World Championships - Who's Going? (Besides Hank)

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Hayes can go back to Boston now, eat crap all offseason and like barstool photos on instagram, all while thinking he's hockey's version of Tom Brady.

**** him.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Lindberg is destroying the WCHs on a line with Backstrom and Willy Nylander. He must be one of the more underrated players in hockey.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
AV underrate him as well @Ola, lol.

Yeah, that was US disaster - move Hayes & Stepan over the summer!, just do it!! :)

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
World Championship stats mean jack ****. Remember that Niklas Jensen guy? Yeah where is he now? Playing in some euro beer league?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Pretty sure Magnus Paarjavi tore up the WC's before even stepping into the league. Hasn't exactly worked out for him. Cody Ceci put up big numbers at this tournament last year, and he still sucks.

Lindberg is a good player though. Glad he is doing well.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Henrik Lundqvist has been run into multiple times during his brief time at the World Championships and Swedens' coach said that not enough is being done to protect goalies. (Expressen)

Lundqvist was run into during Sweden's game against Denmark a few days ago and against Switzerland yesteray.

Trainers came out to check on Lundqvist after both incidents but he remained in both games. (Expressen)

He said that in both instances his neck was twisted and then he had no feeling in his arm for 20-30 seconds. (Aftonbladet)

Lundqvist said after yesterday's game that he is fine and just needed a couple of minutes after each incident to feel better. (Hockeybladet)

https://www.sny.tv/rangers/news/swe...ik-lundqvist-keeps-getting-run-into/231192264

Umm...okay Hank, you had your fun, it's time to come home..

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Lindberg is getting a lot of hype from the NY media right now it seems. It's like everbody suddenly "discovered" he exists and might be a better player than his usage so far. Really interested to see what the NYR do with him.

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
Lindberg is getting a lot of hype from the NY media right now it seems. It's like everbody suddenly "discovered" he exists and might be a better player than his usage so far. Really interested to see what the NYR do with him.

Lose him to Vegas probably.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Hedman off a really fluky goal. took a couple of bounces and went right through Pickard's legs.

one more period. hope they can hold on, so i can be happy that Henrik won something. would be 2/3 on the Triple Gold club.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Lose him to Vegas probably.

I still think Vegas takes Grabner. His goal total and his strong play in the playoffs is just too much for an expansion team to pass up on. It's going to be extremely hard for them to find goals in the expansion draft. Lindberg would probably be the smarter choice long term but someone on that team is going to need score.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Not to derail this thread but it's getting a little out of control. I like Lindberg and I have no issue giving him a shot as the 3C next year but I'm not forcing a trade before the expansion draft to protect him. I'd look into moving Hayes personally over Stepan.

Anyway, hope Henrik gets gold so it's another accolade on his resume. And of course Sweden takes a too many men penalty near the end of regulation.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Konecny dives and the Canadians score on the ensuing PP. Pathetic.

That was even worse embellishment than Bonino vs the Caps.

Let's see if Don Cherry goes in a rant about it. Oh wait, it was a good old Canadian boy never mind just a good old boy trying to do what Canadians do.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Hockey getting disgusting like soccer with the embellishment stuff. Swedes have been good at this bs for years tho. When Nylander got speared in the throat he kept playing. No call of course. Hmmmm

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
ROR is grinding it out for Canada. Plays like a winner, dominating on FOs. They have two straight golds much thanks to him actually. He scored he tying goal in this one, going into OT it could become 3 straight.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Not to derail this thread but it's getting a little out of control. I like Lindberg and I have no issue giving him a shot as the 3C next year but I'm not forcing a trade before the expansion draft to protect him. I'd look into moving Hayes personally over Stepan.

Anyway, hope Henrik gets gold so it's another accolade on his resume. And of course Sweden takes a too many men penalty near the end of regulation.

Yeah, I just put it here since it seems like the papers are latching onto Lindberg's play on the top line for Sweden at this tournament.

Settling in to watch this OT now. Really hope Sweden wins this.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Lindberg is destroying the WCHs on a line with Backstrom and Willy Nylander. He must be one of the more underrated players in hockey.

He won the Liv in 2013. That shows he's a damn good player. He just needed time to get to where he is now. One of the better bottom-6 centers in the NHL in my opinion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad