Winnipeg Jets Prospect Thread (Part XIV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
CBJhs2zWgAEo3ll.jpg

NikoEhlers

May 2, 2013
Aalborg, Denmark
Big Ehlers pp goal with 4 minutes left to take the lead

Corrected to a Moynihan redirect goal instead, but Ehlers in on all 3 goals

Last edited:

jetkarma*

ND scores a sh goal , Poolman on the ice for all three goals. he scored the PP goal and was on for a regular strength goal as well.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Very impressed with Poolman in this game. Would we rather have him playing D though? at least we have another hybrid on our hands

jetkarma*

Very impressed with Poolman in this game. Would we rather have him playing D though? at least we have another hybrid on our hands

Deep team , first year player wasn't going get a regular spot on D , but like to see he is there on the PP and PK .

I think he is expected to be a regular on D next season . As a delayed U player I expect we would like to turn him pro after 2 or 3 seasons. The fact he is versatile should help his hockey IQ and sense of the game.

Big bodied , strong on his skates and skates well if a bit straight lininsh .

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Deep team , first year player wasn't going get a regular spot on D , but like to see he is there on the PP and PK .

I think he is expected to be a regular on D next season . As a delayed U player I expect we would like to turn him pro after 2 or 3 seasons. The fact he is versatile should help his hockey IQ and sense of the game.

Big bodied , strong on his skates and skates well if a bit straight lininsh .

Due to him playing a year in the USHL after being drafted he can invoke the Wheeler/Schultz/ Hayes rule and go UFA after his third year in college ........ We should sign him after 2 years..... But I heard his dad is part of the UND hockey program....... Which might keep him there longer........( catch 22)

jetkarma*

Due to him playing a year in the USHL after being drafted he can invoke the Wheeler/Schultz/ Hayes rule and go UFA after his third year in college ........ We should sign him after 2 years..... But I heard his dad is part of the UND hockey program....... Which might keep him there longer........( catch 22)

His dad is with the team , he also played two years in the USHL , so does that reflect on his UFA status after two years? I didn't think so .

He's an "old" prospect , he'll turn 22 this summer , so I would think if the Jets feel he has any future they would like to have him in the AHL after a max of two years at UND.

Being from GF maybe the benefit of the AHL team in Winnipeg comes into play. It won't hurt.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
You'd think a guy like Poolman would have some loyalty to the team that picked him when it comes time to sign. How many times did every other team pass on him?

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
Put me in the camp that was extremely impressed with Poolman last night. That was the first time I had watched him play, and with him not being able to hold down a regular spot on D, I wasn't expecting what I saw.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I've always thought that Poolman and Kraskovsky would be our two dark horses that eventually make the show.
Poolman may end up being the next Adam Pardy, but for a 5th round pick I'll take that every time.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
I've always thought that Poolman and Kraskovsky would be our two dark horses that eventually make the show.
Poolman may end up being the next Adam Pardy, but for a 5th round pick I'll take that every time.
Poolman skates mich better than Pardy

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Wow #17 for Minnesota State just got leveled. Haven't seen a hit like that in a long time.

First shift I see of Franklin is mixed. Fought to get wide open and got a really good shot off, then had a 2 on 2 where he fell down but somehow they still got a really good chance, then had a horrible giveaway in the defensive zone to give an opposing player a 1 on 0 with the goalie and the goalie bailed him out. Skating looks choppy, but looks really feisty and has a nice release.

Again, that's just first impressions. It was a really noticeable shift for him, for good and bad reasons.

Left handed shot playing right wing.

Huge PP shift for Franklin. He was all over the place, stripping pucks off players before they could clear, finding open ice, had a nice spin pass to a player in the slot who missed the net. Seems to have that Evander Kane mentality on the PP though where he'll put the puck to the front of the net whether the play is there or not. Worked for him on that shift though as they held possession for 1:30 before RIT could clear.

Next shift there's a delayed penalty and Franklin holds on to the puck behind the net and finds a D pinching and he misses the net, nice vision there. Franklin could have 4 or 5 points in the 5 shifts I've seen. He's making things happen for sure.

Very impressed after the first. Play by play guy mentioned how much of an all-around player he is. Didn't have much of a chance to see him in the defensive zone because they seemed to have possession every time he was on the ice. Also 3 powerplays.

Last edited:

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
Wow #17 for Minnesota State just got leveled. Haven't seen a hit like that in a long time.

First shift I see of Franklin is mixed. Fought to get wide open and got a really good shot off, then had a 2 on 2 where he fell down but somehow they still got a really good chance, then had a horrible giveaway in the defensive zone to give an opposing player a 1 on 0 with the goalie and the goalie bailed him out. Skating looks choppy, but looks really feisty and has a nice release.

Again, that's just first impressions. It was a really noticeable shift for him, for good and bad reasons.

Left handed shot playing right wing.

Huge PP shift for Franklin. He was all over the place, stripping pucks off players before they could clear, finding open ice, had a nice spin pass to a player in the slot who missed the net. Seems to have that Evander Kane mentality on the PP though where he'll put the puck to the front of the net whether the play is there or not. Worked for him on that shift though as they held possession for 1:30 before RIT could clear.

Next shift there's a delayed penalty and Franklin holds on to the puck behind the net and finds a D pinching and he misses the net, nice vision there. Franklin could have 4 or 5 points in the 5 shifts I've seen. He's making things happen for sure.

Very impressed after the first. Play by play guy mentioned how much of an all-around player he is. Didn't have much of a chance to see him in the defensive zone because they seemed to have possession every time he was on the ice. Also 3 powerplays.

I remember his choppy skating from training camp but it sure doesn't seem to hurt his quickness. Kid's a real puck hound.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I remember his choppy skating from training camp but it sure doesn't seem to hurt his quickness. Kid's a real puck hound.

He's definitely quick. Haven't had much of a chance to see his straight line speed but it's pretty crazy to watch him in the offensive zone because he's just everywhere. Defending players have no time to react.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
Minnesota State scores, Franklin with the screen and looked like he might have tipped it.

Can't say enough good things about Franklin right now. Last shift an opposing played has the puck in the neutral zone, Franklin ties him up and lets Palmqvist, a defenseman, grab it and skate it in and Franklin covers his point immediately, then throws a hit while the other team is clearing. Later on the same shift there's a 4 or 5 man scrum against the boards in the offensive zone and Franklin battles and gets it out cleanly, hands it to Blueger who gets another really good chance. Making things happen every time he's on the ice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad