World Championships - Who's Going? (Besides Hank)

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
curious to see who from the team may join national teams at the WC

Hank says he's going

I'd expect it may be likely Jensen joins Denmark, he played well for them in both 2016 WC and Olympic Qualifying

maybe Zucc?

so many Americans with prior USAH experience,

also there's our Swedish F's

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
- I really hope Zib was going, but his contract year so I doubt it happen (It would be good for his experience though.)
- Fast & Lindberg should play for Sweden. (But contract years RFA.)
- Grabner should play.
- Stepan & Kreider, skjei should play for USA get out some frustration.
- Ryan Mc. should rest.
- Zucc should rest. (GM Gorton said no for a while ago - so it doesn`t matter if he wants to play and he should rest instead.)
- Buch should play for Russia if he is good enough (not updated about their team.)
- Raanta should play.
- B. Smith should rest. (Eye minor injury & important contract year for us.)
- Hayes should play too.

Last edited:

Doctor King Schultz

Garian Maborik
May 3, 2012
NYC
I'd rather the players rest but have no problem with Hayes going because he needs to play as much as possible to get out of the funk he is in. Same with Miller and Kreider.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
noticed that
Slovak team includes Peter Ceresnak[2011,NYR,#172 overall] and David Skokan[2007,NYR, #193 overall]
Czech team includes Kundratek[2008,NYR, #90 overall]

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
This is the type of personality we need. Had we seen past Stralman's incompatible hockey skill set to what Sathers was looking for, we could have realized his personality potentials.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
This is the type of personality we need. Had we seen past Stralman's incompatible hockey skill set to what Sathers was looking for, we could have realized his personality potentials.

Stralman isn't half the player Girardi or Staal are. If he was so good he would not have gotten less money and the Rangers would have kept him.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
There's only one spot left on Team Russia. Kaprizov and Nichushkin are primary candidates. Everything else being equal the preference would go to candidates NOT in the NHL because of the Olympics.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Why would Team USA WANT Hayes? Did their coaches not see the play-offs? Oh well, don't care about this tournament, so let him screw up the US's chances, too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad