GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Money.png

2bto9v.jpg

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
Kakko and Lafreniere can never play well at the same time.

Last year Kakko was better, while Laf looked lost. This year it’s the total opposite where Lad looks great and Kakko looks lost. I found putting Wheeler on the Zibanejad and Kreider line made no difference.

This team still takes its foot off the gas way too much instead of stepping on a teams throat.

Still a nice win while missing some key guys. I can’t complain too much.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Detroit's D and goaltending is pretty bad but they can definitely score with the best of them so far this year, so getting out ahead of them and holding on isn't the worst outcome.

Rangers better not expect that much time and space to steal pucks and make plays on the regular though, I think they got a little loose at times hoping to jump on another Detroit misplay and got burned

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed watching that game. Detroit trying to make a game out of it in the third made it even more enjoyable for me. And I was expecting the wings to make a push. They're a decent team and were being embarrassed. Rangers could have had 3 or 4 more goals had they finished some plays in the third and Husso also absolutely robbed Kreider on that 2 on 1.

For the rangers to get a win like that without their #1 goalie and d-man, and their #2 center is pretty damn impressive.

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
Very good win, but we have been exposed by speed the last two games at certain times.

Somewhere between now, and playoffs the Rangers need to upgrade their speed.

You’re not beating the devils with Pitlick Wheeler Bonino Vesey all in the lineup.

That is Chris Drury‘s task.

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Carry over from last year when the team would be up big going into the 3rd, Gallant would tell his players to rein it in and not embarrass the opposing team.
Players with killer instinct win in this league not gentlemen.

refs were clearly trying to even up the national tv game in the 3rd. we still absolutely dominated at 5 on 5.
…and in the 1st and 2nd too.

Reactions: yrrebbor

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Carry over from last year when the team would be up big going into the 3rd, Gallant would tell his players to rein it in and not embarrass the opposing team.
Players with killer instinct win in this league not gentlemen.
I don't think it's about being nice.

It's a long season and injuries are a huge factor. If you get 20 minutes off in this league, you take advantage of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad