Player Discussion Will Cuylle

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
Not enough pages in here. I've been very happy with what I've seen out him. Guy plays a game that will play anywhere and against most teams. I think 3rd line is gonna be his floor and we may get a really good 5v5 2nd line player out him.

Also hearing his name makes me wanna smoke a Kool

Reactions: Jjksport

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
He’s been such a tremendous addition thus far. It’s great that he’s solid one on one, hits big, and can drop the gloves, but the offense is there. He’s got soft hands and a good shot.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.

I remember watching this documentary when he was drafted. Found it again today, so thought I'd share. We got a good one.

IMG_7096.jpeg

Try to find something similar for LA.

• Haha
Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Dubi was aggressive and scrappy, a “middleweight” as far as fighting goes. Cuylle is a wrecking ball and more of a HW. Dubi’s good ~50 point seasons are within reach as well. If he ends up on a line with more gifted players Dubi’s highs are surpassable It’s a pretty good comparison.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Nothing that Cuylle does is overwhelming amazing but he's solid to above average at everything across the board.

Very Jesper Fast esque in that respect but he has the added advantage of being 6'3" 210 with a bit more zip than Quickie. His one real stand out ability so far has been forcing opponents into making decisions with the puck that they'd rather not make. Next step for him is to own the paint and there have already some glimpses of that coming along.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Nothing that Cuylle does is overwhelming amazing but he's solid to above average at everything across the board.

Very Jesper Fast esque in that respect but he has the added advantage of being 6'3" 210 with a bit more zip than Quickie. His one real stand out ability so far has been forcing opponents into making decisions with the puck that they'd rather not make. Next step for him is to own the paint and there have already some glimpses of that coming along.
Hs also seems very good at not getting baited into scrums that don’t benefit the team, or penalties. Kmows when to mix it up and when to let it go. Very calculated, doesn’t let his temper get the best of him… but regardless of him saying he patterns his game after Wilson. For a rookie he is really impressive.

Reactions: egelband

DuneGoon84

Jun 21, 2019
It's not often that you notice a third line rookie but holy shit Cuylle seems to be involved in big plays at least once a game. Just keep it up.
He really Is carrying that 3rd line. He and Chytil will be fun to watch. Who knows Kakko might milk off of the hard forecheck by those 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad