You may be an ATD'er if....

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I try and plan the nights my gf comes over to avoid potential nights I pick in the ATD.

lol, good call.

my wife feels totally cheated here. I met her during the lockout and she must not have really understood how crazy about hockey I was. We were dating for almost a year when the 05-06 season started. at the same time I found the Leafs boards and half a year later hfboards. She didn't think she was signing up for all this hockey-related baggage.

Derick*

lol, good call.

my wife feels totally cheated here. I met her during the lockout and she must not have really understood how crazy about hockey I was. We were dating for almost a year when the 05-06 season started. at the same time I found the Leafs boards and half a year later hfboards. She didn't think she was signing up for all this hockey-related baggage.

You have a wife? I thought geniuses like you didn't have time for relationships.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Wife : '' you think I gained some weight ? ''
Husband: '' prefer saying you have more depth ''

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'm also single , been fooling around a lot the past 2 years.
I'm starting to keep an eye open for a good woman but the hunt still thrills me.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
It's great to see new GMs with so much enthusiasm. My wife understands that I love history, and doesn't really differentiate between me reading about Roman generals and western league hockey players.

Sturminator

Love is a duel
Feb 27, 2002
West Egg, New York
Insofar as we work with the raw material of history, we are all historians, and it is simply a matter of whether we choose to be good ones or not so good ones. Eagle underrates himself, and badly, as a means of dodging legitimate criticism. His profiles remain the single best source of historical information about most of the players he chooses to work on whether or not he actually takes himself seriously.

EagleBelfour

Jun 7, 2005
ehsl.proboards32.com
Insofar as we work with the raw material of history, we are all historians, and it is simply a matter of whether we choose to be good ones or not so good ones. Eagle underrates himself, and badly, as a means of dodging legitimate criticism. His profiles remain the single best source of historical information about most of the players he chooses to work on whether or not he actually takes himself seriously.

I don't believe that because we work with historical document that we are all historian. There's a manner and scientific ways to use those documents properly, and I don't consider having the knowledge and expertise to use those documents in an impartial, unbiased and scientific way.

You are certainly right when you say that I'm trying to dodge criticism, it's a fact. However, as I will always try to answer any question to be the best of my abilities and be as unbiased as possible, the fact remain that I am participating in the ATD for the entertainment that it brings me, and not for the advancement of hockey history. Hell, if both can coexist together I'm a happy camper, but the ATD remain a pastime only, albeit a very nice one. It's not that I cannot take criticism, it's more that I want to keep the line that I drawn; that although I'm putting more and work hours into the ATD, it always remain a fun experience. As soon as the ATD will become work, I'll quit without a second thought.

Hopefully I'm making sense. I'm not sure I was able to properly write down my thought on that matter.

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
I don't believe that because we work with historical document that we are all historian. There's a manner and scientific ways to use those documents properly, and I don't consider having the knowledge and expertise to use those documents in an impartial, unbiased and scientific way.

You are certainly right when you say that I'm trying to dodge criticism, it's a fact. However, as I will always try to answer any question to be the best of my abilities and be as unbiased as possible, the fact remain that I am participating in the ATD for the entertainment that it brings me, and not for the advancement of hockey history. Hell, if both can coexist together I'm a happy camper, but the ATD remain a pastime only, albeit a very nice one. It's not that I cannot take criticism, it's more that I want to keep the line that I drawn; that although I'm putting more and work hours into the ATD, it always remain a fun experience. As soon as the ATD will become work, I'll quit without a second thought.

Hopefully I'm making sense. I'm not sure I was able to properly write down my thought on that matter.

You act like historians aren't bias :laugh: (Believe me, they are).

Legit, much of the historian is just being able to argue about history using the evidence available and finding such evidence. From that perspective, we'd all pass.
Le

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I'm more or less aware of what happened, and it's the kind of thing that I may have done myself back when I was 19....

Zamboni Mania is the one that really confuses me.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Zamboni Mania is the one that really confuses me.
We were short a team back in ATD11 I believe, and recruiting efforts didn't surface a 32nd team. The later foray in the MLDs were, well, an addiction, good intentions gone bad, all run amock, yet even then, all picks were intended to be the best available. Zamboni Mania teams never did well in rankings or playoffs, votes tallied by an outsider, as per tradition when I ran the drafts. No hanky panky there.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00