News Article: Yinzer moms mad at Sid for cutting line

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Considering that Mrs Campbell's reaction to seeing Sydney Crosby was to immediately call in the newspapers and/or make him have a conversation with her daughter, I would think that the policy has been justified by this sequence of events.

I mean, Jesus, it's not like the DMV has a bunch of guys in the back room just waiting in case there's a need for crowd control. And even if they did, a crowd-control side show is going to delay people from doing whatever it is they're trying to do more than getting the "distraction" out of there as soon as possible.

and seriously, even without the policy this is a non-issue. If I walk into the DMV and they let me skip line, I'm going to skip the line :laugh:

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Maybe he went in expecting to wait like everyone else? Otherwise I would have thought they would let him in through a back door.

Then the DMV dropped the ball. Can't fault Sid there.

I don't think there are any legitimate safety issues, to be honest.

I guess I don't get enough celebrities around my neck of the woods to be conditioned to watching them move to the front of the line wherever they go. Especially at a government office.

Merchants have an entirely different M.O than individuals going to a bank. They have to make regular timed deposits, get change, etc. Crosby is doing exactly the same thing as everyone else at the DMV.

With social media how long do you think it would take for 100 people + to show up at that DMV once word got out he was there? How about 200 people? 300? When you got that many people around, it becomes a security/safety risk for Crosby, the people already there, employees and state property and infrastructure.

SirBrad

Sep 30, 2009
figures Yinzers would be upset about this. :laugh:

on the other hand, I see I haven't missed much by not checking this site in about 2 weeks.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I like how this is in the news.

Then the voting poll and stuff for the haters to feel somewhat important.

The rule makes sense, had Sid waited in line, it would have disrupted the whole DMV wait times, not only would people text their friends to come down, the people in line would want autographs and it would quite possibly double or even triple the wait times. So rushing a famous athlete or celeb through isn't because they're getting special treatment as much as the DMV avoiding a possible longer delay because of people wanting to take pictures or getting autographs with the said famous person.

Some people don't get it.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Then the DMV dropped the ball. Can't fault Sid there.

With social media how long do you think it would take for 100 people + to show up at that DMV once word got out he was there? How about 200 people? 300? When you got that many people around, it becomes a security/safety risk for Crosby, the people already there, employees and state property and infrastructure.

If you had open practices every time Sid were to step on the ice to just skate in circles, the arena would be packed. Imagine the DMV after a few text their friends, post on instagram, twitter, facebook, etc.

DMV did the right thing, they just executed it poorly.

Gooch

May 28, 2008
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
Seriously, I have never been at the DMV for longer than 30-40 minutes including my permit and drivers tests.

I don't know if the DMV's are drastically different state to state but in the last 6 months I registered two cars and each time it took over four hours from start to finish. The experience is hell on earth.

Gooch

May 28, 2008
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
Why is that? Do picture-taking and autographs slow down the line?

It'll be people calling/texting others in notifying them that Crosby is at the DMV right at that moment. Next thing you know there are MORE people at the DMV than normally would be. That one person would be causing more of a crowd than normal. Both times I was at the DMV this year it was packed to the brim with a line winding it's way out the door. Any additional unnecessary people in there wouldve been a burden. I shudder to think how awful it wouldve been if there was a celebrity people cared about there waiting in line. I'd gladly rush that person to the front of the line to avoid an even worse crowd making it difficult to move around or find a seat.

BreakfastatMarios

Feb 5, 2013
Pittsburgh
Not reading everything posted here.

Sid was skipped in line for the convience of the DMV not for SID.

Be very inconvient for them to have 1000 people in the lobby after someone posts on Twitter "DUDE sitting next to Crosby at DMV"

That's why this is a non story

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
When I first read the article title on ESPN, I was a bit concerned. I read "DMV" as "DMZ", which can be an acronym for "demilitarized zone" (i.e. there is a DMZ between North and South Korea). So when I saw "Crisis averted as Crosby expedited from DMZ", I had to do a double take. This is a much better alternative. Why would ESPN use that language, anyway? Are they capable of sarcasm?

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
C'mon Shero, be a hero ... make a move already and save us from ourselves ... give us something else to discuss :laugh:

yS8YGZt.jpg

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I bet if the line was full of people who built CEC or who work in it, they'd form arches and let him skip to thee loo all the way to the front.

Such a non-story and who ever put the pen to paper should be fired.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
I love how NBC now has this. I also love how people claim that Crosby is an arrogant ******. Kris Letang? Yes. Sidney Crosby? No.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
Agreed.

Sid didn't walk in and demand to be serviced. The DMV has these situations setup so chaos doesn't break out in the waiting room.

Right. Blame the DMV...not Sid. I agree with the DMV though. Not to mention, if I were a celebrity like Sidney Crosby, having to go through the process of renewing a drivers license would be 10x more painful than it is for the rest of us because he would never be left alone.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Right. Blame the DMV...not Sid. I agree with the DMV though. Not to mention, if I were a celebrity like Sidney Crosby, having to go through the process of renewing a drivers license would be 10x more painful than it is for the rest of us because he would never be left alone.

Why? Crosby isn't a Stiller! He doesn't play defense! In fact, all he does is pass the puck. PASSING. That's sissy ****! Can yinz believe that? He never tries to run the puck over the goal line! He must only care about his stats n'at!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad