Post-Game Talk: Who needs Brassard? Jets win 4-0

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Umm.. what ? Last night he lost every single one of those near board battles in the d-zone. And not just last night. He's exceptional bad in it, actually.

I'll just toss this post in the standard "hate everything PoMo does that doesn't include moving Armia up to the first line and crap all over any young player who plays ahead of Armia pile."

If that isn't the case I think we've been watching 2 different players.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
I'll just toss this post in the standard "hate everything PoMo does that doesn't include moving Armia up to the first line and crap all over any young player who plays ahead of Armia pile."

If that isn't the case I think we've been watching 2 different players.
Armia this and Armia that. I was talking about Roslovic. Armia is not first or second line player and neither are Roslovic. I could be cruel and gather some video material about Roslovic's "exceptional" puck battles along the boards in the d-zone. It's not pretty sight.

Reactions: Paul Maurice

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Crazy how many games we have had this season where we put teams away early and are left watching a go through the motions 3rd period. We have come a long way in a short time.

Yes, thinking much the same thing last night. I was out of town and listening to this game on the radio. Well done Jets!! Pretty excited for this team.

As for Vegas' putative Machiavellian block of the Jets, I am intrigued. If true, their management may be crapping their pants in fear of the Jets.

Again, well done.

ocdaddy

Nov 3, 2013
Winnipeg
I think that game broke the Blues fans. Booing their own team, and now wondering if they can tank hard enough to get a top 10 draft pick.
Wasn't it this time last year the Jets rolled out of St. Louis victorious and it was Ken Hitchcock's last game there.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Armia this and Armia that. I was talking about Roslovic. Armia is not first or second line player and neither are Roslovic. I could be cruel and gather some video material about Roslovic's "exceptional" puck battles along the boards in the d-zone. It's not pretty sight.
I'd actually be quite interested in seeing the video evidence. It wouldn't be cruel, it could be educational. I enjoy seeing our board analyze clips, and others often catch things that I don't.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I have been one of the clear Buff haters on these boards for already quite a while, because him playing so reckless and bad team game previously. And especially as he has a pretty big salary, I have been hoping to get rid of him.

But honestly now he has been playing really well for quite a while. Very steady play again last night and not really any completely reckless decisions by him. I’m not sure, but has he even managed to get fewer penalties for a while now too?

Anyways it has been a pleasure to watch him play at this level and if he continues like this he is worth all the money he gets and I definitely don’t want to get rid of him. He has seemed so relaxed and happy also about playing for the Jets lately. Very nice to see this happening!

I am willing to give credit to players I haven’t liked so much in the past, when they really pick up their game, but sometimes I feel like not all are capable of doing it here. I can see still quite often people bashing at Myers for example, even when he has had pretty solid games most of the time lately. I think there is just something that people just don’t like looking at in his game. To me he has been an excellent defenceman for the Jets all in all. Sure, not without some mistakes and some quirky plays, but honestly he has been making absolutely fantastic plays clearly more at both ends. Just don’t really get the criticism that he so often gets.

Anyway, all the Jets D-men played a really solid game last night and I think they all deserve credit for that!
Welcome to what "Good Buff" looks like. That player is very important for any playoff run.

Reactions: Jets 31

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yes, thinking much the same thing last night. I was out of town and listening to this game on the radio. Well done Jets!! Pretty excited for this team.

As for Vegas' putative Machiavellian block of the Jets, I am intrigued. If true, their management may be crapping their pants in fear of the Jets.

Again, well done.
I don't know about others but I'm really liking that I'm now "Hating" LV. Starting to feel like playoff time.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Buff is so darn good at the zone entry and zone exit game. He gets almost no credit here for how good he is at preventing the other team from exiting the zone. He gets almost no credit here for how good he is at denying zone entry for the other team. His zone exit and zone entry for the Jets is also a strength.

It's not the sexy or flashy part of the game but it's very important for team success.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
But I thought we couldn't play against big, mean trapping teams :sarcasm:

Good team win.

Also what a POS GMGM is, I want them in the playoffs and I want to run them out of the building in 4 straight 10 nothing games.
The Blues are hardly that - a shell of themselves. You remember not too long ago when we had nearly 100 shots against them in that home and home?

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I don’t quite understand how that trade isn’t cap circumvention. Obviously the league felt the spirit of it was as well and sent them back to the drawing board. Need a rule that teams can only retain salary on players that have been theirs for a certain time period.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Buff is so darn good at the zone entry and zone exit game. He gets almost no credit here for how good he is at preventing the other team from exiting the zone. He gets almost no credit here for how good he is at denying zone entry for the other team. His zone exit and zone entry for the Jets is also a strength.

It's not the sexy or flashy part of the game but it's very important for team success.
Ahem...... some people give him credit for it all the time. :D

Reactions: Jets 31

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
I don't know about others but I'm really liking that I'm now "Hating" LV. Starting to feel like playoff time.
I really do feel that part of the success that vegas has had to date is that they are too new to have enemies. hatred is a part of hockey. bring it on now!

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The Blues are hardly that - a shell of themselves. You remember not too long ago when we had nearly 100 shots against them in that home and home?

Oh I know, but when we lost to them a couple of weeks ago all sorts of panic broke out about how we had trouble against those teams lol

Reactions: Festinator and Jet

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
I love how some place the sole determination on a wingers defensive play on his ability to "board battle". There are so many other factors, board play is a small part of it and is subject to a variety of circumstances. I don't see any Jets who don't have a very high compete level along the wall in the D zone, even Laine battles hard for the puck. Comments about guys like Roslo and his defensive zone play based on a couple of lost 50/50 board battles are out to lunch, the guy does so many of the right things in the zone that it wouldn't even register to most coaches.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

#SUPERFAN

:)

Seriously, though. This has always been a strength and a weakness in Buff's game. Strength as in these are obviously key places on the ice and create scoring depending on what happens there. It's also been a big weakness in his game when he had no filter on when to be aggressive and when not to.

Byfuglien this year has been much, MUCH better at judging risk and not making those low percentage pinches/ step ups. That has been the big reason I have been happy with him this year. I STILL want him to be far more mean and physical in front of the net, and he will have to be if we are to win in the playoffs. Too many important goals will be scored because of net front activity.

Reactions: Robinson2187

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
There was a point in the game where we saw Hendricks Copp Armia for at least one shift. My mind started wondering if Petan had been traded mid game.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
Oh I know, but when we lost to them a couple of weeks ago all sorts of panic broke out about how we had trouble against those teams lol

Yeah, agreed. I don't think particular teams give the Jets problems, I think mostly it's a matter of adjusting for them. Teams know the Jets are fast and have a very mobile D, a lot of teams like to sit back and just clog up the middle and collapse in the D zone against them, waiting for opportunities. When a team comes in and really pushes the pace against them, I think they sometimes struggle with playing and making their decisions at a quicker pace, it's more of a challenge and they have to be on top of their reads.

That was the difference in the LA game, it's not that they can't handle the big, bad Kings, they were just playing too slowly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->