Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread (Part XIV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
So hot right now.

I believe Garret mentioned earlier in the season that Petan is playing the toughest competition in the WHL. He doesn't have many goals, but he IS a passer.

I thought he looked ready in training camp. I thought he looked ready in the WJC. I will presumably think he looks ready in September. If he's sent down to the AHL, I will be a bit ticked, but it will most likely just be to see how he performs against real competition while playing against men.

I think he's gonna be great.

He may start the year there, to focus on defensive part of his game vs pros, but will be called up for sure.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/201...k-macleod-laleggia-pietila-gilmour/in/7830396

Copp makes the top 40, still don't know where. Interesting name here is Austin Czarnik at #50. He's attended the Jets Development Camp twice (correct me if I'm wrong) and will be done University this April.

I've never really had a chance to watch him but I recall people saying he has looked very good at our development camps. He's put up over a PPG in the NCAA but is 5'9" and just shy of 170 pounds. I'd really like to see him get a shot in St John's and see how he handles himself there.

Two years ago when he attended the Jets prospects camp I had him rated as the best performer that year. His skill is amazing, but he IS very small.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
We need to draft Meier!! He fits right in with the Jet's buddy system:
The Kladnos: Pav, Fro & Tlusty
The Wolverines: Trouba & Copp
Team LA: Comrie & De Leo
The Minnesota Mafia: Wheeler, Buff, Stafford, Stuart
Team Canada: Petan & Morrissey (& Comrie)
Team ABBA?

You guys are forgetting Team Barrie: Scheifele, Little, Burmi, Hutch, and Lemieux

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Bring in him and Alex Petan! Signing those guys - or at least trying them out makes more sense to me than adds like Brassard.

With those two, Petan, De Leo and Enström on the ice at the same time, we should really be allowed to make up for it by putting another player on the ice.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It's balanced out when Buff and Myers are out at the same time though :dunno:

Do you realize that when Myers and Enstrom are on the ice our D is an average 6'3" and nearly 200 lbs (Myers has really got to put on a few lbs!)? :) :laugh:

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Do you realize that when Myers and Enstrom are on the ice our D is an average 6'3" and nearly 200 lbs (Myers has really got to put on a few lbs!)? :) :laugh:

Oh yeah, for sure. Buff and Myers on at the same time though is like 13 feet of defender. That's pretty silly.

(and I'm pretty sure Myers/Enstrom balances out only to around six feet even if we're being honest)

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Oh yeah, for sure. Buff and Myers on at the same time though is like 13 feet of defender. That's pretty silly.

(and I'm pretty sure Myers/Enstrom balances out only to around six feet even if we're being honest)

Yup. Those 2 could just plant themselves in front of either side of the net and Hutch should be able to cover the middle so that nothing gets in. :laugh:

Enstrom is supposed to be 5'10". To avg. only 6' He would have to be only 5'4". :laugh: Even if he is actually 5'8" they avg. 6'2". :)

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road

I think Myers and Enstrom should work on a play when if a players gets behind them on a rush that Tyler picks up Toby and throws him down the ice to break up the play. That would be effective in my opinion.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I think Myers and Enstrom should work on a play when if a players gets behind them on a rush that Tyler picks up Toby and throws him down the ice to break up the play. That would be effective in my opinion.

:laugh::laugh: Overhand? Or bowling? :)

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Looking ahead 2 years we have 2 candidates for the 3C, 4C jobs, Copp and Lowry. Who gets 3 and who gets 4? Or does one play a 3LW? I'm looking for a better feel for how good Copp is. I have a pretty good idea about Lowry. It sounds like Copp might have a low ceiling but a high floor. That is low bust potential, ready or near ready now but very little top 6 chance.

JetKarma, you are the Copp proponent. How would you rate him compared to Lowry?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia