Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Creighton Snyder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Just finished watching the game. Despite the third and all the penalties great game.
Two guys that really played well Gustafsson and Cuylle.

How can you not be excited about Cuylle? Size (not afraid to use it), speed, Enough skill to play in the top 9 easy. He is not like Lafreniere and Kakko. He actually was developed properly. You can see his confidence with the puck and playing on his toes.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
But I've seen Lavi do that before with the 4th line where he'd have them on the ice in the last 2 minutes of a 1 goal game. Also, yeah 5-3 is not THAT close and they shut it down late in the game but that put the game in question when it shouldn't have been.
I hear you. I just think in this case, getting the young guys out there was worth it.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Just finished watching the game. Despite the third and all the penalties great game.

How can you not be excited about Cuylle? Size (not afraid to use it), speed, Enough skill to play in the top 9 easy. He is not like Lafreniere and Kakko. He actually was developed properly. You can see his confidence with the puck and playing on his toes.

The funny thing is his profile fits what Lias was supposed to be.

Reactions: CasusBelli and Lua

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
Good win.
It obviously went a bit pear shaped in the 3rd but if you play 40 mins of very good hockey like we did, you'll win a lot more than you lose. We were also pretty unlucky not to put a few more on the board. Nice to see we can score without our #1D and #2C.
Wheeler and KK were probably the only guys I really thought didn't contribute much across the night.
Panarin has had an incredible start to his season

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

Cuylle has some Dubinsky in him

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
playing hockey against post-jimmy howard wings is plausible again
russian-vodka.gif

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Don’t even care about the third period aside from the fact that it sucked Quick lost the shutout. He was good again and not really much he could’ve done on those goals, maybe you want him to stop the third but the guys kind of let him down. He was pretty damn good again.

First 40 minutes were a total beatdown though. It was 5-0 so obviously score effects were gonna kick in and it didn’t help the refs made a bad call and then we made it a 5v3 with the delay of game. That gave the wings momentum, if they don’t get a PP we prob win 5-0. Oh well.

No Fox, no Chytil and no Igor. Solid win.

Said it in the GDT but Cuylle for Anderson was a major coup. Turning that terrible pick into a guy who will be a solid middle six winger on this team is awesome. I love Cuylle’s game.

Lafreniere looked excellent again. The improved skating, going to the right places, taking good routes all over the ice. He’s a different player this season. Panarin’s goal was all Laf.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider is excellent. Imagine having not watched his whole career. Gotta be tough.

Impressive by Cuylle to get a goal considering the weird ass line he was on.

If you showed me that goal in 240p and told me it was Kreider, I would believe you. Can't imagine a better mentor for Cuylle on how to use size and speed to succeed in the NHL.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I think the big thing right now is getting points when two of our most important players are out.

In a vacuum, getting 3 points is great. Obviously contextually the Wild game was brutal, but on the road getting a point is tough to complain about in a vacuum down tow important players.

We just have to continue to find ways to get points and stay healthy.

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019
Kreider is excellent. Imagine having not watched his whole career. Gotta be tough.

If you showed me that goal in 240p and told me it was Kreider, I would believe you. Can't imagine a better mentor for Cuylle on how to use size and speed to succeed in the NHL.
Cuylle's goal was a deflection right? I really want him to learn how to be a great net front presence from Kreider. Imagine if we seamlessly transition from one elite net front presence to another and in the meantime we get a useful player on PP2.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley

Didn't you say a few days ago that Cuylle was just average and what was the big deal about getting excited about a young player like him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad