chime in and they think its clean, and I know in my heart that those two teams are bitter rivals, i'd consider his response unbiased. But I guess thats just me.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
English as a second language. Lol. Wow.

I get his point. If he sees it perhaps the league will too.
Even if it were conclusive, dont expect Paros to do shit. He is definitively a leaf hater.
A review would have been appropriate to send a message even if Tkachuk was acquitted. Paros will now look to send a message to any perceived Leaf retaliation.
Hopefully nobody gets seriously hurt.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
You have some twisted views then if you think this crap shouldn't be taken out of the league. Dropping your weight on someone's head isn't something one should just brush off.

But yes I hope Simmonds takes care of it.
It’s called agitating and I love that part of the game. No one gets hurt with him flopping on the goalie.
I’m much more concerned about the slash Nylander took. That could’ve broken his wrist.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
There is no way i would or could call that vicious or deliberate by Tkachuk. I’ve had a good look at it. What was he supposed to do levitation? He was definitely trying to hold his left leg weight off of Campbell. He had nowhere to go. Simmonds and himself had words in the game,Simmonds declined with the lead as he should. Nothing to talk about. It wasn’t intentional from what i seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: LynnLoins

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Eight games left against the Flames so people (and the Leafs) better get used to this guy. I think the only way to neutralize him would be to staple your own abrasive prick to him to trade shots all night long. He is talented enough to use a shadow on but players like that are rare. Maybe Simmonds of 10 years ago because he could justify the minutes or Kadri if they still had him. I think they are just going to have to take the crap and maybe when one of those eight eight games is lopsided then lay him out. Not sure he wouldn't just turtle for Simmonds or that getting decked would prevent him from still playing his game though.

When they are back to playing the Flames just twice a year and different playoff pools it won't matter. This isn't the last time we will be talking about him in a post game thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad