Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Creighton Snyder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Absolutely outstanding game by the Captain and KAM.....not much is being said about being 6-6 killing off PP's....mainly due to those two....especially during the almost one minute 5-3 disadvantage.

Trouba has been a great leader and is having his best year in a Ranger uniform so far.

Shocking that Trouba looks good in a system that isnt headless chickens in the D zone. He's also much more of a deterrent and enforcer than Constable Reaves ever was here.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
We had awkward 'cant find the puck under his skates because he played too upright' early career Kreider, who scored here and there due to speed and shot.

We had ice-stretching mid career Kreider who was a danger off the rush every game and was incredible at screening the goalie (For which he rarely got points credited when he was the one who caused the goal)

Now we have slower veteran Kreider who is great at guarding the puck and the best in the world at deflections.

Quite a multifaceted career. He keeps reinventing his game. I wonder if he'll still be in the league at 36-37 like Johan Franzen was, I think it's a possibility.

It'd be extremely cool if he could hit 400 goals in his career and break the team record. Long shot, but that would guarantee a number retirement.
I think he's got a good shot at it. I'm pretty confident we have some more years of around 40 goals for him.

It depends on health, but he's been averaging 35 per 82 for quite some time.

If he gets another 100 in the next three seasons, which seems slightly conservative to me, that would take him to 374 at 35 years old.

He would need another 33 to break Gilbert's mark of 406. I know "only 35" doesn't seem like an "only" but it's plenty of time to score 33 total goals.

Reactions: yrrebbor

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider and Gilbert have actually had remarkably similar goal-scoring careers.

Gilbert didn't break 30 goals until age 29 and then he averaged somewhere between 35 and 40 the whole second half of his career.

Gilbert absolutely just hit a wall at age 36. You never know when it's gonna happen. If Kreider can play until 37-38, he's gonna break the record.

Kreider's career should not be sneezed at. That record is almost 100 years old. Rod Gilbert is a slam dunk Hall of Famer. It's a crazy conversation to be having.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
Think its more likely he retires or adjusts his game becomes a 4th liner. Its not like hes an issue against the cap
Yeah, but if he could bring us a third that we could flip for another asset, so much the better .

yrrebbor

Jan 21, 2014
New York, NY
The good: two points despite injuries. PP is great.

The bad: Looked like fools in the 3rd. Our depth is not great. Laf and KK still suck.

Lua

Nov 10, 2010
Troy
It'd be extremely cool if he could hit 400 goals in his career and break the team record. Long shot, but that would guarantee a number retirement.
Kreider should have his number retired here if for no other reason than just for being a forward we drafted that isn't entirely forgettable

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Zac Jones was +3 at the end of the 2nd period. By the end of the game he was 0 even...

Had to bring that up...

This goes to show the path to success is to play good hockey. 3rd period passive Gallant hockey is death.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY

Gilbert didn't break 30 goals until age 29 and then he averaged somewhere between 35 and 40 the whole second half of his career.

Gilbert absolutely just hit a wall at age 36. You never know when it's gonna happen. If Kreider can play until 37-38, he's gonna break the record.

Kreider's career should not be sneezed at. That record is almost 100 years old. Rod Gilbert is a slam dunk Hall of Famer. It's a crazy conversation to be having.
It’s really unbelievable the career he’s had. I remember his debut in the playoffs like it was yesterday, and now he should almost certainly have his number retired.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

I mean I still feel a little wary, like Kreider's scoring is going to come crashing down, but I think it is worth noting that the only reason it took him until recent years to break 30 goals were short seasons and injuries. And it looks like for the next few years at least as long as he's got talent feeding him pucks at the net on the PP he's going to score a lot there

It’s really unbelievable the career he’s had. I remember his debut in the playoffs like it was yesterday, and now he should almost certainly have his number retired.
I wish he'd managed to take the team scoring record from Jagr...while I loved Jagr for those years, Kreider owning that record would be more fitting

Jim Ramsay

Jul 1, 2003
Warwick, NY
Always liked the Trocheck signing, he does do some bonehead stuff sometimes, but he's a great insurance policy to have at center when Chytle misses time(which is too often).

Also has a bit of chippyness to his game that I think it sorely lacking in the top 9

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
He's not that bad either.

He doesn't have the offensive bite I wanted out of him but he can take a shift probably better than 90% of 4th liners.

Said it last week but if Tampa can have an effective 4th line with Perry-Bellemare-Maroon, we can have one that includes Wheeler. He's not a guy Im tryong to get rid of, especially if the other veteran option is a reunion with Kane

Reactions: Machinehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad