Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread (Part XIV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
I trusted someone else that said he was at 31! :rant:

Anyways, enough talk about that bust Ehlers, let's move on to more promising prospects.

I can't believe we gave up Sutter... :shakehead :naughty:

Yuen? Kasdorf? Machacek?

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Adam L.

Looking ahead 2 years we have 2 candidates for the 3C, 4C jobs, Copp and Lowry. Who gets 3 and who gets 4? Or does one play a 3LW? I'm looking for a better feel for how good Copp is. I have a pretty good idea about Lowry. It sounds like Copp might have a low ceiling but a high floor. That is low bust potential, ready or near ready now but very little top 6 chance.

JetKarma, you are the Copp proponent. How would you rate him compared to Lowry?

We may all be underestimating Adam. Bright & talented kid both scholastic and most valued player of year awards in W. Big improvements every year. 3 years out could surprise and be 1c or 2c. May not be likely but is possible.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Kosmachuk seems to be heating up. That's encouraging.

I'm really interesting to see how Armia looks through the end of the season.

I suppose the Jets have some interesting decisions with regard to balancing the introduction of prospects (Ehlers, Petan, Armia) versus signing / re-signing FAs (Frolik, Burmistrov, Stafford, Tlusty, Winnik?). My guess is that the Jets will try to sign a couple of FAs, and then bring in one or two prospects (Ehlers, Armia, Petan, Copp?). Might be interesting to see Petan with Kosmachuk or Armia in the AHL next season.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I doubt that they'll keep too many rookies up at the start of the season. I believe that Morrissey and Ehlers will start the season on the Jets while Petan, De Leo, Copp, and Armia will be in the AHL.

Lemieux has yet to sign an ELC, right?

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
I doubt that they'll keep too many rookies up at the start of the season. I believe that Morrissey and Ehlers will start the season on the Jets while Petan, De Leo, Copp, and Armia will be in the AHL.

Lemieux has yet to sign an ELC, right?

correct

hopefully they sign him along with Kostalek and Lodge come springtime

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
I believe when Chevy was on H&L a couple of months ago he said that March was the next period that they like to get some of the prospect signings done. Here's hoping it's a busy month.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Highlights to the end of January. February highlights will go up separately.

Thank you for this. I know it is a ton of work.

Interesting video and very different than pretty much every high scoring player's highlight package.

Next to nothing off the rush.
Very few zone entries.

He obviously has some nice hands as evidenced by all the tip ins and tight spaces work, but he didn't create much on most of the goals.

I'd be curious to see what he looks like next to players who don't create as much.

I'd also be curious to see him along side Nic Petan.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
6D26ztN.png

ouch. We have come a long way since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad