Player Discussion Will Cuylle

markymarc1215

Jan 8, 2023
Southwest Florida
What a steal getting him for Lias Andersson, who was waived by the cellar dwelling Montreal Canadiens. They at least salvaged an NHL player out of it. Here's hoping he becomes a Brandon Prust or Matt Barnaby type player for us. I think it is within his grasp.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
What a steal getting him for Lias Andersson, who was waived by the cellar dwelling Montreal Canadiens. They at least salvaged an NHL player out of it. Here's hoping he becomes a Brandon Prust or Matt Barnaby type player for us. I think it is within his grasp.
I think that he has more offensive potential than either of those players.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
I think that he has more offensive potential than either of those players.
When he didn't have the puck he was banging his stick on the ice begging for it.

That's confidence.

He has a fantastic shot & doesn't mind using it.

Not to mention his compete level, tenacity & physicality (did I just mention those?)

There's a lot of guys on this team that could learn a thing or two from him.

BS45

Aug 20, 2022
where ever its 5pm
He impresses me more and more every time I watch him. He plays like he has been in the league for years. Looks like he can be trusted in all situations too. Would like to see him get some penalty killing time.

Reactions: Kords and egelband

Mugless

Aug 26, 2004
Finish checks, go the net, don't dilly dally and just fire the puck. It's almost as if he plays actual hockey.:nod:

Reactions: Kords

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He was just such a forgettable ranger to me I guess.

Cuylle has made an impression from the jump here so far. Honestly think he looked best with Kak.
I liked JT. I thought he had really good offensive skill and showed some grit. I liked when he played on a line with Zooks. Pretty much a lock for 20 plus goals and 50 plus points even as a young guy. His issues were he would make some bonehead plays, defensively, and consistency. Thought he found some confidence when he started killing penalties. Problem was Hayes would sometimes be looking for breakaways when killing penalties instead of concentrating 100% on defense.

Reactions: egelband

TopShelfSnipes

May 5, 2011
USA

That would be selling him short IMO.

I'm hoping for Alex Killorn potenial from him.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
watching last nights game I think if you look across to the other teams bench, a good comparable would be someone like Boone Jenner. Maybe someone like Marcus Folgino as well.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Cuylle is an example of why you can't always stat watch players and prospects. The kid has an it factor to him, a swagger, a determination, and a desire. He is the kind of player that becomes infectious to a team of they rally around him instead of just looking at him and passively appreciating him. He and his style will have possibly the second biggest impact of new pieces on the team behind lavy

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
Cuylle is an example of why you can't always start watching players and prospects. The kid has an it factor to him, a swagger, a determination, and a desire. He is the kind of player that becomes infectious to a team of they rally around him instead of just looking at him and passively appreciating him. He and his style will have possibly the second biggest impact of new pieces on the team behind lavy

I've been very impressed. He fits right in, his movement patterns are natural. He's a bit of a specimen to begin with but he also plays hockey well and is skilled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad