Player Discussion Will Cuylle

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
We knew he was physical with a heavy shot, but he is putting huge defenseman like Seider and Maatta on their wallets with these hits. He's a little reckless too (which I like!).

The most striking thing to me is his ability and willingness to handle the puck and cut to the middle. Really exciting player, and I can't wait for Othmann to join him.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
The goal was obviously great but this was the first time I've seen him really physically exert his will at this level.

He's been forcing D men into bad passes all season, but he was trucking fools tonight. Smoked Seider and put him on his wallet which isn't easy to do.

So much for the "dime a dozen, 4th line ceiling, 14 point upside" eh?

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Dubinsky was a great Ranger, I loved him as a fan and he provided some really memorable Ranger moments. I'd be ecstatic if Cuylle gets there and hopefully exceeds what Dubi did.

It makes Lias A a damn good pick right now.

Dubinsky is also a very fun guy to hang out with based on past experience. Kind of a forgotten Ranger but he still loves the organization. He and Crosby going at it their whole careers in the Metro was fun to watch.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Dubs was more of a puck carrier. What I like about Cuylle is he keeps the game simple. He knows his skills and he leans in to them. No reason he can't become a heavy, fast 20 goal scorer in time.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Just echoing what everyone else has been saying, he’s been awesome.

Just hope he doesn’t get the country club second year slump. Them bottomless mimosas are dangerous….

Reactions: bhamill and bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Thank You Peter for not burying him on the 4th line and giving him top 9 play. You can see the confidence he is playing with.
Othmann needs to follow the same process. Full year in Hartford getting big minutes then come here not being buried on the 4th line.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't know if he just doesn't have 100% confidence yet, but I actually like his measured approach to hitting so far.

Stay healthy, stay in position, and unleash the big one if the opportunity presents itself.

Again, I go back to Kreider as a role model. He's also really smart about engaging. He gets heat for it, but he always has the puck, so ask me if I care.

I'm interested in seeing him on special teams in the future. I think he has skills to lend to both units.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00