News Article: Yinzer moms mad at Sid for cutting line

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Yes, he should be. If he gets special treatment, he should go out of the way for people he put out. You may not feel the same way I do, and that's fine, but I feel he should go out of his way.

people give him special treatment all the time. Expecting him to go out of his way to do extra nice things every single time is ridiculous. He's a person. Let him live his life. He doesn't owe anybody a damn thing.

domaug*

Nov 27, 2011
Archbald, PA
A person should be able to do errands without having to sign 100 autographs everywhere he goes.

Mind you I find autographs to be incredibly stupid and meaningless.

because most of them are requested by vultures who will just sell the autographed merchandise on ebay.

at least, that's what i've seen when seeing people go for autographs.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
While I agree, if you want special treatment, you should do something nice for the people around.

If he had asked to jump to the front of the line, sure, but it was the DMV that jumped him ahead. This added maybe a minute to the wait for those already in line...whoopee.

But yeah, the fact that this made the news in any way, shape, or form tells you that it's August 10th and everyone is just desperate for any sort of news story.

because most of them are requested by vultures who will just sell the autographed merchandise on ebay.

at least, that's what i've seen when seeing people go for autographs.

Oh, no doubt. That's gotta annoy the piss out of athletes and celebrities, knowing that you're doing something out of good will solely for other people to exploit it for profit.

Why people buy autographed things that they weren't there to get is one of the biggest wtf things in the world to me.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
this is a complete non-story. Sidney Crosby got preferential treatment because it was expedient for the DMV. So does every celebrity everywhere. Anyone making a big deal out of this is barking up the wrong tree.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Preferential treatment? Or the DMV wanted him out asap before it became a "Hey everyone, Crosby's here!" situation?

Who gives a crap? lol

PensFan68

May 6, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
people give him special treatment all the time. Expecting him to go out of his way to do extra nice things every single time is ridiculous. He's a person. Let him live his life. He doesn't owe anybody a damn thing.

Not really. It's just common courtesy for anyone to do something nice if you get something extra. Most normal every day people do this, celebs shouldn't be different.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Not really. It's just common courtesy for anyone to do something nice if you get something extra. Most normal every day people do this, celebs shouldn't be different.

But most normal people don't have people trying to treat them special all the time. If Sidney Crosby went above and beyond someone treated him special he would never go out in public because he'd get trapped in an infinite loop of doing extra nice things. Give a wave, say thank you or sorry. That's enough.

As far as being common courtesy to do something nice if you get extra, you do something nice for the people who gave you something extra. If I'm at a restaurant and my waitress gives me great service and a free drink, I'll give her a nice tip. I won't do something nice for everyone in the restaurant. Maybe Sid should do something for the people working at the DMV, but the other customers didn't do anything for him to repay. And honestly, the DMV clearly did it out of self interest, not for Sid's sake.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
Two things bother me about this story.

First, that it is a story at all.

Second and even worse that I took the 15 minutes to read through it. That woman owes me that time back!

HometownHockey

Stop the Presses! Sid the Kid did nothing wrong

Stop the Presses! Sid the Kid did nothing wrong
Crosby_Sidney2_L.jpg

http://www.ourhometown.ca/hockey/HH0089.php

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I respect the article, but some people just want to watch the world burn. They'll literally use this again Sid. The reason this rule is in place is to protect the place from becoming ridiculous. What if 100 fans got word online and just bombarded the area. Then we need police to make sure everything is fine.

My main question... why didn't someone w/ Sid just tell him to do the online renewal? :laugh: I did an online renewal, went down to get a picture and was in/out in 13 seconds. It was unreal quick.

But seriously.. this is the DUMBEST discussion I've ever seen. And I've seen some ****ing dumb discussions. **** the original article because it was just so stupid.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
I respect the article, but some people just want to watch the world burn. They'll literally use this again Sid. The reason this rule is in place is to protect the place from becoming ridiculous. What if 100 fans got word online and just bombarded the area. Then we need police to make sure everything is fine.

My main question... why didn't someone w/ Sid just tell him to do the online renewal? :laugh: I did an online renewal, went down to get a picture and was in/out in 13 seconds. It was unreal quick.

But seriously.. this is the DUMBEST discussion I've ever seen. And I've seen some ****ing dumb discussions. **** the original article because it was just so stupid.

Crosby's my favourite player. It's not a damning criticism of him or anything, I just don't think it's right for any celebrity - policy or not. No cutsies applies to everyone! ;)

I mean, by your reasoning, why not let celebrities cut to the front of every line, everywhere they go?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Crosby's my favourite player. It's not a damning criticism of him or anything, I just don't think it's right for any celebrity - policy or not. No cutsies applies to everyone! ;)

I mean, by your reasoning, why not let celebrities cut to the front of every line, everywhere they go?

Within reason... i'm fine with it. Restaurants already do it. If it can prevent issues from happening and create safety - then go for it!

Within reason...

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008

Is it cutting if he is told to go first by the DMV?

When merchants walk into banks, is it cutting if they go to their separate merchant lines and are taken before your average check-casher?

People are looking at this wrong. Crosby wasn't brought to the front of the line due to special treatment. Organizations have systems like this in place to reduce customers' wait time and increase the flow of traffic in high traffic areas.

Last edited:

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Yeah, it's definitely the middle of August when this is a story.... :laugh:

My favourite part from the Post-Gazette story on this: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/state/penndot-treats-penguin-with-kid-gloves-698800/

By not waiting with the rest of the applicants, Mr. Crosby missed a chance to let fans get to know him and to encourage their respect for him as a person, Ms. Campbell said. When her daughter, Stephanie, was young, for instance, NHL hockey pro Wayne Gretzky broke away from signing autographs at a golf tournament to spend a few minutes talking to the girl and getting his picture taken with her, she said.
It was the kind of gentlemanly behavior that won their family's admiration.
"Those are the people fans learn to love and encourage their children to follow -- the ones that take the time to talk and be themselves," Ms. Campbell said. "It depends on what kind of character you want to show, and it depends on how you want people to talk about you."

So, this woman thinks that because Gretzky once spoke to her daughter during a golf tournament (where you would probably expect to have to interact with fans), Sid should have to put in time with fans while running an errand at the DMV otherwise it's a poor show of character. :shakehead

Ridiculous.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Why the **** is this an article?

Its a story because someone famous got special treatment. If could be Crosby, Stamkos, Jeter, or any other famous sports player and the same would happen.

Although I think the DMV shouldn't make it so obvious. Let them do their business in a back door kind of manner where everyone doesn't see him.

Frankly I think its better they got him in and out. Can you imagine the circus if they let him do it like everyone else?

MeticulouslyDishevel

Oct 23, 2012
Its a story because someone famous got special treatment. If could be Crosby, Stamkos, Jeter, or any other famous sports player and the same would happen.

Although I think the DMV shouldn't make it so obvious. Let them do their business in a back door kind of manner where everyone doesn't see him.

Frankly I think its better they got him in and out. Can you imagine the circus if they let him do it like everyone else?

Maybe he went in expecting to wait like everyone else? Otherwise I would have thought they would let him in through a back door.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad