Windsor Spitfires 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Another shortie.
Every team knows 74 lay down on ice to block shot. Just have to wait n he slide right by.

That's how you get around just about anyone who's blocking a shot lol

Right now, London is doing London things and Windsor has no answer. I don't think anyone expected differently tonight.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
That's how you get around just about anyone who's blocking a shot lol

Right now, London is doing London things and Windsor has no answer. I don't think anyone expected differently tonight.
How about 74 actually play defense..

Reactions: oldPeng

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
So I'm sure I will hear it but playing 4 in 6 days with 3 in 2 1/2 days this loss is not surprising. I get it other teams do it as well and most end up with the same result, out of gas. They agreed to the schedule so it is what it is.
The Sunday night game was a surprise but the rest of the games pretty much stuck to the script. Nothing lost or nothing gained, still 11 points out of a playoff spot and quickly running out of tarmac. Only bad part is the Petes and Ice Dogs out lost us this weekend so Spits are now in 18th spot. Win 1 game in 4 and a couple of ties and there you have it. Friday in Guelph who seem also be in full struggle mode . That one might be closer than today. Be safe.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Meidema was top a 4 and definitely was not a home run.
Liam Greentree was a 34th overall pick and has been a home run
Wyatt Johnston was a 6th overall pick and we saw what happened there.
Would be interesting if Windsor finished 4th worst and either won the lottery or the top 3.
Though it would be nice to get the #1 pick overall.
2nd would suffice,last time was Gabe Villardi and they won a Mem Cup with him in 2017,Taylor Hall was a 2nd overall pick and they won 2 cups with him
Personally would be happy with 1st,2nd or 3rd selection.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Liam Greentree was a 34th overall pick and has been a home run
Wyatt Johnston was a 6th overall pick and we saw what happened there.
Would be interesting if Windsor finished 4th worst and either won the lottery or the top 3.
Though it would be nice to get the #1 pick overall.
2nd would suffice,last time was Gabe Villardi and they won a Mem Cup with him in 2017,Taylor Hall was a 2nd overall pick and they won 2 cups with him
Personally would be happy with 1st,2nd or 3rd selection.
Hall winning and earning 2 cups was good..

Reactions: Section 103

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Agree with Greentree. my point was even a top 4 pick doesn't always mean success. Wasn't a knock against the team for picking meidema he just hasn't flourished for such a high pick.
I agree re Miedema appears to me there has been little if any growth in his game since being dealt to Kingston, very underwhelming, unfortunate a pretty nice young man always respectful when we met.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I agree re Miedema appears to me there has been little if any growth in his game since being dealt to Kingston, very underwhelming, unfortunate a pretty nice young man always respectful when we met.

He actually has the same amount of points this season as he did with Windsor last season... in 18 more games. I liked his game and potential but his inconsistencies were not fun. Now, if we had Barlow... game, set, and match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca