Player Discussion Will Cuylle

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
IMG_3893.jpeg

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
This is exactly the type of player we needed. One with snarl but skill. Refs robbed him of a goal

Yeah it's two. He should have 5 goals. The first when a puck went through the high crease and deflected in off the back of his skate that they decided he kicked in which was pretty ridiculous and this last one where it took them like half an hour to try to make an implausible case that a puck that absolutely went in and was obviously a goal wasn't. When Valiquette (who I'm not the biggest fan of) later said the Rangers never win these he wasn't lying. I think we get robbed more than any other team not just on goals for but goals against challenges. I guess that's what comes with having the big apple team.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Yeah it's two. He should have 5 goals. The first when a puck went through the high crease and deflected in off the back of his skate that they decided he kicked in which was pretty ridiculous and this last one where it took them like half an hour to try to make an implausible case that a puck that absolutely went in and was obviously a goal wasn't. When Valiquette (who I'm not the biggest fan of) later said the Rangers never win these he wasn't lying. I think we get robbed more than any other team not just on goals for but goals against challenges. I guess that's what comes with having the big apple team.
Im pretty sure all fanbases think they are robbed of goals more so than other teams, but Im fairly confident if there was a list the Rangers would be at the top of it - and both ways, for and against.

The Ottawa playoff series with both Brassard and Neil clearly kicking in huge goals was infuriating. You look at those compared to several Rangers "kicked" disallowed goals and its an absolute joke.

That rule in particular needs to go. Its incredibly subjective. They should either allow or disallow any puck going in off a skate and just make it black and white. They want more goals - then allow all kicked in pucks.

The NHL is also bragging about how they can accurately track shot speed and metrics with the new chip inside the pucks - but yet they refuse to link it up with the goal line to easily display if its completely crossed the line or not. They like having the human element instead of being sure they get the call right. Its mind-numbing BS.

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Im pretty sure all fanbases think they are robbed of goals more so than other teams, but Im fairly confident if there was a list the Rangers would be at the top of it - and both ways, for and against.

The Ottawa playoff series with both Brassard and Neil clearly kicking in huge goals was infuriating. You look at those compared to several Rangers "kicked" disallowed goals and its an absolute joke.

That rule in particular needs to go. Its incredibly subjective. They should either allow or disallow any puck going in off a skate and just make it black and white. They want more goals - then allow all kicked in pucks.

The NHL is also bragging about how they can accurately track shot speed and metrics with the new chip inside the pucks - but yet they refuse to link it up with the goal line to easily display if its completely crossed the line or not. They like having the human element instead of being sure they get the call right. Its mind-numbing BS.

Well on the first the play happened through the crease really fast and the puck caught Cuylle's skate in motion but in no way was an intentional motion to move the puck or a kicking motion. On the second Cuylle's reaction after the shot was immediate and he pointed to the puck inside the net. Maybe the ref felt upstaged by Cuylle's reaction I don't know. In any case it's pretty clear he and the Rangers and Rangers fans were robbed. Fact is that's probably going to be the most egregious case against us this year.

I remember Janssen's on the Devils pretty much doing a field goal kick against us once and it counting.

If the NHL has the tech capability to show if a puck has crossed the line they should do it. Maybe the referee's union is against it.

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
I have said it before on here, he gives me Adam Graves like vibes. In no way am I saying will ever do what Adam Graves did. Something about him just reminds me of a young Adam Graves

Reactions: tlk

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
I see the hitting similar to Graves but so far to go to make any type of comparison

Cuylle is the same age as Graves was on the kid line Stanley Cup season. Won’t be until 2025-26 that he’ll be the same age as Graves when he arrived here and really broke out.

Graves was tied at the hip to Mess, enforcing for him and benefiting from his elite playmaking. I don’t care if Cuylle isn’t Graves, he looks like a big asset regardless.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
he needs to play with kreider and zibs. hes quick, big, skilled, and mean. the fact that hes been able to be noticeable playing on a line with bonino/goodrow is almost as impressive as panarins performance this year.
Where RW's go to die...Kidding (kind of)

Reactions: TheDirtyH

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
he needs to play with kreider and zibs. hes quick, big, skilled, and mean. the fact that hes been able to be noticeable playing on a line with bonino/goodrow is almost as impressive as panarins performance this year.
He plays LW.

And they refuse to move Kreider to RW, even though he stinks at LW. Not like he is scoring goals off the rush anyway, he scores 90% of his goals in the crease.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
something to keep in mind with Cuylle is guys with his profile take a few years to really get going. i think we want to see a little more mean from him besides his big hits but he will certainly grow into that. at the same age tom wilson was losing every fight and missing hits constantly. cuylles got so many tools and even if i think he tops out as a 40-45 point player, he’s going to be very valuable for us.

i’d like him to get more special teams time too. no more brodzinski on the PP horse shit and maybe a pk shift every now and the . he has the reach and speed to be really disruptive

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
I think he's been really good. He's getting a limited role so naturally he's not going to light the world on fire but he's effective. He should 100% get a look with Kreider-Zibanejad.

Reactions: bhamill

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
something to keep in mind with Cuylle is guys with his profile take a few years to really get going. i think we want to see a little more mean from him besides his big hits but he will certainly grow into that. at the same age tom wilson was losing every fight and missing hits constantly. cuylles got so many tools and even if i think he tops out as a 40-45 point player, he’s going to be very valuable for us.

i’d like him to get more special teams time too. no more brodzinski on the PP horse shit and maybe a pk shift every now and the . he has the reach and speed to be really disruptive
What’s your pp2 alignment?

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
No reason not to give Cuylle a shot with Kreider and Zib, but I'm kind of at the point with that duo where I'm content to give them Wheeler and let them do their thing. They don't adjust well (at all?) to linemates' playstyles.

And Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko fully healthy going into the playoffs would be a 3rd line I'm ready to go to war with.

The CuCK Line.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
No reason not to give Cuylle a shot with Kreider and Zib, but I'm kind of at the point with that duo where I'm content to give them Wheeler and let them do their thing. They don't adjust well (at all?) to linemates' playstyles.

And Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko fully healthy going into the playoffs would be a 3rd line I'm ready to go to war with.

The CuCK Line.
The only reason is that Rangers brass think Wheeler is still in his prime and despite Cyulle having been one of the more consistent players on the roster as far as his compete, focus, and work ethic, and effectiveness on the forecheck, he won't get a second glance.

Cuylle to the top line at practice per Brooksy, where he will *checks notes* not play the same position as kreider.

This is an exciting development, let’s GOOOOO
Hope so. But it's also ridiculous that they don't just put guys on any wing. It's really not that deep. A guy playing the other wing he's not going to suddenly have a life crisis and forget he's a hockey player.

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad