World Championships - Who's Going? (Besides Hank)

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Good thing Hayes saved his scoring for the IIHF Championship, going to the net where goals are scored instead of being a perimeter pansy...

What a joke.

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
Raanta will be going to LV if not dealt before the list is submitted or it will be Fast. Grabner is almost 30 soon and Holden isn't a guy Vegas will take closing in on 30 as well.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Some salty negativity here...

That is absolutely warranted.

He was horrible in the playoffs. Horrible. Couldnt win important draws. Couldnt win PP draws. He could barely skate or at least it looked like he was skating with weights attached to him. He was pathetic.

Zil

Shrug
Feb 9, 2006
Pump up that trade value Kevin so we can bundle your ass with Raanta and ship it off for Dougie Hamilton.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
The last few creative trades have been Brassard, Moore, Dorsett and the Nash trade. All things considered, we won both trades. If we can sell Hayes off at a high price, that'd be nice.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I can easily understand the frustration. Hayes looks like he's flying all over the ice in the World Championships right now. Wish we saw some of that a few weeks ago.

Yes true, frustration and sad that the coach AV can`t figure it out.
He always says the player need to do it so that is that. :)
Can we have the US coach next year or he is still coaching Tampa, Jon Cooper?

Yeah @Irishguy42 we need focus negativity into something positive - playoffs is over for sure.
I can`t continue to whine about it - disappointed in myself.

Anyway I`m interested in Jon instead of AV in the future if AV somehow crash this season. I always enjoy watching Tampa and how they play when they are not heavily hit by injuries which was the main reason they did not qualify to playoffs this year.

Last edited:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yes true, frustration and sad that the coach AV can`t figure it out.
He always says the player need to do it so that is that. :)
Can we have the US coach next year or he is still coaching Tampa, Jon Cooper?

Anyway I`m interested in Jon instead of AV in the future if AV somehow crash this season. I always enjoy watching Tampa and how they play when they are not heavily hit by injuries which was the main reason they did not qualify to playoffs this year.

Blashill is coaching Team USA. Cooper is coaching Canada.

tbassler

Jul 22, 2009
Hayes is doing well. But this tournament is glorified shinny hockey. It is hard to compare it to playoff hockey on a smaller rink.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Made a fool of AV in the conference finals, but that's probably not that hard at this point

He was laughing about it.

He knew he was going to get the two wins at the Garden for game 5 & 7.

AV played into his hands with his "good looks"... ie same **** from the perimeter.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014

He knew he was going to get the two wins at the Garden for game 5 & 7.

AV played into his hands with his "good looks"... ie same **** from the perimeter.

I guess we are not gonna mention 4 of our 6 dmen were playing with serious injuries that probably in regular season they would not be playing. I'm sure that had an impact on game 7 for sure. Unfortunately, the healthy dmen were probably the most useless in dan boyle/matt hunwick.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
I guess we are not gonna mention 4 of our 6 dmen were playing with serious injuries that probably in regular season they would not be playing. I'm sure that had an impact on game 7 for sure. Unfortunately, the healthy dmen were probably the most useless in dan boyle/matt hunwick.

i know there were reasons behind imperfect play,
but the home shutouts in G5 and G7 still sting

maybe even worse than the 3 Finals OT losses

but maybe not, ... oh those blown leads, like also in '17

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
That was such a Rangers play.

As was the Hayes Delay of Game.

And the United States continue to under perform at this tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad