News Article: Yinzer moms mad at Sid for cutting line

open0rclosed

Nov 29, 2006
I can't deny that if I were there and saw it, waiting in line, I'd be pissed as hell. I hate that place.

These people need to recognize it's the DMV policy, not Sid. I highly, highly doubt that Sid demanded it. I'm sure he would patiently wait and deal with the crowds. He might be irked, but he would graciously deal. I wonder how that works. He calls ahead and lets them know he's coming? Or they just see him and usher him to the front?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Jesus Christ...DMV skips him ahead, Sid gets negative ESPN article written about him.

Yeah the DMV probably should not have done that, but it would have been chaos otherwise. I somehow doubt that Kobe Bryant waits in the DMV lines here in LA.

There's a difference between being left alone to eat your meal and being surrounded by 16 year-olds and angry mothers in a DMV. I know Pittsburgh is generally respectful of their athlete's private lives...but all statutes of kindness and humanity go out the window when you're talking about a trip to the DMV.

Last edited:

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011
This would be a great reason to dump someone to get more cash. We could keep Niskanen and sign Kyle Clifford, Ryan Reaves, and Craig Adams for another four years.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
But yet those same people probably wouldn't mind waiting 6+ hours in a line at Ross Park Mall or somewhere just to see him in person.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Translation:

"DURR! We're hard workin' yinzer folk! Ain't gunna let some sissy like Sidney Crosby that don't even play DEFENSE cut in front a me n'at! Geez louise! Ah bet he think he can cut in line at Primanti's! What a jagoff!"

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Evgeni Malkin would not only have demanded everyone in the building go before him, he would have paid for their transactions and THEN taken his business to the Detroit DMV.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...-therefore-terrible-180535678.html#more-64966

"He probably should have waited," said one lady, who probably wouldn't have waited if she was a celebrity.

Haha.

"I disapprove," said 46-year-old Susan Campbell of Cranberry, who later in the day spent an hour and half at the center off McKnight Road and waited in line twice to help her 20-year-old daughter, Jessica, renew her license before heading off to college. "He should have to sit and wait with everyone else."

Maybe someone can enlighten me, but what was this woman doing so wrong that she was at the DMV for an hour and a half (and why did her 20 year old daughter need assistance renewing her license)?

My experiences at various Pennsylvania DMV offices renewing licenses or getting a lost license replaced are two fold:

1) the workers are jerks
2) I'm never there longer than, like, 10 minutes, but it's usually more like 5 minutes

This applies to the Bridgeville DMV, the one near Gateway Plaza and the one on I think Bigelow (or is it Baum? one out past Shadyside).

Edit: come to think of it, I might have an idea. I was at the DMV one time where someone renewed their license, decided they didn't like the picture and came in demanding a re-do. The people who work there were p-i-s-s-e-d pissed. Something like that is the only possible explanation as to why Mrs. Campbell would be there for 90 minutes and have to wait in two lines. Even people who are there for legal violations get in and out quicker.

Last edited:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
The funny part is where the lady says the police should come down and keep order while Sid waits to get his license.

Isn't there something more newsworthy, like the latest repairs to the Zamboni, than this?

That sounds like a ridiculously frivolous use of taxpayer money.

Jesus Vitale

Formerly CPZ17
Nov 19, 2010
Pittsburgh
Considering this is the first time in 8 years since he's been in Pittsburgh I've heard about something like this, I assume this isn't a common thing. He probably does usually make appointments, didn't this time and was planning on waiting it out with the GenPop and the people in charge rushed him to the front.

Don't blame them. The DMV is the last place you want to start a mob of people.

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
But yet those same people probably wouldn't mind waiting 6+ hours in a line at Ross Park Mall or somewhere just to see him in person.

I honestly don't think they're Pens fans. By the sounds of it they're yinzer Steeler fans. If it was Ben they would probably have thrown their daughters at his feet & got on their knees.

PensFan68

May 6, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
I don't think anyone should get special treatment, but it happens. Too bad for him if he has to sit there and deal with people bothering him. He chose his profession, and he gets paid well for it, he (and all other celebrities) should have to deal with the stardom (fans) that come with it.

I know it seems like I'm mad about it, but I truly could care less. If I were there, I may be a bit annoyed, but at the same time one person going ahead of me isn't making the time that much longer.

On his way out he should've signed some autographs for everyone in line, I'm sure it would've made them happier.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
A person should be able to do errands without having to sign 100 autographs everywhere he goes.

Mind you I find autographs to be incredibly stupid and meaningless.

Gooch

May 28, 2008
Coeur d'Alene Idaho
My first reaction is that nobody should not have to sit and wait like everyone else. But then I read the explanation of why and it makes sense. As someone who has registered two cars in the last few months on a tuesday morning (DMV closed on mondays at least here) it's a living hell. About the only thing that could make things worse would be to have a mob of fans swooping in an already overcrowded DMV to fawn at a celebrity.

member 51464

I can only imagine that his picture on the license is awful.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
Celebrities get special treatment. Don't like it? Become famous.

I've got no problem with Sid of all people benefiting from it.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
I honestly don't think they're Pens fans. By the sounds of it they're yinzer Steeler fans. If it was Ben they would probably have thrown their daughters at his feet & got on their knees.

I don't know. McCandless isn't exactly the boons where I would imagine the deep yinzers live :P But I would argue that Crosby's popularity in Pittsburgh is probably equivalent, if not more, than Roethlisberger's.... especially with the younger crowd. I think it's known that Ben doesn't even come close talent wise to Sid and even the full-yinzers realize that come playoff time. Let's just keep in mind that all it takes is one year of poor play from Ben and he's the most hated person in Pittsburgh (could it be this season? :P), while Crosby will be the heart and soul of this team until he retires here.

MonsterSurge

Nov 14, 2011

Ben would have been WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ahead of them. :naughty:

PensFan68

May 6, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
I doubt he walked in and asked for special treatment. He can't just go around being expected to do extra nice things all the damn time.

Yes, he should be. If he gets special treatment, he should go out of the way for people he put out. You may not feel the same way I do, and that's fine, but I feel he should go out of his way.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Yes, he should be. If he gets special treatment, he should go out of the way for people he put out. You may not feel the same way I do, and that's fine, but I feel he should go out of his way.

He shouldn't be expected to do anything. It's not like he created the DMV's policy.

If someone there asked him for an autograph, then yeah he should oblige. But he shouldn't have to go out of his way, walk up to random people, and apologize for a policy that he had nothing to do with.

And really, how 'put out' could the people be from having to wait through one extra person?

But the fact that this is even news shows that training camp really needs to start :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad