Post-Game Talk: Who needs Brassard? Jets win 4-0

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
What you think our trade target should be now?

Without Brassard on the table I'm really not interested in much else out there
Letestu. Lots of Oilers fans are paining at the thought of losing him at the TD. He's a perfect PK bottom 6 guy, and could really firm that up for us. Perfect add for the playoffs.

I think we REALLY need to go find a backup goalie. That is the biggest question mark for this team right now.

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
#SUPERFAN

:)

Seriously, though. This has always been a strength and a weakness in Buff's game. Strength as in these are obviously key places on the ice and create scoring depending on what happens there. It's also been a big weakness in his game when he had no filter on when to be aggressive and when not to.

Byfuglien this year has been much, MUCH better at judging risk and not making those low percentage pinches/ step ups. That has been the big reason I have been happy with him this year. I STILL want him to be far more mean and physical in front of the net, and he will have to be if we are to win in the playoffs. Too many important goals will be scored because of net front activity.

I liken Buff to Maurice somewhat. He finally has a better team around him and it shows in the net results.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I have been one of the clear Buff haters on these boards for already quite a while, because him playing so reckless and bad team game previously. And especially as he has a pretty big salary, I have been hoping to get rid of him.

But honestly now he has been playing really well for quite a while. Very steady play again last night and not really any completely reckless decisions by him. I’m not sure, but has he even managed to get fewer penalties for a while now too?

Anyways it has been a pleasure to watch him play at this level and if he continues like this he is worth all the money he gets and I definitely don’t want to get rid of him. He has seemed so relaxed and happy also about playing for the Jets lately. Very nice to see this happening!

I am willing to give credit to players I haven’t liked so much in the past, when they really pick up their game, but sometimes I feel like not all are capable of doing it here. I can see still quite often people bashing at Myers for example, even when he has had pretty solid games most of the time lately. I think there is just something that people just don’t like looking at in his game. To me he has been an excellent defenceman for the Jets all in all. Sure, not without some mistakes and some quirky plays, but honestly he has been making absolutely fantastic plays clearly more at both ends. Just don’t really get the criticism that he so often gets.

Anyway, all the Jets D-men played a really solid game last night and I think they all deserve credit for that!
Love this post and agree!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I liken Buff to Maurice somewhat. He finally has a better team around him and it shows in the net results.
I think the biggest way this is true is I think that Buff realizes now it's not up to him to generate all the offense for this club. He can play the game the team needs him to instead of trying to do everything. We've also been up or tied way more than in previous years so he doesn't have to press for the goal.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Armia this and Armia that. I was talking about Roslovic. Armia is not first or second line player and neither are Roslovic. I could be cruel and gather some video material about Roslovic's "exceptional" puck battles along the boards in the d-zone. It's not pretty sight.

Please. Gather and present away. I'm more than happy to change my opinion in the face of incontrovertible evidence. Are you?

Lowered Expectations

Marner money
Feb 3, 2017
You know nothing, Vegas! If Jets don’t meke any trades they still will have some upgrades for the playoffs:
1st pair D in Trouba
Elite shutdown center in Lowry
Very good (!) checking/hitting forward in Tanev
And Jets can show middle finger to Vegas even moving Wheeler back to C:
Laine-Wheeler-Connor
MattyP-Little-Rosey
Ehlers-Scheif-Armia
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
JoMo-Trouba
Toby-Buff
Kuli-Myers

Feel free to pick Your poison.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

gearmex

Dec 28, 2016
Finland
Chiarot in last nights game single handedly tried to get Helle to lose his shutout...in the last 10 mins he had like 4 loses with the puck in front of own blueline...i was like Grrrrrrr...He needs to be replaced with somebody...

Reactions: JetsUK

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Chiarot in last nights game single handedly tried to get Helle to lose his shutout...in the last 10 mins he had like 4 loses with the puck in front of own blueline...i was like Grrrrrrr...He needs to be replaced with somebody...
i wasn't able to watch most of the game. just saw the 3rd period. as the game went on, Buff and Blazin' Ben were looking pretty rough. think there was 2 min left and the jets turned the puck over. Buff literally stood anchored to the ice, about 5 ft in front of Helle. reminded me of me in beer league, frozen at the thought of a turnover when i was playing D. lol.
anyways, the last 10 min of yesterday's game were not picture perfect

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

Meh. Score effects. Big Ben cheating for the icing...

Reactions: Ducky10

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
IMG_0582.jpg

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Slow start. Allen hoovered a bit, but after that it was golden.

I'm very much warming up to Wheeler's play priorities on the PP. I'm starting to get it. He plays a reactionary game. If there is room, he goes for it. If again there is room, he goes for it. It may look weird if those two attempts don't go in for example, but he is the one that sees the ice and the results speak for themselves. It's not about greed, it's about being smart.

4-0 maybe flattered us a bit, and still I don't understand what was wrong with PLE, but our third line was getting it done so can't complain at this juncture.

Keep on keeping on. Let's not get blinded by winning, let's keep an eye on our dominance-levels.

At this point I don't even want the Chef-Laine combo, but I would very much appreciate if we bust it open in the playoffs when no-one has any clue how to play against that.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->