Post-Game Talk: Who needs Brassard? Jets win 4-0

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
I guess it gets quiet in here when theres nothing to complain about :sarcasm:

Really a big fan of everyone tonight except Armia, he seemed pretty lothargic out there. This was such a big win in so many ways I wish the dallas game could just start now.

Looking forward to some rock paper scissors tomorrow

It's regularly pretty quiet here when 2 things happen...

1) Weekend night game... Everyone is a drunk so many of the regs can't formulate any coherent sentences.

2) We win convincingly so the people who jump all over any mistake have nothing to add.

Welcome to HF Jets :laugh:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Or they just got outplayed and smothered by a good Jets team. Had a good first 5 minutes of the game then got shut down.
Did they have a good first 5 minutes, or were the Jets just bad? I think the latter. Jets looked good overall, Blues looked bad, they brought pretty much nothing really.

Reactions: Eyeseeing

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I thought Ehlers had a great game tonight - lots of jump and one of the best defensive games I've seen him play TY.

Despite the shots, I also thought our PK looked good - most of the shots were from the outside and the D did a really nice job of keeping traffic to the outside - Helle was seeing everything.

Really nice road game

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
This is what Winnipeg does to teams with association with Reaves.

4-0

Today is goals. Tomorrow it could be games.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Was it just me or did the Jets employ a fantastic forechecking system?

Our D seemed to jump every outlet pass and they always had F support high when they did.

I try not to give much credit to the coaching staff for individual wins and losses..... But it looked like the boys knew exactly where and when to be there tonight.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Laine's goal was a dagger to the heart of the Blues.

Lets party!

So you see, your Honour,
It was all in fun,
That little bitty track meet down on Main Street,
Was just to see if the cops could run.
Well, they run us in to see you,
In an alcoholic haze,
I can sure use those thirty days to recover from the party

Agree. That was officially the end of the Blubs. It was also great for Pate and Fly. Why cuz...chemistry maybe..(blocks professor). It feels good to see those 2 have success together.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Had to stay sober until now. That was an inspired game by everyone. I think the entire team had a great game.

Great confidence builder at the right time. Screw the trade deadline :)

Reactions: Robinson2187

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It's regularly pretty quiet here when 2 things happen...

1) Weekend night game... Everyone is a drunk so many of the regs can't formulate any coherent sentences.

2) We win convincingly so the people who jump all over any mistake have nothing to add.

Welcome to HF Jets :laugh:
Tonight you can add the distraction of those hating on LV for the Brassard underhanded dealings.

Reactions: Jets 31

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Tonight you can add the distraction of those hating on LV for the Brassard underhanded dealings.

Honestly.... I'm happy that happened. At this point I wouldn't mind giving up a 1st rounder and a couple farm pieces for an upgrade....but.... I think this team is stacked to the tits at F anyways. Instead of Brassard we can just let Copp play 4C instead of Hendy and let Lowry play in the middle of Ehlers and Laineon the 3rd and we are just as strong of team

Reactions: Robinson2187

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Who needs Brassard?

IMG_0579.jpg

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Was it just me or did the Jets employ a fantastic forechecking system?

Our D seemed to jump every outlet pass and they always had F support high when they did.

I try not to give much credit to the coaching staff for individual wins and losses..... But it looked like the boys knew exactly where and when to be there tonight.
They've been doing that pretty much all year.Their rotation on the forecheck, D activation, back pressure and support through the neutral zone has been a strong point all year. The forward support really allows the D to play confidently with tight gaps. The support on puck retrieval has been solid this year too, guys are on the same page on where to be an option and the D are making good reads.

Really like how this team looks when they play like this, which has been more often than not.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Also. Roslovic is absolutely exceptional at getting pucks off the boards in his own end. Even when he doesn't have a great game offensively his d zone play is superb.

I'm so happy I could even say something nice about Myers at this point....
Yeah I noticed that too and Pate also had a better game in that regard. I cheered for a couple of his DZ plays.

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad