You may be an ATD'er if....

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
The only thing keeping you from going on a trolling rampage on the main boards and getting banned afterwards is the ATD.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
The only thing keeping you from going on a trolling rampage on the main boards and getting banned afterwards is the ATD.

so true , so many times I just said to myself **** them all on the main board or even the lounge but I resisted going on a trolling spree because of the ATD

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
Here's another one. If your incarerated and with your one & only phone call you ask your brother to keep track of the rest of your ATD for you.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
As pathetic as it sounds:

You may be an ATD'er if while first logging on, you check the ATD draft page before you check your Facebook.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
You might be an ATD'er with you have a direct shortcut link to the ATD section on your desktop :laugh:

( I also have a direct shortcut link to HR , to hockeylegends & to the ATD 2011 thread in preparation for ATD 2012. )

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
You may be an ATD'er if you stop watching the SC playoffs and don't care who wins if all the Original Six teams are eliminated. That's me. :)

Hedberg

MLD Glue Guy
Jan 9, 2005
BC, Canada
You may be an ATD'er if you know there is no Original Six, only an Original Four (Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Hockey Club, Ottawa Senators, and Montreal Wanderers)

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
You may be an ATD'er if you know there is no Original Six, only an Original Four (Montreal Canadiens, Toronto Hockey Club, Ottawa Senators, and Montreal Wanderers)
You're may be an ATDer if you know that all four of those teams don't play in the NHL anymore so I can't quit watching the SC playoffs when they are eliminated from the playoffs.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
.... if you went to wikipedia to actually resolve this dispute:

It's actually 2/4 original teams remaining. The Toronto Hockey Club became the St. Pats, which became the Maple Leafs.

Though technically, when the NHL was formed, the Original 4 were the Montreal Canadiens, Montreal Wanderers, Ottawa Senators, and Quebec Bulldogs. But the Bulldogs suspended operations for the first NHL season (they'd later briefly come back), and were replaced by the Toronto Club (which was originally supposed to be a temporary replacement for Eddie Livingstone's team that was locked out of the NHL).

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
... If you're about to declare a Wikipedia war against a guy who insists the Vezina Trophy went to the best goalie (like it does today) before 1946....

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
LOL, I want to know more!

Rememeber the conversation we had in the "goalies before 1950" thread about how the Wikipedia article was wrong? Some of us found multiple newspaper articles from the 1930s indicating that the Vezina was based off GAA.

I spent quite a few hours updating the history of the Vezina on Wikipedia afterwards. Just found out that my changes were reversed by the guy who originally "determined" that the award criteria changed in 1946 based off a single newspaper article

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Rememeber the conversation we had in the "goalies before 1950" thread about how the Wikipedia article was wrong? Some of us found multiple newspaper articles from the 1930s indicating that the Vezina was based off GAA.

I spent quite a few hours updating the history of the Vezina on Wikipedia afterwards. Just found out that my changes were reversed by the guy who originally "determined" that the award criteria changed in 1946 based off a single newspaper article

It's possible this guy is a Hainsworth fan.

Did you direct him to the overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
It's possible this guy is a Hainsworth fan.

Did you direct him to the overwhelming evidence to the contrary?

My version that he reversed had several paragraphs on the early history of the Vezina, all cited from newspaper articles. He obviously didn't read it, because he sent me a message that "LOH and HHOF are wrong" because a single article he has (and based the entire Wikipedia article around previously) says so.

Vecens had previously listed numerous articles in the "talk section" for the article indicating otherwise too

Anyway, we should probably take this to the dishing the dirt or chat thread

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4