You may be an ATD'er if....

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
You may be an ATD if one of the first things to come to mind when you see your favorite team gets Kovalchuk is "well, he and Lemaire weren't a great fit in the ATD. Hope they'll do better together this time around."

Last edited:

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

One of the panels of either Sportsnet or TSN were questioning last night about whether Kovalchuk would be a good fit with Lemaire. My dad agreed with their concerns, saying that he thinks Kovalchuk may struggle with Lemaire. I then got angry, and tried to remember everything I used in the ATD to prove Lemaire wasn't a black-hole offensively, and that he could get along with someone like Kovalchuk fine. My dad gave me a puzzled look and asked when I'd become such a Devils fan.

JFA87-66-99

Jun 12, 2007
USA
How about if your computer goes down and you have your mom make the your picks for 4 rounds. All over the phone because she lives about 50 miles away.

Dwight

The French Tickler
Jul 8, 2006
West Island
Yeah that was crazy.

You may be an ATDer if "History class" becomes "figure out who would best compliment Louis Berlinguette on the 4th line" class

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
You may be an ATD'er if you are able to correctly answer the obscure trivia question "I am the product of an agreement between Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto, and Quebec City. What am I?" with the correct response, "The NHL", to the astonishment of most in the room.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
...when the best way you can describe what's wrong with your favorite NHL team is:

"It's as if Lou L used his first four picks on three left wings and a goalie!"

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
You may be an ATD'er if, when asked why you're taking notes while watching an old game from 1970's, you reply: "I'm scouting."

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
A real ATDer:

New ATD drunk story!!

Just watched the Ottawa-Pens game with my boss. At one point, he turns to me and goes, "I think Alfredsson is pretty good defensively, do you agree?"

My response: "Yeah, he'll look really good beside Ted Lindsay and Bobby Clarke"

He looked at me like I had two heads.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
I really hate Jacques Lemaire.

Stretch passes from defensemen to forwards who aren't allowed to chase the puck into corners. Nevermind that your defensemen are a bunch of unskilled goons who can't pass and your forwards are fast enough to win races to the puck if they were allowed to.

Crappy 1st half coach in 96, 97, 98... and 2010? (A Minnesota Wild fan recently said it was the same deal there).

Edit: Just noticed that this drunken rant was in the wrong thread.

Last edited:

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
You know you're an ATDer when you consider re-arranging your entire summer plans to accommodate, not the ATD but its little brother, the minor league draft!

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
When Brian Engblom comes on the Versus Intermission Report, and your first thought is "I have that guy on my bottom pairing."

hungryhungryhippy

Feb 7, 2010
When Brian Engblom comes on the Versus Intermission Report, and your first thought is "I have that guy on my bottom pairing."

When you're watching the versus broadcast and they start talking about the assistant coach of one of the teams, Craig Ramsay, and you think....

1) I can't believe all these (seemingly obscure) hockey players I learned about in the ATD actually exist.

2) Debating whether or not he's the greatest purely defensive leftwinger of all time.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
... if you totally understand this feeling:

I think it will be awesome to see how the pecking order changes in a large MLD. Which former 3rd/4th line staples have the skills to make the jump to MLD scoring lines? Which great AAA scorers who didn't quite have the MLD goods before (maybe small, or soft) now get to make the jump? And do they find homes on scoring lines in this larger league, or 3rd/4th line roles? Which AAA checkers find places as role players in the MLD? Which MLD backup goalies become starters now? Who backfills their roles? So exciting.

Leafs Forever

Jul 14, 2009
Couple of new ones:

-The name "Eddie Shack" is said and your first response is "I drafted him once!" (the reply was "I didn't know you were that old :laugh:)

-You are forced to write in your mandatory writer's diary for school about the ATD because you can't think about anything else.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
You know you're an ATDer when you're browing the boards because you're bored, and you confine yourself to two sections on the entire board because talking about the present day preseason and regular season happenings, rumours, and even discussion about your own team's training camp, preseason, who they should trade or acquire, and whether they should tank or not seem like pointless drivel compared to the self-enrichment you can achieve by studying hockey history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad