Post-Game Talk: Who needs Brassard? Jets win 4-0

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Exactly...maintain this style and we're a goddamn handful for ANYONE over 7 games...teams have sometimes given up vs us b4 it was even outta reach! Either this team is too fast for everyone or our goaltending comes through. The Jets have wicked balance not just across lines but overallll...G-D-F:hockey:

Having said that, the Brassard to Pit move has to scare everyone no?

I'm not sure if the Jets have lost any 4 games in a 7 game stretch.... I know we lost 3 in a row once but one of those was against Tampa and we took 1 point from them.

The record this team has is remarkably consistent over small game stretches. The Jets loosing 4 games over any 7 game or even 10 game stretch has to be minimal or non existent....

Reactions: Robinson2187

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
Also, Buff and Toby have been fan-****ing-tastic this last stretch of games sans Trouba.

Healthy, I love our top 4d so much and having a Myers/Kuli 3rd pair is wayyyyyyy above average. With Cheerios and Poolman as a 7/8 we are sooooo solid.

I'm stupid excited about this team. I try and stay reserved but literally everytime I get a little worried about this team they deliver a character defining beatdown of a team in a game I think is a must win.
Agree. That D from 1-6 and even 7 and 8 are very good. That puck leaves Jets zone very fast.

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I hope Pitt is the last team we knock out of the playoffs this year.
Lots of time yet for Chevy to make some deals.
I've said all along, he is going to make one fairly big one and at least one smaller one.

Larkin and a 3rd in 2018 for
2018 1st, Stanley, Lemieux and 2nd in 2019?

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Agree. That D from 1-6 and even 7 and 8 are very good. That puck leaves Jets zone very fast.

Even our own players have said outright that when healthy we have one of (if not) the best D corps in the league. (Think it was frenchy).

He's not wrong IMO.

Throw in our F talent and Helly playing wayyyyyyy up to his potential.... That's 3 of 3 bases in my opinion.

Reactions: Robinson2187

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Ah what a bunch of beutiful suits, it is like 1 big collage tour. I hope they go with tracksuit trip next year when they up sgainst Kanes team :)

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Was it just me or did the Jets employ a fantastic forechecking system?

Our D seemed to jump every outlet pass and they always had F support high when they did.

I try not to give much credit to the coaching staff for individual wins and losses..... But it looked like the boys knew exactly where and when to be there tonight.
They;ve essesntially done this all year imo. It either works right away and our opposition wilts or we can't susutain it and even then we've won (by tiring those guys out) but "score effects" or something. Jets have a very good chance of triumph coming outta the Central....but yeh frikkin GDT herding me towards bibulous behaviours..... and away from accurate synopsis:blah:

Reactions: Ducky10

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I hope Pitt is the last team we knock out of the playoffs this year.
Lots of time yet for Chevy to make some deals.
I've said all along, he is going to make one fairly big one and at least one smaller one.

Larkin and a 3rd in 2018 for
2018 1st, Stanley, Lemieux and 2nd in 2019?

Just wondering what you think the splash should be now?

I'd was/am more than happy to support a move to go all in as I think we have a real opportunity.... But with Brassard out of the mix now I don't think I want Nash at the asking price and frankly Letestu is the only guy I wouldn't mind and he shouldn't cost a fortune.

Personally Im fine with the D depth and Goalie position but in my opinion I can't see the loss being worth just about any winger....

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

I'd was/am more than happy to support a move to go all in as I think we have a real opportunity.... But with Brassard out of the mix now I don't think I want Nash at the asking price and frankly Letestu is the only guy I wouldn't mind and he shouldn't cost a fortune.

Personally Im fine with the D depth and Goalie position but in my opinion I can't see the loss being worth just about any winger....
no comprendo

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
The Jets won that game from speed. It's not just speed on offense it's speed everywhere...closing gaps on D etc. Myers had a handful of really strong reads in the Ozone to keep the puck in. Morrissey is quite the player in his own zone. Just great stuff.

Helle was obviously good but I wouldn't say he stole that game at all.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Staal from the Canes but it is a dream. He is everything we want Lowry to turn into and more. They don't have centers and he is playing 1C and is their captain. Won't happen but I would overpay for him.

RNH but I honestly don't even know if he is back playing from his injury? If we could manage RNH without changing the current roster until the off-season by too much, I think he is better than Brassard and signed for longer. I would sweeten the pot so the Oilers retained 1m.

Larkin but the price would be STEEP. He is only 21 years old.

Reactions: GNP

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Nice win, domination!

Little Petey with the game winner!

Loved Perreaults game! Schief doing his best Copp (GOAL SCORING] impersonation all night.

Helly just okay, could have showed more flare on some of the saves in getting the SO!

D okay, of course none of them scored!

Dare I say Mo may be in the running for coach of the year, who would have thought!
He's our petite tigre! dmen's incubus NIGHTMARE!

Reactions: sipowicz

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC

banana milkshakes rock

Last edited:
Reactions: Dayofthedogs

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
The Jets have yet to have more then 2 regulation losses all year. I find this funny since the Jets could not get more then 2 regulation wins all of last year except the final 7 when they were already out of the playoff. I think I like this year's consistency much more then last years. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Good news, Corsi fans - that was the Jets 6th adjCorsi win in a row! They've only been below 50% twice in their last 15 games. Pretty impressive. 12 out of their last 15 have also been xGF% wins as well. 10-3-2 over that period, (if you happen to be interested in the petty mundanities of mere wins and losses *yawn*).

WLOTPts%GFGADiff
adjCF% > 502775.75613983+56
xGF% > 502763.79212564+61
adjCF% < 50994.5006477-13
xGF% < 509106.4807896-18
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
The adjCorsi vs. the Blues was 54.95% and the xGF was 56.10%. Solid game. Lots of 5-alarm chances for the Jets.

Myers wins best bad suit I think.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Staal from the Canes but it is a dream. He is everything we want Lowry to turn into and more. They don't have centers and he is playing 1C and is their captain. Won't happen but I would overpay for him.

RNH but I honestly don't even know if he is back playing from his injury? If we could manage RNH without changing the current roster until the off-season by too much, I think he is better than Brassard and signed for longer. I would sweeten the pot so the Oilers retained 1m.

Larkin but the price would be STEEP. He is only 21 years old.

All 3 really good choices Ducky, with RNH being the most makeable deal for the Jets. Be nice if we could land him !!! :nod:

thistleswamp

Second Overall
Jun 7, 2011
Deloraine
Pretty sure Myers and Chiarot traded suit pants.
Best Suit: Morrissey.
Honorable Mentions: Copp, Connor
Ugliest suit: Perrault (fanny pack!!!) and Little.

Nickels' Suit matches his game - pure money.
Helly was amazing in that first period while he waited for the rest of the team to wake up.
Nobody had a particularly bad game after the first few minutes. Petan does some great stuff, but needs to be a little less fancy in the D-zone. Was Buff solid tonight, or what?

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Pretty sure Myers and Chiarot traded suit pants.
Best Suit: Morrissey.
Honorable Mentions: Copp, Connor
Ugliest suit: Perrault (fanny pack!!!) and Little.

Nickels' Suit matches his game - pure money.
Helly was amazing in that first period while he waited for the rest of the team to wake up.
Nobody had a particularly bad game after the first few minutes. Petan does some great stuff, but needs to be a little less fancy in the D-zone. Was Buff solid tonight, or what?

But does nickles suit actually suit him?

Chef taking only 6mil and change is gonna be the Lynch pin of our continued future success.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
I'm not sure if the Jets have lost any 4 games in a 7 game stretch.... I know we lost 3 in a row once but one of those was against Tampa and we took 1 point from them.

The record this team has is remarkably consistent over small game stretches. The Jets loosing 4 games over any 7 game or even 10 game stretch has to be minimal or non existent....
YEP and there bounce-back has been great all year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad