Who should we get rid of and who should we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
I know this is probably out of the realm of possibility, but what about trying to grab Gagner out of Edm? Is he sexy? No, but he could be had for cheap and effective here I think under Lav.

If we could have a first line of Moulson, Gagner, Neal that would be pretty crazy.

Otherwise, Statsny, Vinny, B. Richards, Spezza, Roy, ROR and Staal would be our trade/free agent options.

We just gotta temper our expectations a bit here.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
I know this is probably out of the realm of possibility, but what about trying to grab Gagner out of Edm? Is he sexy? No, but he could be had for cheap and effective here I think under Lav.

If we could have a first line of Moulson, Gagner, Neal that would be pretty crazy.

Otherwise, Statsny, Vinny, B. Richards, Spezza, Roy, ROR and Staal would be our trade/free agent options.

Statsny, Staal, Moulson.....any one of those..wowzers!

Privy

#ShutUpStu
Nov 25, 2011
I've seen Neal - Spezza - Hemský suggested in other threads. If Spezza and Hemský still have that chemistry and Neal could gel with those two guys then that would be a scary line. The price for Spezza seems to be high though. Hopefully Murray waits too long to trade Spezza and gets himself into a jam where he has to lower his price.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I've seen Neal - Spezza - Hemský suggested in other threads. If Spezza and Hemský still have that chemistry and Neal could gel with those two guys then that would be a scary line. The price for Spezza seems to be high though. Hopefully Murray waits too long to trade Spezza and gets himself into a jam where he has to lower his price.

I think he already did. Anaheim is out of the market, there are limited teams that are looking for the higher priced centers and quite a few allegedly available. If Stastny winds up in St. Louis, Murray pretty much loses any leverage he has left.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006

I agree and could definitely see Gagner. It wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd settle for him.

We gotta remember that Poile's definition of "#1 center" might differ from most. I'm pretty sure he called Cullen a "#1 center" last summer.

I don't think ROR or Staal are moved, but I guess my order of preference would be something like:

Stastny
Spezza
Gagner
Vinny
Roy
Richards

Who else is out there? Grabovski, Santorelli... Krejci?

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
I agree and could definitely see Gagner. It wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd settle for him.

We gotta remember that Poile's definition of "#1 center" might differ from most. I'm pretty sure he called Cullen a "#1 center" last summer.

I don't think ROR or Staal are moved, but I guess my order of preference would be something like:

Stastny
Spezza
Gagner
Vinny
Roy
Richards

Who else is out there? Grabovski, Santorelli... Krejci?

Skinner is a name that has been tossed around. Thornton/Marleau. Maybe Pavelski if we overpay (Josi/Jones). Plekanec. Grabovski is a good plan D. Don't forget there are two Richards.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
is skinner a center?

and i know top 6 seen it but a guy offered vinny + laughton + a second + 1st and 3rd next year for weber.. worst weber proposal ever

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
After looking at Capgeek, we now have 3 RFA's to sign (Ekholm, MDZ, and Ellis). After factoring in a total of $2 mil in raises from last season, we have around $11 mil in cap space.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
My biggest question is how does this effect the MDZ negotiations. Honest

MDZ: I want more money

Poile: We just traded for Neal and if you don't sign, I will make it Neal sole mission in this life and the next to hunt you down till he names every bone in your broken body and leaves you in a puddle of your own blood condemning you to an existence of crapping out bone chips. And if he doesn't do it, Weber will.

MDZ swallows and signs.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
We have room to go all out for Spezza(7-7.5) and still have wiggle room of 3-4 million at the top, thats for sure.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Even if we could get a player like Lecavalier I think would be an improvement.

I mean call Watson up to replace Hornqvist in front of the net and to replace Spaling.

On the powerplay you'd have

Watson, VLC and Neal up front with Weber and Josi on the points.

That would physically cause a lot of match up problems.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Even if we could get a player like Lecavalier I think would be an improvement.

I mean call Watson up to replace Hornqvist in front of the net and to replace Spaling.

On the powerplay you'd have

Watson, VLC and Neal up front with Weber and Josi on the points.

That would physically cause a lot of match up problems.

Meh. Salary too high, put up less points than Cullen last season. Pass.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The buyout heap has a few interesting names on it as well .. Havlat, Richards, and extreme risk/reward Ribs. None are that top three guy to compliment Neal but they could serve to bridge the gap as 2nd/3rd liners as we worry about the crop at Milwaukee making the transition to the NHL.

Landing one of the big trade/FA targets and one of the lower tier buyout guys could make this an interesting roster.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
My biggest question is how does this effect the MDZ negotiations. Honest

MDZ: I want more money

Poile: We just traded for Neal and if you don't sign, I will make it Neal sole mission in this life and the next to hunt you down till he names every bone in your broken body and leaves you in a puddle of your own blood condemning you to an existence of crapping out bone chips. And if he doesn't do it, Weber will.

MDZ swallows and signs.

BFC, my friend, if that other board was still in existence, you would be handed a GNASHIE for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino