Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
No, I was talking about the one where we couldn't do anything offensively and Gallant resorted to taking Laffy off of the 'top line' and put Reaves there after a period of play.

or am I remembering wrong. We definitely lost though,.... I'm getting old
We were talking about 2 different games...the game at MSG we were a total no show.

Reactions: duhmetreE

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
No, I was talking about the one where we couldn't do anything offensively and Gallant resorted to taking Laffy off of the 'top line' and put Reaves there after a period of play.

or am I remembering wrong. We definitely lost though,.... I'm getting old

I called Jackie Redmond "Stacey." Who's old now?

He has been a good player at every level. Only 41 NHL games played over his 4 year pro career. We cant write him off when he's got that kind of offensive talent. Fox injury may be a positive by the end of the season.

He's never going to be great defensively at this level. But if he can find consistency to the way he played last night, not as an occasional one-off, then he could become a good bottom-pair player.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Didn't you say a few days ago that Cuylle was just average and what was the big deal about getting excited about a young player like him?
There's nothing wrong with being excited about him as a prospect.

I said that 1) he hasn't been much better than some of guys people wanted to bench for him (which isn't a good or bad thing, it just is) and 2) some of the things he does well are normal and more guys on this team should do them.

Reactions: TheDirtyH

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
I can never tell if you're being serious :laugh:

btw would Gus take 2x2M? Doubt it but I can't see any team giving him a big contract.

maybe a 1 year extension?

I'd be all over an extension for Gus. He might be amenable to it because of the relationship with Lavi and looking for some stability for a guy who has bounced around his whole career. Believe hes close with Mika as they were teammates for 3 years in Sweden

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Still early but it looks like the stand “I don’t care what Panarin does during regular season, it’s all about playoffs” is turning into a weak cop out by some to continue using. The whole disappointment with Panarin’s performance last season was EXACTLY due to his chosen (?) approach that worked during the regular season when there’s more time and space and lesser level of opposition by definition but was very ineffective in playoffs.

My concern during offseason was that Panarin would be both unable and selfishly unwilling to change. What I’m seeing so far at least is that I was wrong on both accounts. Who could’ve guessed that it was as simple as just cutting your locks and going with the buzzcut.
Now we just need Mika to cut his f***ing disgusting long hair and maybe he will remember to score at even strength too

How did the 1st line look?
If by 1st line you mean panarin, laf, and tro they were amazing

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
They were fine. I wonder if we would all judge them a little less harshly if we started looking at them as a 5v5 shutdown line, instead of expecting dominant offensive shifts. It would be nice if they were scoring more, but at least they're almost always on the right side of the chances allowed.
I don't want a 15 million dollar shutdown line though.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I don't want a 15 million dollar shutdown line though.
I’ll be honest with you it’s a huge worry going forward and then into the playoffs.

I know this board has a hard on for kreids and he’s been great on the PP and PK but him and Mika have been atrocious to start the year at even strength.

Only 4 of kreiders 12 points have come at even strength and only 2 of zibs 10 points have come at even strength.

The fact that both are scoring on the PP is great but if they don’t get their game going we are going to be cooked in the playoffs

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I’ll be honest with you it’s a huge worry going forward and then into the playoffs.

I know this board has a hard on for kreids and he’s been great on the PP and PK but him and Mika have been atrocious to start the year at even strength.

Only 4 of kreiders 12 points have come at even strength and only 2 of zibs 10 points have come at even strength.

The fact that both are scoring on the PP is great but if they don’t get their game going we are going to be cooked in the playoffs
Kreider has been a PP merchant for a while. But he's pretty damn good at it, one of the best in the league. I take back some of my earlier criticism for him. If he pots 40+ goals and 60 points, I don't care if they all come from PP. That's still pretty damn good value for 6,5m. He's actually pacing for 60+ goals and PPG. If he can break even 5v5, it's all good.

Mika however, that's a different issue. We absolutely need him to drive play 5v5.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Kreider has been a PP merchant for a while. But he's pretty damn good at it, one of the best in the league. I take back some of my earlier criticism for him. If he pots 40+ goals and 60 points, I don't care if they all come from PP. That's still pretty damn good value for 6,5m. He's actually pacing for 60+ goals and PPG. If he can break even 5v5, it's all good.

Mika however, that's a different issue. We absolutely need him to drive play 5v5.
My worry for kreider is that the PP at some point will cool down. And hopefully at some point Mika will remember how to put the puck in the net. It’s going to be hard for kreider to do nothing 5 on 5 and score 40 goals

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider has been a remarkable player at even strength his entire career and has scored 20+ ES goals four times.

The idea that he whores off the PP while doing nothing 5v5 couldn't be further from the truth. Yes, he's also good at the PP. And the PK. That's why HE'S ONE OF THE BEST WINGERS IN THE NHL!!!

The only thing wrong with him 5v5 is that he doesn't get assists. He never racked up assists. That's the one reason he's not widely considered an elite player. Good, he's cheaper that way.

His production at 5v5 is going to heat up.

And in the meantime, he's playing Selke-level defense because what else is new?

download (37).png

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
We had awkward 'cant find the puck under his skates because he played too upright' early career Kreider, who scored here and there due to speed and shot.

We had ice-stretching mid career Kreider who was a danger off the rush every game and was incredible at screening the goalie (For which he rarely got points credited when he was the one who caused the goal)

Now we have slower veteran Kreider who is great at guarding the puck and the best in the world at deflections.

Quite a multifaceted career. He keeps reinventing his game. I wonder if he'll still be in the league at 36-37 like Johan Franzen was, I think it's a possibility.

It'd be extremely cool if he could hit 400 goals in his career and break the team record. Long shot, but that would guarantee a number retirement.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
We had awkward 'cant find the puck under his skates because he played too upright' early career Kreider, who scored here and there due to speed and shot.

We had ice-stretching mid career Kreider who was a danger off the rush every game and was incredible at screening the goalie (For which he rarely got points credited when he was the one who caused the goal)

Now we have slower veteran Kreider who is great at guarding the puck and the best in the world at deflections.

Quite a multifaceted career. He keeps reinventing his game. I wonder if he'll still be in the league at 36-37 like Johan Franzen was, I think it's a possibility.

It'd be extremely cool if he could hit 400 goals in his career and break the team record. Long shot, but that would guarantee a number retirement.

I remember when Rangers fans kept saying what a stupid player he was. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad