Who should we get rid of and who should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Hard to say. If its about the money and contract for Stastny then he may be willing to go about anywhere. If that last big contract is his main concern, it gives us a much better chance.

Prob going to take big money and max term - 7 years right? So something like 7 years/ 42 mill?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Prob going to take big money and max term - 7 years right? So something like 7 years/ 42 mill?

That will not get it done, Even if it was offered Colorado would match it 6 mil per is exactly what they are looking to give him

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

Well you know he isn't going under 6.6, agent has already said that. My guess is that 7/49 probably what he is after. Personally I would give it to him, but I can also understand the objections.

dougie1107

Jul 6, 2012
Memphis
He has already said he wants no less than what he makes now (6.5), so chances are he wants a raise.

7/42 is never going to happen on any team not called the Avs, let alone Nashville.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
If Stasny is the guy best Preds could offer would be 7x7. This places him with Weber and Rinne ast the big three. The remainder of the roster becomes difficult in 4 or 5 years when Forsberg, Jarnkrok, Jones are due to cash in. Granted the Cap will go up but it will hamstring the GM for a while. Recall Leggy and Erats contracts impact when the team was on a budget. While there is no sincre really of the minimum budget issue now they will need to plan for those three which we can all agree we want to keep arround long term also. Its doable but its concerning.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I may not be the most popular person in the main board Spezza thread right now, but literally zero damns are given.

:)

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Im not a big fan of Spezza. I would like to see that talent on the team but I would prefer someone that is committed here. Not someone that you must caudal to comin here.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I wasn't so much sold on Spezza until the Neal deal, but now I think a guy like Spezza would really solidify our offense.

And now I have to close this thread because it's beyond 1,000 posts. If someone wants to start a new thread for roster moves that would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad