Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Bickle 77

Feb 11, 2020
So true!

Attachments

• 0_7zdGvAQnXfHaFzcq.jpg
    0_7zdGvAQnXfHaFzcq.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: ohloutsider

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Some after thoughts. Looks like Costanzo is starting to find his grove. Played much better as of late and the coaches are giving him more starts. Likely Donoso tonight and then back to Joey tomorrow.
Also like what I've seen from Morneau since the trade deadline. Not going to score 50 goals but now that he is with Spellacy and Smith he is giving other teams fits trying to counter that speed and forecheck.
It's a foregone conclusion for me on next years OA's. Abraham, Smith and Morneau. Barring any trades or school decisions that will be the 3 OA's.

Smith on the other hand was not good last night. Zero effort and some brutal giveaways and coverage in their end. Not his best outing. They will keep him as an OA because but there is likely better options.

On to a tough schedule now. Soo tonight. Into London tomorrow. In Guelph Friday and the up to the Sound on Saturday. I will be impressed if they get any points from those games. They shown they can but all of those teams are in a heated playoff race so there won't be any "easy " games. Be safe.

Wassilyn watch continues.

tomschman

Oct 29, 2015
I've said for a while now that if he his hands can catch up to his feet, he's going to be a stud. A 6'3 190lb kid who has speed to burn, discipline, and seems to be a well-balanced kid off the ice? Throw in some offence and watch him go!
Until last year, Spellacy was a part time hockey player, due to playing football at a high level. He has the tools but his development is delayed. It is starting to show now.

I believe that he and Greentree have equal potential. Greentree's hockey skills are more developed, but he probably can't catch a pass in coverage over the middle. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad