Who should we get rid of and who should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougie1107

Jul 6, 2012
Memphis
I'd do it.

Skinner is at least around the same level as Jones, and Staal is definitely fair value for Wilson + 11th on our side.

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I'd give up Jones + Wilson + 11th for that, might have to add a touch more.

Yeah no way. If Poile did that I would be on the firing side.

I'd do it.

Skinner is at least around the same level as Jones, and Staal is definitely fair value for Wilson + 11th on our side.

FYI Carolina fans are saying it would take Jones+11+Wilson for Staal alone.

I would do Staal+Skinner for Jones+Wilson+11 in a second. I think Wilson+Ellis+11 is fair for Staal, so adding Skinner for the difference in Jones/Ellis is great.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I think David Poile will pull off a trade for a forward. I think Spezza, Paciorety, Staal, Skinner, Kane, are all intriuging names, but there are plenty of other forwards that could be successful here.

I also think DP will target a forward in free agency. I would say it is unlikely we land Stastny or Vanek. Moulson and company are more likely. I would expect a 4-5 million dollar forward to find his way to Nashville.

That said, Poile is a passive man. 50/50 chance we do nothing except resign our own or make small changes MDZ for picks / Spaling for similar player / Beck or Watson shipped out for picks , etc.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Im curious about the Staal thing, could be the Lavy connection might be able to get this done. Im not sure if our hearts could actually stand having a 1C though.

But any top 6 guy comin this way we are going to lose a defenseman named Weber, Jones or Josi. I don't like it either but thats gonna be part of it.

If Carolina wants a multi player deal Nasville is one of the few teams that could fill there needs.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Im curious about the Staal thing, could be the Lavy connection might be able to get this done. Im not sure if our hearts could actually stand having a 1C though.

But any top 6 guy comin this way we are going to lose a defenseman named Weber, Jones or Josi. I don't like it either but thats gonna be part of it.

If Carolina wants a multi player deal Nasville is one of the few teams that could fill there needs.

Yep no Wilson/Ellis stuff. It will take Jones or Josi.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
I'd do it.

If we could get Staal for just Wilson and the 11th Poile is the GM of the year without even playing the season yet.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
FYI Carolina fans are saying it would take Jones+11+Wilson for Staal alone.

I would do Staal+Skinner for Jones+Wilson+11 in a second. I think Wilson+Ellis+11 is fair for Staal, so adding Skinner for the difference in Jones/Ellis is great.

Carolina fans are wrong then. People give Preds fans grief for putting such high prices on Weber or Josi, but this is a different situation. If Carolina is actively shopping Staal, it isn't similar to trying to pry Weber/Josi out of Nashville. Staal is not worth Jones ++.

Now, if the package becomes Staal and Skinner then Jones is definitely in the discussion. Until then, they can keep thinking it, but it doesn't make it true.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I think David Poile will pull off a trade for a forward. I think Spezza, Paciorety, Staal, Skinner, Kane, are all intriuging names, but there are plenty of other forwards that could be successful here.

I also think DP will target a forward in free agency. I would say it is unlikely we land Stastny or Vanek. Moulson and company are more likely. I would expect a 4-5 million dollar forward to find his way to Nashville.

That said, Poile is a passive man. 50/50 chance we do nothing except resign our own or make small changes MDZ for picks / Spaling for similar player / Beck or Watson shipped out for picks , etc.

I don't know. He was always building a team for Trotz. By bringing in Laviolette he has pretty much painted himself into a corner, and he almost has to make at least one move to improve the top six.

RCola88

Jun 4, 2013
Nashville, TN
I don't know. He was always building a team for Trotz. By bringing in Laviolette he has pretty much painted himself into a corner, and he almost has to make at least one move to improve the top six.

I feel like he would be in this situation even if Trotz was still here. Going 3 years without being in the playoffs, will be the end of Poile in Nashville. This pressure could end really well or really badly.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
If its gonna cost a top three dman then go fo the whole enchilida. Jordan wants to play with Eric, There shopping Skinner and they are not happy with there goalie situation.

Hellberg could well be in play if he is ready for a NHL spot he would not beat Rinne out for a starting position so theres a piece the Canes might have interest in.

So a top three d guy Wilson the 11th overall and Hellberg for both Staals and Skinner
Yikes I didn't think about cap thats not gonna work unless the dman is Weber

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN
Per Cooper:
Did a little checking re: E. Staal.
Doesn't sound like that's a possibility right now for the #Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad