You may be an ATD'er if....

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
This morning my girl woke me because I had to make formula to our son. I told her that, and I quote, "better coaches available"....

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
At this point , everybody knows I'm an hardcore ATDer :biglaugh:

I regularly have some random ATD thoughts or symbols in my dreams.Even if the dream has nothing to do with the ATD.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
If one of the biggest things you take away from the 2013 Cup is a question: "what does this do to the all-time rankings of Kane, Keith, and Toews?"

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Tied for 2nd in team points and 3rd in ice time among forwards this 2013 cup-winning postseason, and some key goals to help earn him another cup. One step closer to the Hall. :yo: (One of my favs in his Ottawa and Atlanta years!)

26hossa3stars_040407_460.jpg

Last edited:

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Hossa has certainly beefed up his playoff resume the past several years that is for sure.

Always seems to leave you wanting more - but even then he has been very solid.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
If one of the biggest things you take away from the 2013 Cup is a question: "what does this do to the all-time rankings of Kane, Keith, and Toews?"

This is one of the biggest reason why I will always hate too much parity.I like to see great teams , great players and great things being accomplished and I think parity is getting in the way of that happening a little bit too much for my taste in the last 6 years or so.Dynasties were probably too one-sided , but I like seeing the same 3 or 4 teams being at the top for 5-6 years in a row.I actually enjoyed seeing Boston , L.A. , Pittsburgh and Chicago at it again in the conference finals.It gives everything a sense of continuity.When the parity is at it's highest it's a crapshoot and a great team can become a lottery team in a single summer and these kinds of thing piss me off to no end.Great teams do get worst , but the normal curve would be a 2-3 years period where the great players are ageing/retiring , things slowly but surely start to get worst and eventually another (younger) team with (younger) superstars comes and replace them.I find this more comfortable than simply not being able to predict anything.

I guess deep down I'm just a nerd and I love the abstract world of hockey history , ranking players , teams , acheivements etc...

Last edited:

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Agreed. Also Hossa, Seabrook, and Sharp. ;)

I don't think Hossa adds much to what he already had - he was already considered a passable 1st line glue guy or a good 2nd liner here. I guess it removes some questions about him as a playoff performer though.

Seabrook and Sharp will never be key players at the ATD level, I don't think. I think their ceilings are #6 dman or 4th liner. Then again, if Ken Morrow and Ken Daneyko can get bigger roles based on contributions to team success, maybe Seabrook can too. Not sure if that's right though.

Kane, Toews, and Keith all have potential to be key players at the ATD level (like Hossa already is). The question is when they cross the threshold to being legitimate impact players at the ATD level.

Hardyvan123

tweet@HardyintheWack
Jul 4, 2010
Vancouver
Tied for 2nd in team points and 3rd in ice time among forwards this 2013 cup-winning postseason, and some key goals to help earn him another cup. One step closer to the Hall. :yo: (One of my favs in his Ottawa and Atlanta years!)

134185971.0_standard_352.0.jpg

26hossa3stars_040407_460.jpg

Hossa is pretty much a lock for the HHOF at this point one would think.

from 99-13

2nd in goals in the NHL
11th in assists
4th in points

In the playoffs

7th in goals
8th in assists
5th in points

Probably rates as a middle of the pack HHOF just on that alone.

If not for the 2 lockouts pretty close to 500 plus goals and easily 1000 points and he's only 34.

his stat line is 1018-434-501-935 adjusted to 458-518-976 (13 still to be adjusted but add in at least 17-14-31)

Last edited:

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I don't think Hossa adds much to what he already had - he was already considered a passable 1st line glue guy or a good 2nd liner here. I guess it removes some questions about him as a playoff performer though.

Seabrook and Sharp will never be key players at the ATD level, I don't think. I think their ceilings are #6 dman or 4th liner. Then again, if Ken Morrow and Ken Daneyko can get bigger roles based on contributions to team success, maybe Seabrook can too. Not sure if that's right though.

Kane, Toews, and Keith all have potential to be key players at the ATD level (like Hossa already is). The question is when they cross the threshold to being legitimate impact players at the ATD level.

The problem for Toews is that he will need to surpass some players at a very deep position.

I can see Kane being a weak 2nd liner atm.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
You have nightmares about the times you spent hours on a player bio only to have a computer problem and lose it all! :rant::confused::headache::scared:

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
You have nightmares about the times you spent hours on a player bio only to have a computer problem and lose it all! :rant::confused::headache::scared:

I spent literally hours on a massive Paul Coffey bio, and it was saved for days, then an hfboards error erased most of it when I had only done an edit (I did the usual, ctrl-a, ctrl-c, post) but for some reason it only saved the first few hundred characters. Asked a mod about it, they said they'd look into it, I never heard back. After becoming a mod, i found out that all they'd have to have done was check the edit history)

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I spent literally hours on a massive Paul Coffey bio, and it was saved for days, then an hfboards error erased most of it when I had only done an edit (I did the usual, ctrl-a, ctrl-c, post) but for some reason it only saved the first few hundred characters. Asked a mod about it, they said they'd look into it, I never heard back. After becoming a mod, i found out that all they'd have to have done was check the edit history)

When I do long bios, I PM them to myself after each section, so I don't loose too much if there's a glitch. Learned that the hard way

Last edited:

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL

When I do long bios, I PM them to myself after each section, so I don't loose too much if there's a glitch. Learned that the hard way

I either work on them in word or save the edit section by section.

I do all mine in word as well...also learned that lesson the hard way

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011

just do what I do

HY9OboW.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad