Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Creighton Snyder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I will say this though, Kakko did a nice little dig on the boards on the Cuylle goal.

If he can get back to being underwhelming but mostly effective, that would be nice at this point.

Not what you want from a 2nd overall pick but Kakko is clearly a good third liner and wont cost much with an extension. I think thats what we are getting with KK at this point

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Low-key Panarin has a lot of goals for him.

He's greatly improved his consistency in getting into prime shooting areas.

I don't buy that he was ever a lazy player but he got into a rut of doing the same old shit. He looks like he really refocused on his game.
Still early but it looks like the stand “I don’t care what Panarin does during regular season, it’s all about playoffs” is turning into a weak cop out by some to continue using. The whole disappointment with Panarin’s performance last season was EXACTLY due to his chosen (?) approach that worked during the regular season when there’s more time and space and lesser level of opposition by definition but was very ineffective in playoffs.

My concern during offseason was that Panarin would be both unable and selfishly unwilling to change. What I’m seeing so far at least is that I was wrong on both accounts. Who could’ve guessed that it was as simple as just cutting your locks and going with the buzzcut.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I will say this though, Kakko did a nice little dig on the boards on the Cuylle goal.

If he can get back to being underwhelming but mostly effective, that would be nice at this point.

Not what you want from a 2nd overall pick but Kakko is clearly a good third liner and wont cost much with an extension. I think thats what we are getting with KK at this point
It really sucks that our expectations have been basically lowered to him actually completing a shift without falling down. I've seen enough of this kid at this point to know it's never happening. He's into his 5th year & his play has regressed to what he was his 1st & 2nd years. His biggest career moment to this point was missing that empty net in Game 2 in Carolina.

• Haha
Reactions: yrrebbor

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
It really sucks that our expectations have been basically lowered to him actually completing a shift without falling down. I've seen enough of this kid at this point to know it's never happening. He's into his 5th year & his play has regressed to what he was his 1st & 2nd years. His biggest career moment to this point was missing that empty net in Game 2 in Carolina.
Kakko will be better just by playing with players who know how to work the boards. Hopefully this gets his confidence and courage back. He was already more noticeable last night.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

In hindisght, the "NHL Readiness" of Kakko seems like it was just him being a mostly finished product at that age. The offensive skills havent improved in any notable way. He's a clear third behind Chytil and Laf as far as the Kids go, and I would not be shocked if this is his last season in NY. Both sides might be open to a change of scenery in the offseason.

Reactions: yrrebbor

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Brendan Burke annoyed me with his Bar Clay Goodrow and hard "V" for Vesey, making it sound like Feces.

Stacey Redmond annoyed me for not being Emily.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Near perfect 2 periods. The penalties need to stop

When the defenseman step up and the forwards reliably cover, we've looked great.

When we're passive and concede the entire neutral zone, we look like Gallant's Rangers.

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Brendan Burke annoyed me with his Bar Clay Goodrow and hard "V" for Vesey, making it sound like Feces.

Stacey Redmond annoyed me for not being Emily.
I love that you're so loyal to Emily. So much so you're making up names for Jackie Redmond!

You'd make an excellent wing man...clearly willing to take one for the team.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
In hindisght, the "NHL Readiness" of Kakko seems like it was just him being a mostly finished product at that age. The offensive skills havent improved in any notable way. He's a clear third behind Chytil and Laf as far as the Kids go, and I would not be shocked if this is his last season in NY. Both sides might be open to a change of scenery in the offseason.
Many players found success after changing their approach to their careers. If this year goes sideways metrically, Kakko should start thinking about shifting his focus to being a defensive 2-way forward with Selke aspirations.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Many players found success after changing their approach to their careers. If this year goes sideways metrically, Kakko should start thinking about shifting his focus to being a defensive 2-way forward with Selke aspirations.

I think hes in that situation now. The production isnt coming and I think at some point Lavi and the staff will need to tell him that he helps the team most, and extend his career quite frankly, on a 3rd line with Cuylle and Trocheck (when Chytil is healthy)

Reactions: will1066

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
I love that you're so loyal to Emily. So much so you're making up names for Jackie Redmond!

You'd make an excellent wing man...clearly willing to take one for the team.
I had a feeling she wasn't a Stacey. Was too lazy to look it up. Lol

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Burke was in physical pain calling the Ranger goals. On the flipside I love Darren Pang.
Pang was getting a lot of hate in the GDT & I'm still unclear why He's such a likable guy who just has so much enthusiasm for the sport. Not in a creepy way like Pierre who was tough to differentiate if he actually wanted to slob on Crosby in reality or just in his fantasies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Pang was getting a lot of hate in the GDT & I'm still unclear why He's such a likable guy who just has so much enthusiasm for the sport. Not in a creepy way like Pierre who was tough to differentiate if he actually wanted to slob on Crosby in reality or just in his fantasies.
Holy Jumpin!

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I think Jones will struggle with the big physical teams, especially if the team is playing passive.

From memory, we have always struggled against Minnesota... I will never forget Gerard Gallant putting Ryan Reaves on the '1st line'

Boris Zubov

May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I think Jones will struggle with the big physical teams, especially if the team is playing passive.

From memory, we have always struggled against Minnesota... I will never forget Gerard Gallant putting Ryan Reaves on the '1st line'
We actually dominated that game. Probably one of our best performances of the entire regular season.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
This was the Jones that was envisioned. I said very early on that he could resemble a poor man's left-handed Fox. He played with confidence.

He has been a good player at every level. Only 41 NHL games played over his 4 year pro career. We cant write him off when he's got that kind of offensive talent. Fox injury may be a positive by the end of the season.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I can never tell if you're being serious :laugh:

btw would Gus take 2x2M? Doubt it but I can't see any team giving him a big contract.

maybe a 1 year extension?
the fight that is coming is that players like gus will see the cap bump coming and think/hope that means they can make some more money but in reality the cap bump is going to be taken up by the league's top players... again. it will be interesting this summer how many guys try to scoop jobs and security early and how many middling guys try to angle for more money but get squeezed out of jobs bc of it.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
In this case I was....I'm talking about that Saturday night game in Minny where we scored 8 goals & Reaves fought Foligno.
No, I was talking about the one where we couldn't do anything offensively and Gallant resorted to taking Laffy off of the 'top line' and put Reaves there after a period of play.

or am I remembering wrong. We definitely lost though,.... I'm getting old

Reactions: CLW and TheDirtyH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad