World Championships - Who's Going? (Besides Hank)

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
not gonna lie seeing skjei paired with mcavoy made me die a little bit inside

and lol at the idea of the yotes trading dvorak or keller. that would be so stupid on their part

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Lindberg is on the same line as Nylander and Backstrom, per IIHF.

What a change from last week.

allrevvedup25

Jul 7, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
he's still beasting it on the boards, too. definitely looks like he should still be playing playoff hockey

Watching the Sweden/Denmark game and I love the way Lindberg is playing. The way that he played in the playoffs and now in the world championships, the Rangers need to find a way to protect him in the expansion draft. Lundqvist is playing well also

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Lindberg was on a sweat line with Backstrom and Nylander.

The Danes scored 2 goals late in the 3rd to make it 3-2. Reminiscent of Ottawa for sure for Hank. Sweden get a PP and bang its 4-2 and game over. We need a better PP...

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
K. Hayes can`t play with Miller next season - he has two assist in his first USA game and the best player of the game award.

If Nash is still here I would like to see him with Hayes.

Kreider - Stepan - Vesey
JT. Miller - Zib - Zucc
Nash - Hayes - Buch
Martinsen - Lindberg - Fast

*I miss Jim Cerny now - he usually updated Rangers news with other games like Olympics & World championships who involved Rangers players -
while Amanda is unofficially on vacation. :)

I think Grabner is gone if he is unprotected in that Vegas expansion.

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Lindberg was on a sweat line with Backstrom and Nylander.

The Danes scored 2 goals late in the 3rd to make it 3-2. Reminiscent of Ottawa for sure for Hank. Sweden get a PP and bang its 4-2 and game over. We need a better PP...

I believe that O. Lindberg can improve his game for sure and get a bigger role on Rangers, but he probably don`t have the talent be a 1st or 2nd line #center in NHL, and his injury delayed his development for a bit.

Off topic - I wish we could swap Nylander with Stepan, but Leafs would never accept that trade move. :)

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Lindberg is better than Hayes. If he isn't taken in expansion, he needs to get PK time next season, along with potential PP time.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Lindberg is better than Hayes. If he isn't taken in expansion, he needs to get PK time next season, along with potential PP time.

Hayes nearly hit 50 points this season. A full season, and he easily does. No way is Lindberg better. He'd be lucky if he ever hit 40.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York

I like Lindberg, but that is really letting the recency bias of the playoffs influence your opinion.

Hayes is a better player than Lindberg is pretty objectively. I've seen quite a few people thinking Lindberg can replace Hayes in the lineup next season, I'm not sure I see it. I think Lindberg is the perfect 4th line center that can move up and down the lineup in the playoffs. He's a younger Swedish Dominic Moore. Which is awesome and I want to keep him. But he's not better than Hayes. Like PB said, I'd be surprised if OL ever comes close to touching Hayes last season stat line of 49 points in 76 games.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
kevin hayes goes to front of net, shoots, scores ...
aint seen that in a while here in NA

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Hayes has 2 goals.

Good on him, but why couldn't he play like this a ~week ago?

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
How has Skjei played? I honestly haven't been paying attention to this tournament at all. What's up with him being lower on the depth chart than Hanifin, Dekeyser, and Connor Murphy?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Maybe Hayes do better playing with Johnny Hockey than our 3rd lineers in NY?

I don't really agree with the trashing of him in the POs.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Maybe Hayes do better playing with Johnny Hockey than our 3rd lineers in NY?

I don't really agree with the trashing of him in the POs.

Yeah, it was great watching him skate around the perimeter and not try to do anything on most power plays. Maybe Hayes does better playing against the stiffs that play on most of the WC teams from Europe.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Hayes needs a little time/space that exists in the regular season or on the big ice surface. He's still young enough to adopt to the be more successful in the playoffs too. This year he was better against the Sens than Habs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad