• Creighton Snyder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Said it last week but if Tampa can have an effective 4th line with Perry-Bellemare-Maroon, we can have one that includes Wheeler. He's not a guy Im tryong to get rid of, especially if the other veteran option is a reunion with Kane

He's making Maroon look like McDavid tho.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Just one game but the moves that Laviolette made trying to address his (our) concerns have not given the expected results:

1. Wheeler didn't look any better than underperforming Kakko looked there
2. After an energetic start Kakko rather quickly turned to be invisible again, now on a different line

I will give Kakko a bit of an extra break because Bonino clearly seems to bring down any line he's on (acknowledging his value as a shot blocker and FO winner). Wheeler doesn't spoil but clearly seems unable to generate anything of extra value. Kakko aside, I'm going to wait until Vesey will get his chance there - he's far from being a legitimate top line (or top-6) forward but the measuring stick is so low that I'd expect him to be noticeably better contributer right away.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Just one game but the moves that Laviolette made trying to address his (our) concerns have not given the expected results:

1. Wheeler didn't look any better than underperforming Kakko looked there
2. After an energetic start Kakko rather quickly turned to be invisible again, now on a different line

I will give Kakko a bit of an extra break because Bonino clearly seems to bring down any line he's on (acknowledging his value as a shot blocker and FO winner). Wheeler doesn't spoil but clearly seems unable to generate anything of extra value. Kakko aside, I'm going to wait until Vesey will get his chance there - he's far from being a legitimate top line (or top-6) forward but the measuring stick is so low that I'd expect him to be noticeably better contributer right away.

I love Jimmy and his all around game is excellent, but he might need glasses because he misses the net with every shot he takes.

JCProdigy

Apr 4, 2002
I want what I want
Low-key Panarin has a lot of goals for him.

He's greatly improved his consistency in getting into prime shooting areas.

I don't buy that he was ever a lazy player but he got into a rut of doing the same old shit. He looks like he really refocused on his game.

Still early but it looks like the stand “I don’t care what Panarin does during regular season, it’s all about playoffs” is turning into a weak cop out by some to continue using. The whole disappointment with Panarin’s performance last season was EXACTLY due to his chosen (?) approach that worked during the regular season when there’s more time and space and lesser level of opposition by definition but was very ineffective in playoffs.

My concern during offseason was that Panarin would be both unable and selfishly unwilling to change. What I’m seeing so far at least is that I was wrong on both accounts. Who could’ve guessed that it was as simple as just cutting your locks and going with the buzzcut.
85c27z.jpg

Reactions: Lua and kovazub94

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
Low-key Panarin has a lot of goals for him.

He's greatly improved his consistency in getting into prime shooting areas.

I don't buy that he was ever a lazy player but he got into a rut of doing the same old shit. He looks like he really refocused on his game.
It was obviously the hair that weighed him down.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
I don't care what it costs. If we're ever in a scenario where Kreider is on 398 or 399, I'm getting down to the Garden to get at least one good crack at it.
Too bad, six game west coast road trip.
I wish he'd managed to take the team scoring record from Jagr...while I loved Jagr for those years, Kreider owning that record would be more fitting
I think Kreider is great, but honestly I like the fact that our goals in a year record is owned by a bona fide superstar putting up a franchise changing Hart caliber season.

Chytilmania

Dec 31, 2017
Kreider has been on a hot streak since it’s been revealed he’s really Serj.

Serj to Mika: BLAST OFF, ITS PARTY TIME, AND WHERE THE FCK ARE YOU?
IMG_8526.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Yeah, but if he could bring us a third that we could flip for another asset, so much the better
I don’t see any way we will get anything for him.

If he’s useless to us at 800k, teams won’t give up any assets to acquire him.

If he’s playing well, then we won’t be shopping him.

He will either be on the ice for the press box

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad