Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Creighton Snyder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
good response, need to learn how to make these games a little less eventful in the 3rd, but you know when you've embarrassed a team for 2 periods and are up 5 the 3rd is prob gonna see them come out pretty damn hard and it's almost impossible to match that intensity with that lead. could clean up some breakdowns but they got it together after the 3rd instead of really spiraling which counts for something.

refs also actively worked to help get them back in the game with the calls they made.

laf, panarin, and cuylle were fantastic. jones had some tough plays in the 3rd but played great the first 2 periods. not surprising given pretty much the entire roster was no different.

9-2-1, all that matters at the end of the day.

Reactions: FUZfan and egelband

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
The three funniest posts of the game:

No offense, but I'm not sure you get to comment on anyone else's diet.

it was an anal swab

Anson grinding into Biz is just the thing to get my wife into hockey

PlaceUserPoints
T-1LokiDog3
T-1Kravtsov4203
T-1Machinehead3
T-1Killem Dafoe3
T-5will10662
T-5EdJovanovski2
T-5turcotte82
T-8GAGLine1
T-8Tob1
T-8Crease1
T-8Fitzy1
T-8Boris Zubov1
T-8INWOODBLUE1
T-8Bob Richards1
T-8Row I Goon1
T-8Svenhart20081
T-8Baby Duck Homme1
T-8Mac n Gs1
T-8Megustaelhockey1
T-8Ail1
T-8Brutananadilewski1
T-8Greg021
T-8duhmetreE1

hella rights

Oct 9, 2006
Kakko and Lafreniere can never play well at the same time.

Last year Kakko was better, while Laf looked lost. This year it’s the total opposite where Lad looks great and Kakko looks lost. I found putting Wheeler on the Zibanejad and Kreider line made no difference.

This team still takes its foot off the gas way too much instead of stepping on a teams throat.

Still a nice win while missing some key guys. I can’t complain too much.
At this point I’m good with Wheeler staying with Zib and Kreider 5v5, just get the feeling KZ are saving it up for the power plays and content with keeping things even otherwise, doesn’t matter much who the RW is for the time being.

Reactions: yrrebbor

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I missed the game but saw that Wheeler played under 10 minutes. Did he get hurt or benched?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Low-key Panarin has a lot of goals for him.

He's greatly improved his consistency in getting into prime shooting areas.

I don't buy that he was ever a lazy player but he got into a rut of doing the same old shit. He looks like he really refocused on his game.
yeah honestly this is why I bitched about him and Strome...they loved playing that outside game and it worked really well in the regular season but when things tightened up in the playoffs, or against just good defensive teams, you have to find ways to get inside that defense and they stuck to the perimeter.
I mean I could also be completely wrong also, that was just my general impression of one reason why he started playing less of a go to the net game...he found chemistry with a player that worked well when they were slinging long passes from the outside

e: Chytil back and either with Panarin and Laf or down with Cuylle and Kakko would work either way I think (if Trocheck is doing well with Panarin...if not, Trocheck centering Cuylle and Kakko would also work)

Bonino really is a black hole for the puck

will1066

Your positivity is not welcomed
Oct 12, 2008
The three funniest posts of the game:

PlaceUserPoints
T-1LokiDog3
T-1Kravtsov4203
T-1Machinehead3
T-1Killem Dafoe3
T-5will10662
T-5EdJovanovski2
T-5turcotte82
T-8GAGLine1
T-8Tob1
T-8Crease1
T-8Fitzy1
T-8Boris Zubov1
T-8INWOODBLUE1
T-8Bob Richards1
T-8Row I Goon1
T-8Svenhart20081
T-8Baby Duck Homme1
T-8Mac n Gs1
T-8Megustaelhockey1
T-8Ail1
T-8Brutananadilewski1
T-8Greg021
T-8duhmetreE1
Hey, I have the same number of points as Kakko.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: tlk and mike14

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
The third was a terrible job by Lavi. Why did he put the Schneider pair for two consecutive shifts, especially after a goal. He plays our scrubs way too much.
I have no problem getting Schneider and Jones reps when we have a big lead. We won 5-3 instead of 5-0 or 5-1. Getting these guys game experience is more important. I don’t care about the analytics.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I have no problem getting Schneider and Jones reps when we have a big lead. We won 5-3 instead of 5-0 or 5-1. Getting these guys game experience is more important. I don’t care about the analytics.

But I've seen Lavi do that before with the 4th line where he'd have them on the ice in the last 2 minutes of a 1 goal game. Also, yeah 5-3 is not THAT close and they shut it down late in the game but that put the game in question when it shouldn't have been.

Jonathan Quick looks outstanding. Not bad for a backup taking league minimum.

Fans around the league think he sucks. Even the last two games he was good. Minnesota game he was the only reason it wasn't 10-4 and today was his worst game because Detroit converted on a high percentage of their chances but he still made good saves. I think the way he's playing this year (don't care about previous years) he's probably our best backup since Raanta. Halak was frankly a disappointment last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad