World Championships - Who's Going? (Besides Hank)

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010

maybe but are you certain?

Ceresnak played Canadian Junior the 2 years following being drafted,
but he was drated "from Europe"

i dont know the rules of the CBA in place at that time

but i wonder about similarities to Mikhail Pashnin
he was listed at NYR site "In The System" for many years after he joined the KHL although he never came over again after 1 or 2 July prospect camps early on

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
maybe but are you certain?

Ceresnak played Canadian Junior the 2 years following being drafted,
but he was drated "from Europe"

i dont know the rules of the CBA in place at that time

but i wonder about similarities to Mikhail Pashnin
he was listed at NYR site "In The System" for many years after he joined the KHL although he never came over again after 1 or 2 July prospect camps early on

http://rangersunlimited.com/2013/05/

not offered contracts at end of May 2013, were eligible to go back into the draft

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
http://rangersunlimited.com/2013/05/ not offered contracts at end of May 2013, were eligible to go back into the draft

thanks, that article also mentions same day NYR ELC'd Noreau

in retrospect, Ceresnak couldn't have been worse than Noreau ...
Noreau's AHL career was only 9 games in 4 seasons (226 in ECHL including this year), and finished '17 in LNAH,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ligue_Nord-Américaine_de_Hockey
"The Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey (North American Hockey League) (LNAH) is a low-level professional league based in the Canadian province of Quebec."

apparently he will go to school as well
http://www.infodimanche.com/actualites/sports/305863/samuel-noreau-debarque-avec-les-3l
"... 23-year-old said he was very pleased to be able to continue his career in a good caliber of play while being able to start focusing on his studies"

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Hayes on 3LW with Bjugstad and Gaudreau. Skjei on 3RD with McAvoy.

Not sure where Lindberg will be in today's game. Assume Hank is starting.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Back from Cologne. What a great day it was. It's always a blast to be in the middle of 10k drunk Russians. They were so loud the entire evening. Good day for the German team as they positioned themselves for the QF with a very deciding game vs Latvia.

Little fun fact for HFNYR: During the USA-Latvia game we were sitting in the lower bowl and next to us sat two men. I correctly identified them as scouts, as they had papers with the rosters and notes. During the intermission I walked up to them and asked them if they are scouts. "yes" "what team are you scouting for?" He taps my jersey (wearing Rangers blue of course) "for that team." I don't know, maybe he says that to everybody. But apparently I met two Rangers scouts. Pretty sure they were looking at the USA team. I thanked them for their hard worked and wished them good luck in finding us the next right guys.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Back from Cologne. What a great day it was. It's always a blast to be in the middle of 10k drunk Russians. They were so loud the entire evening. Good day for the German team as they positioned themselves for the QF with a very deciding game vs Latvia.

Little fun fact for HFNYR: During the USA-Latvia game we were sitting in the lower bowl and next to us sat two men. I correctly identified them as scouts, as they had papers with the rosters and notes. During the intermission I walked up to them and asked them if they are scouts. "yes" "what team are you scouting for?" He taps my jersey (wearing Rangers blue of course) "for that team." I don't know, maybe he says that to everybody. But apparently I met two Rangers scouts. Pretty sure they were looking at the USA team. I thanked them for their hard worked and wished them good luck in finding us the next right guys.

Slick! Would seem obvious that NHL teams have scouts at the WC.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Where did they seem to be from? I believe the Rangers European scouts are 1 Swede, 1 Finn, 1 Russian, and 2 Slovaks, along with a Russian who's the director of European Scouting.

Director of European Scouting:

Nikolai Bobrov-Russia

nik_bobrov.jpg

Scouts:

Mikko Eloranta-Finland

568817.jpg

Jan Gajdosik-Slovakia

gajdosik_jan.jpg

Oto Hascak-Slovakia

IMG_65CBFC-91C188-BF9C57-9138D7-0D03C9-010459.jpg

Anders Kallur-Sweden

hqdefault.jpg

Vladimir Lutchenko-Russia

lutchenko_88.jpg

Last edited:

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

Scouting Dvorak? :naughty:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Hayes with couple of assist and with the best player award - when is Henrik playing? :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad