Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
tomschman said:
I have no idea what the issue was in Windsor. As far as Saginaw, Castle was a 1st round choice in 2020 (Morneau was 15th round). Teams acquire a player like Castle thinking they can get him to play up to the potential he has when he was drafted. Sometimes it works, though, from what I see, usually not. Castle was drafted by Oshawa, traded to Niagara, and traded to Windsor. He hasn't found it with 3 different teams.
I don't think you can really count Oshawa. Rumour at the time was that Castle was drafted already knowing the trade to Niagara was prearranged and was instructed not to report to Oshawa and await the trade.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
So my info peer to kitchener. 2 players coming back. 1 a D man and 4 picks.some issue with schooling…

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
The OHL trade deadline is noon today ..about 20 min away. A few trades still trickling in. So far I Haven’t seen anything re the Spits being done so something minor may yet happen. Saggy visits here tonight so it might be a bit of a cluster with all the deals.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Big trade
1704909514579.png

Reactions: punch1943

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

If it works, it works. They were both very open about it on the bench on Sunday. A few fans gave "what the heck?" looks while I just sat there and grinned.

Note from tonight... Donoso starts, Toure is in the lineup, Zito is not dressed yet, and Outwater placed on the IR.

Regarding Outwater - I don't know what the injury was but, when it happened, I mentioned his arm looked like it was slumping as if it was a separated shoulder. Hopefully it's nothing serious that keeps him out for a long period.

Reactions: punch1943

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Well hard to fathom but the Spits play a game tonight. Lots of new sticks on both sides of the puck . If there was ever a night to steal a game against Saginaw this might be it. Especially with Donoso in net. He can make a big difference. just hope he is ready for lots of 2 on 0's.

Sarnia, Flint and Windsor will Duke it out for 8th. I can see Flint being the playoff team and Windsor in 9th. Really out of our control so just gonna enjoy the ride. Can't wait to see Zito back in the lineup. Be safe.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Windsor now has seven picks in rounds 1-4 in 2024 and five picks in the same period next season. They've got some gaps to figure out later on but solid job by Bowler in filling the holes that were important.
Before I had noted that Windsor had 18 picks rounds 2-4 in the next 4 drafts,8-2nds,4-3rds and 6-4ths,after today's trade with Brantford its now 19 picks in the 2-4 rounds,with 7-4ths instead of 6 and 16 of 19 of those picks acquired thru trade.

Reactions: OHLTG

SpitfireHabs1

Dec 3, 2021
Southern Ontario
Exciting last Few days, happy with the moves. Bowler pulled a few rabbits out of his hat and im happy with the job he did giving us an exciting finish to the season here and hopefully a run can grab us 8th, sometimes a big reshuffle like this can kick start something good or turn it to shit, but cant get worse from where were at haha.

Sucks Zito it out but id expect him in Saturday. Probably just making sure hes 100 % ready and adjusted. Excited for Donoso to play tonight, hoping for a big game but new environment for him and completely different team infront of him tonight then he has been use to in this league, he will get a good test tonight. Fingers crossed because im rooting for the hometown Kid to lock it down!, Toure is a Man amongst boys out there and im excited to see him out there and hopefully knock some sense into some of our Defense to play a better game.

Expecting the loss but we did give Saginaw a run for there Money a few games back at the Dow. So if we get good goaltending and a few goals, you never know. Definitely going to need a full team effort to steal two points from the Spirit.

GO SPITS GO!!

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
If it works, it works. They were both very open about it on the bench on Sunday. A few fans gave "what the heck?" looks while I just sat there and grinned.

Note from tonight... Donoso starts, Toure is in the lineup, Zito is not dressed yet, and Outwater placed on the IR.

Regarding Outwater - I don't know what the injury was but, when it happened, I mentioned his arm looked like it was slumping as if it was a separated shoulder. Hopefully it's nothing serious that keeps him out for a long period.
There's a lot of of anecdotal reports about this but very little proof of the efficacy. This is probably more about convincing yourself that it works rather than medical proof.

Reactions: windsor7

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
There's a lot of of anecdotal reports about this but very little proof of the efficacy. This is probably more about convincing yourself that it works rather than medical proof.

Again, "if it works, it works." I'm not a doctor. The players/staff know a lot more about this than I do. If they say it works, then all the power to them. If someone has an issue with that, they're the ones to talk to, not me.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Right now, they have...

Windsor 1st
Niagara 2nd
Ptbo 2nd
NB 3rd

That's three picks likely in the top 25 or 30 and four within the top 50ish? That's a nice haul.
Bowler will have to hit on all those picks..

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010

Spits are dressing 7D,11F
11 forwards
Abraham-Zhugin-Greentree
Morneau-Spellacy-Davis
Nesbitt-Smith-Struthers
Stewart-Greenwell

Def
Toure-Woodall
Christoforo-Walton
Eichler-Toms
Winegard

Donoso-Starting
Costanzo

SPITS4EVER

Feb 10, 2023
Spits are dressing 7D,11F
11 forwards
Abraham-Zhugin-Greentree
Morneau-Spellacy-Davis
Nesbitt-Smith-Struthers
Stewart-Greenwell

Def
Toure-Woodall
Christoforo-Walton
Eichler-Toms
Winegard

Donoso-Starting
Costanzo
Legend
do they have zito as healthy scratch or injury related?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad