Your thoughts on Bogosian not dropping the gloves with Tkachuk

Should Bogosian of dropped the gloves with Tkachuk??

• Total voters

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Well he did want simmonds if sportsnet is reporting right. I’m going by what they said man. I don’t just make stuff up for sh!ts and giggles. You can think what you want. You know Simmonds is about 180 pounds right.
There is a video on sportsnet 2:56 long the heading is “ Campbell was excellent for leafs” etc. They say Tkachuk was goading Simmonds in that clip. Not me making stuff up. I would link it but it won’t link. Edit, actually i did find a link
https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...fort-flames/&usg=AOvVaw0a78Q7mKDo7U_rhR2g5H84

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I don't know how this plays out, but it's odd to me, that at least on Sportsnet and TSN websites, there is no mention of this egregious act, nor a discussion about the league looking at it. I haven't listened to radio or watched the networks.on T.V.

Are some more concerned about escalating the incident rather than protecting a back up goalie? What message would silence by the league send?

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Sigh...

You don't deal with a rat like Ratchuk by trying to fight him. He'll simply decline. You Chris Draper him into the side boards and re-arrange his face, then pass the puck back into his skates as he's staggering to get up and take another vicious run at him to finish him off. Take a couple 3-5 game suspensions, put him out injured for a number of months...

If enough teams take that approach, and shorten his career via significant injuries and afflictions towards his health, he'll tone down the nonsense.

You don't deal with somebody who crosses the line by flirting with the line in return. You deal with it by going so aggressively beyond the line that it scares them straight.

You're better to deter via fear than you are via understanding.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
No thoughts. He'll get his opportunity to get back

The idea should never be get back at him or Weber. Simmonds and Bogo has to remind Goudreau, Markstrom, Suzuki and Price that they are not that invincible
Going after rats rarely work.

Especially with Weber and Habs. The fact tat they are going to constantly cross check and have no implications it's very disturbing to me.

Sometimes you need a statement game. You may lose the game but make it very clear, what is acceptable and what isn't

Reactions: IceNeophyte

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Well he did want simmonds if sportsnet is reporting right. I’m going by what they said man. I don’t just make stuff up for sh!ts and giggles. You can think what you want. You know Simmonds is about 180 pounds right.

Ya I watched the game, during the intermission they said that Tkachuk wanted to go with him, they made it up, not accusing you. Bringing up Simmonds size is funny though, go check his fight history and how he has done in those fights.

Also just FYI.
Tkachuk - 6' 2" | 202 lb
Chiarot - 6' 3" | 234 lb

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Not the time or situation to fight. Tkachuk is already in a position to turtle and Bogo is on his knee.

Would be nice to see Simmonds or Bogosian challenge next game though

Reactions: Nylander88

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Let them have a chat at the pregame skate and then go out and win the game. They do have Lucic after all

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Sigh...

You don't deal with a rat like Ratchuk by trying to fight him. He'll simply decline. You Chris Draper him into the side boards and re-arrange his face, then pass the puck back into his skates as he's staggering to get up and take another vicious run at him to finish him off. Take a couple 3-5 game suspensions, put him out injured for a number of months...

If enough teams take that approach, and shorten his career via significant injuries and afflictions towards his health, he'll tone down the nonsense.

You don't deal with somebody who crosses the line by flirting with the line in return. You deal with it by going so aggressively beyond the line that it scares them straight.

You're better to deter via fear than you are via understanding.
What nonsense has he done?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Ya I watched the game, during the intermission they said that Tkachuk wanted to go with him, they made it up, not accusing you. Bringing up Simmonds size is funny though, go check his fight history and how he has done in those fights.

Also just FYI.
Tkachuk - 6' 2" | 202 lb
Chiarot - 6' 3" | 234 lb
175/180 pound guy has to fight for our big cowards. Thats funny too, you know, we both funny

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I think this code bullshit is crap. One guy absolves himself from being dirty by agreeing to fight. Seems like the most flawed logic in the world as it would allow a Bob Probert to run rampant.

Honestly, if it's a blowout in either direction, Bogosian should cross-check him in the face.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
175/180 pound guy has to fight for our big cowards. Thats funny too, you know, we both funny

Maybe we should dress Andersen for a game so he can fight? He is our biggest player... Terrible logic.

Simmonds is a good fighter, he doesn't need to be big. Should big players just start being the ones to answer the bell? Reaves cheap shots Draisaitl, go defend yourself Draisaitl, get beat up again.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
I don't understand this thread. No injury report. No NHLPA review. What are we talking about?

I think this is an obscure conversation.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
He's going to be public enemy #1 next game. Bogo and Simmonds will chase him around and see if they can lure him into one. He's going to eat some lumber and they're going to be taking runs at him either way.
That would be a mistake.
You don't dissuade guys like that through armagedon.
He would be ready for it.

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tsu.

This way he knows that he can never sleep.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I think this code bullshit is crap. One guy absolves himself from being dirty by agreeing to fight. Seems like the most flawed logic in the world as it would allow a Bob Probert to run rampant.

Honestly, if it's a blowout in either direction, Bogosian should cross-check him in the face.
He probably will after he gives him a chance to scrap fair .. but under that way it gets ugly after that unless it occurs late in game in a well decided game ... so Lugnuts does not go after Simmonds

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Sure Keefe... sure.

Really though I think they're trying to take the high road here but there should be some sort of retribution.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Leafs aren't going to fan the flames of drama in the media. This is a season were everyone is focused on winning first and foremost, not petty drama. Even if they believe Tkachuk is a rat they aren't going to say so to the media.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015

Sure Keefe... sure.

Really though I think they're trying to take the high road here but there should be some sort of retribution.

What happened to hockey? Imagine the post game comments from someone like pat burns over this?

Reactions: Burnie97

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
That would be a mistake.
You don't dissuade guys like that through armagedon.
He would be ready for it.

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tsu.

This way he knows that he can never sleep.

I respectfully disagree. I don't believe in dirty play, I don't even agree with sneaky play. Players should play with honour, especially as they all face the same risks. No need to be dirty or shy about it.

Whether a fight occurs or not, I do believe some players should make it clear what they think. D need to force him to the outside and when he is near the boards, forget about the puck.

Any battle with him in the offensive corner, a more physical approach would serve you well. Lose the puck battle? "Hey it happens. Question is, did you get the check in?"

Refs and the league are supposed to do their job. They've been failing for decades which is at least part of the reason why NHL hockey is still buried on major U.S sports websites. Since they don't seem to care (especially in the case of certain players and teams, oddly enough), a little less focus on scoring and instead getting your season check numbers up is an important trade off.

Just like Kadri, he crosses the line at times. Unlike some of Kadris suspensions which were retaliatory in nature, his knee to the back of a goalies head was fully an indictment on his character. I never stood up for people like him in my lifetime. His coach and teammates may feel a need to, but, that's on them for lying to themselves. The Flames coach and Tkachuk are insulting us all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad