Post-Game Talk: Avs 6 - Jets 2, Avs lead series 2 -1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
I see a lot of very subjective views blaming the officiating, and I understand that, but that is not the problem, as usually penalties all balance out in the end.

The problem is the Jets don't want it bad enough, and the Avs do. Where is Villardi, Connor, Ehlers, and Monahan ? These guys were really all invisable and do not show up, when the going gets tough and the big chips are on the table.

It's a matter of character, and will to win, and play a disciplined game. The only players that I liked tonight were Morrissey, Scheifele, and Lowry, and the rest of the Jets were sub par. Not good enough.

Put in Barron -- he has grit and character, put in Perfetti, he's been hot lately, and start Brossoit in Goal, as Helle has proven he chokes in the playoffs.

We "have to" make some changes, or the same thing will happen on Sunday. The Jets will have to play their best game on Sunday, with a 100 % gritty effort, little to no penalties, and their players have to "show up."
you are totally right... who cares if the avs got 10 mins straight of powerplay time in a 2-1 game after letting a bunch of blatant shit go in the 1st two periods...

barron is f***ing injured

UFO

Mar 14, 2022
Switzerland
I thought the Jets played a much more poised game for the first two periods. They weren’t panicking with the puck nearly as much.
But, then the 3rd happened.
Changes need to be made. Perfetti in. LB in.

I second your opinion. The 3rd turned out to be armageddon for us for various reasons. We have to get the monkey off our back and start playing to our abilities again. This serie isn't over yet, although we managed to make Colorado look better than they actually are.

Reactions: Orrrules and GNP

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Remember that 9 game winning streak? Good times.

Another whimper out in the first round should get Chevy fired.
Did they not just re up him for another multi year contract? I think TN did.

Fire Laur into the sun. Bones might have the right systems but his in game and game to game adjustments at his disposal are poor.

NHL refs just suck this is nothing new. But Jets special teams sucks worse,

Helleboi disappoints me in yet another playoff year.

Last edited:

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
Just throw regular spaghetti and sausages at MacK right before the game. That would f*** him up.
You guys need to add some gluten and sugar into his meals when he's in Winnipeg ala Jordan in Utah, but hope it doesn't backfire like it did there 😅

One thing I found absolutely hilarious is that Bednar was essentially running the exact same matchups with home-ice that Bowness was hard matching with in Winnipeg. Really tells you what the Avs think about the Jets tactics
That's just Bednar in general. He trusts the top line against any line in the league and doesn't try to get them away from anyone

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
It's a series, we won our home opener, they won there's. Up until the 3rd, it was a good road game.
The missed reverse interference headshot from Nichushkin, roughing on Scheif were big misses.

If we can win the next game, and 5 on 5 we look good, then it's anyone's series

They are definitely taking physical liberties out there.

Dillon is out so does Miller or Stanley get the call?
I say Stan, Perfetti. I'd sit Appleton

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
From a shade under 3 expected goals against per game in the regular season to 4.6 per game through the first three playoff games.

But hey, at least the lines are still intact.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
This series overall feels a looooooot like last year's first round vs. Vegas. Win the first game, get outplayed (heavily in stretches) after that and lose all following 4 games. We're right on track to do exactly that again.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if we lose Game 4 in similar fashion, looking decent for half the game or two periods and then the Avs just step up the intensity and end up winning it like 4-2 again. Heading back to Winnipeg with a 3-1 lead for the Avs, unfortunately, I fear another "roll over" situation incoming and the Avs finish the series comfortably 4-1. Bowness will not be happy at the presser but will take it a bit easier on the guys this team, knowing that will be his last press conference as a Jets HC anyway, although he'll think the exact same things about their character and push back level as last year. He then announces his retirement two days later.

I would love to have it another way... Just can't see much of a different outcome here.

And then the Avs go on and make it at least to the finals because that is what happens apparently once we start the playoffs. I do think it is quite weird that we have to play a team out of the top favorites group in the West as the #2 seed TBH but it is what it is. If you add up both team's points totals for the regular season, this is easily the highest rated first round series. I don't really understand the logic of this honestly... Won't change much anyway, whatever - but I don't get the idea of this seedings. I would have loved to play NSH, VAN, LA - me personally, I would even prefer to play EDM in round 1 easily. I am never scared of them outside of their PP. I mean even if we'd somehow won the first round vs the Avs, you get to play Dallas or Vegas next... like - how? How can you be the second best team in the West and get sent to play the Avalanche and then Dallas/Vegas. We basically got punished for being the second best team in the West compared to being a wildcard team. Look at Nashville, lol. I would love to switch with their path. f*** home ice advantage honestly. Playing VAN and then EDM/LA is WAY better than home ice advantage vs 3 Stanley Cup favorites.

Last edited:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Put in Barron -- he has grit and character, put in Perfetti, he's been hot lately, and start Brossoit in Goal, as Helle has proven he chokes in the playoffs.
@GNP - Barron can't go, as far as I know he's hurt. But yes indeed Perfetti could go. Finally, how Bro would do in the same circumstances is unknown (eg, down a guy for about half of the third period) however I would suggest that it may be a very similar result.

Last edited:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
This series overall feels a looooooot like last year's first round vs. Vegas. Win the first game, get outplayed (heavily in stretches) after that and lose all following 4 games. We're right on track to do exactly that again.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if we lose Game 4 in similar fashion, looking decent for half the game or two periods and then the Avs just step up the intensity and end up winning it like 4-2 again. Heading back to Winnipeg with a 3-1 lead for the Avs, unfortunately, I fear another "roll over" situation incoming and the Avs finish the series comfortably 4-1. Bowness will not be happy at the presser but will take it a bit easier on the guys this team, knowing that will be his last press conference as a Jets HC anyway, although he'll think the exact same things about their character and push back level as last year. He then announces his retirement two days later.

I would love to have it another way... Just can't see much of a different outcome here.

And then the Avs go on and make it at least to the finals because that is what happens apparently once we start the playoffs. I do think it is quite weird that we have to play a team out of the top favorites group in the West as the #2 seed TBH but it is what it is. If you add up both team's points totals for the regular season, this is easily the highest rated first round series. I don't really understand the logic of this honestly... Won't change much anyway, whatever - but I don't get the idea of this seedings. I would have loved to play NSH, VAN, LA - me personally, I would even prefer to play EDM in round 1 easily. I am never scared of them outside of their PP. I mean even if we'd somehow won the first round vs the Avs, you get to play Dallas or Vegas next... like - how? How can you be the second best team in the West and get sent to play the Avalanche and then Dallas/Vegas. We basically got punished for being the second best team in the West compared to being a wildcard team. Look at Nashville, lol. I would love to switch with their path. f*** home ice advantage honestly. Playing VAN and then EDM/LA is WAY better than home ice advantage vs 3 Stanley Cup favorites.
This is exactly what I see as well.
We get away from playing the same way in the playoffs as we did in the regular season and we don’t seem to have an answer or any adjustments.
I would suspect game 4 to be another game where we come out on the wrong side of the score sheet.
A very frustrating team post season.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I thought the Jets played a much more poised game for the first two periods. They weren’t panicking with the puck nearly as much.
But, then the 3rd happened.
Changes need to be made. Perfetti in. LB in.
Hopefully we make changes.
It’s only 2-1 but it’s a daunting challenge to turn this series around.
I’m disappointed but not shocked.
I was hoping we could win in 6, but it seems unlikely we win 3 in a row.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
big big hill to climb now. I fell asleep with the radio on during the second intermission and the flurry of scoring in the third woke me up. When I heard that the Avs had scored three unanswered I turned the radio off. Sucks to hear Dilly is probably done. That hurts.

I doubt we pull this off but you never know...(sometimes you know though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad