Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread (Part XIV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Cant find any recent mentions...is Ehlers point streak still going? How many games is he at?

Troub North

Dec 20, 2013
Toronto
We need to draft Meier!! He fits right in with the Jet's buddy system:
The Kladnos: Pav, Fro & Tlusty
The Wolverines: Trouba & Copp
Team LA: Comrie & De Leo
The Minnesota Mafia: Wheeler, Buff, Stafford, Stuart
Team Canada: Petan & Morrissey (& Comrie)
Team ABBA?

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
We need to draft Meier!! He fits right in with the Jet's buddy system:
The Kladnos: Pav, Fro & Tlusty
The Wolverines: Trouba & Copp
Team LA: Comrie & De Leo
The Minnesota Mafia: Wheeler, Buff, Stafford, Stuart
Team Canada: Petan & Morrissey (& Comrie)
Team ABBA?

Cool. Didn't realize Comrie was from LA. I think we have 1-2 more from Michigan in addition to the Wolverines above, don't we.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/201...k-macleod-laleggia-pietila-gilmour/in/7830396

Copp makes the top 40, still don't know where. Interesting name here is Austin Czarnik at #50. He's attended the Jets Development Camp twice (correct me if I'm wrong) and will be done University this April.

Czarnik's lack of size continues to be the biggest knock on his pro potential, and likely the reason he's still in college as a senior. But he has so many other assets that make him an effective player, like his quick feet, great anticipation, strong stick, and great passing ability. He's struggled to put the puck in the net this year, but has been a great distributor of the puck and manages to work his way onto the scoresheet almost every night.

I've never really had a chance to watch him but I recall people saying he has looked very good at our development camps. He's put up over a PPG in the NCAA but is 5'9" and just shy of 170 pounds. I'd really like to see him get a shot in St John's and see how he handles himself there.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Ehlers assist on Timo goal

Are they still playing Ehlers at C? It seems to coincide with him being unable (or unwilling?) to score goals. Nothing but assists these days. Is he trying to boost Timo's draft ranking? Someone tell him to quit. We want Timo to fall to us.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Are they still playing Ehlers at C? It seems to coincide with him being unable (or unwilling?) to score goals. Nothing but assists these days. Is he trying to boost Timo's draft ranking? Someone tell him to quit. We want Timo to fall to us.

He has 28 SOG in his last 6 games, so I think he's just a bit unlucky right now.

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
Today hes just unable, had a breakaway on the pk and a 2 on 1, but yes hes C. Also Timo is very effective at the moment

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He has 28 SOG in his last 6 games, so I think he's just a bit unlucky right now.

So .... he's lost his scoring touch then. I guess we could use a guy who scores 75 assists and only 10 goals. He will be a perfect fit with Lemieux! :)

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
So .... he's lost his scoring touch then. I guess we could use a guy who scores 75 assists and only 10 goals. He will be a perfect fit with Lemieux! :)
Most his shots last few games are not really in dangerous positions, hes trying to make something happen on the pp for instance, not much happening so hes putting it on goal

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Petan looks like he's heating up!

So hot right now.

I believe Garret mentioned earlier in the season that Petan is playing the toughest competition in the WHL. He doesn't have many goals, but he IS a passer.

I thought he looked ready in training camp. I thought he looked ready in the WJC. I will presumably think he looks ready in September. If he's sent down to the AHL, I will be a bit ticked, but it will most likely just be to see how he performs against real competition while playing against men.

I think he's gonna be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad