Post-Game Talk: Who needs Brassard? Jets win 4-0

204hockey

#whiteout
Sep 29, 2017
can someone fill me in on the VGK hate and pens ? i knew we were in on brassard but did they f*** us some how?

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
can someone fill me in on the VGK hate and pens ? i knew we were in on brassard but did they **** us some how?
Essentially they made sure that Brassard didn't go to a West team. If he had come to a western conference team, the Jets were a very likely possible destination, but then Vegas got involved and the Sens made a deal with Pittsburgh instead.

It still makes sense from a VGK point of view even without screwing us over, but still... they screwed us over.

Reactions: 204hockey

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FJack-Nicholson.gif

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
When you're looking for all your haters that mysteriously disappeared.

giphy.gif

"If Hellebuyck finishes with at least X SV% (where X = a continually increasing number as Hellebuyck continues to get better) I'll never criticize him again!"

Yep, nothing like a dominating win with a 6th Bucky shutout to clear the stink out of the air around these parts.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I have been one of the clear Buff haters on these boards for already quite a while, because him playing so reckless and bad team game previously. And especially as he has a pretty big salary, I have been hoping to get rid of him.

But honestly now he has been playing really well for quite a while. Very steady play again last night and not really any completely reckless decisions by him. I’m not sure, but has he even managed to get fewer penalties for a while now too?

Anyways it has been a pleasure to watch him play at this level and if he continues like this he is worth all the money he gets and I definitely don’t want to get rid of him. He has seemed so relaxed and happy also about playing for the Jets lately. Very nice to see this happening!

I am willing to give credit to players I haven’t liked so much in the past, when they really pick up their game, but sometimes I feel like not all are capable of doing it here. I can see still quite often people bashing at Myers for example, even when he has had pretty solid games most of the time lately. I think there is just something that people just don’t like looking at in his game. To me he has been an excellent defenceman for the Jets all in all. Sure, not without some mistakes and some quirky plays, but honestly he has been making absolutely fantastic plays clearly more at both ends. Just don’t really get the criticism that he so often gets.

Anyway, all the Jets D-men played a really solid game last night and I think they all deserve credit for that!

Last edited:

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Jets have a solid top 6 as they can get, shen Trouba is back.
Their 7th Chairot and 8th Poolman are good depth D now. They fill in well when one of the top 6 goes down.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
A0iQKQG.gif

If you want to hear the commentary. Perreault doing his best Elmer Fudd impression.:laugh:

You know what Buff is doing in this video ? He is on Hf Jets wondering who this Avgard dude is . :laugh: Great game Jets , man our defense was really aggressive last night pinching down on the Blues forwards . Keep on doing this boys , Helly made some saves early which was huge . :yo:

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
Man watching games like last night where we are really on the fore check and buzzing around makes ME feel frustrated lol. I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for our opponents! It's like we have an extra player or 2 on the ice at times...

There were some very funny suits there last night but for me Little wins - he absolutely nailed the Sears Appliance Salesman look!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Fanny ****ing Pack sighting..... I thought frenchy kinda ditched the team but on closer inspection he ****ing nailed it!!!!!!!

As far as really ugly Frenchy’s really baggie slacks are right up there in this photo.....thrown in the brutal horizontal stripe action on his shirt and that is one fugly combination even before he dropped the Fud lid on top.

Last edited:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think that game broke the Blues fans. Booing their own team, and now wondering if they can tank hard enough to get a top 10 draft pick.

I know things are dark but they need to hang in. Bad stretches happen and they are still in a wild card spot. It’s backbreaking when they came out like a house on fire tonight but the other goalie stands tall and the Jets pot one on their first real chance. The Blues are not this bad.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Maurice with big props to Buff after the game for his recent play. He's bang on. Buff has been rock solid, and the pairing with Enstrom has been really good.

100% agree with Maurice and this post. Buff is at his best when he is super Buff laying the body on the other team and 100% engaged. I have come to peace with the fact that is not a sustainable style.......he is at his next best when he plays a slightly calmer, relaxed, but focused game. I know Buff is polarizing to our fan base.....Hell he is even polarizing to me as far as I love hate love the guy.

When he is playing like he is on this stretch I love having him on my team......stay tuned for when the weather changes.

Toby is playing sneaky good....his offense has dried up but man the guy gaps up beautifully....his one on one coverage is as good as anyone.....and once the puck gets on his stick he tends to do the right thing with it allot.

Glad the boys are flashing some retro Buff Toby.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I can't believe we got through the game without Terasenko getting a goal. These are crazy days for Jets fans!

Yea the guy has feasted on us......I am also glad we are feeding them some of that love back. Laine has had 9 goals in 8 games against them in his career so now they know what we have felt like watching tank.

Reactions: Scheifelaine

Whileee

May 29, 2010
100% agree with Maurice and this post. Buff is at his best when he is super Buff laying the body on the other team and 100% engaged. I have come to peace with the fact that is not a sustainable style.......he is at his next best when he plays a slightly calmer, relaxed, but focused game. I know Buff is polarizing to our fan base.....Hell he is even polarizing to me as far as I love hate love the guy.

When he is playing like he is on this stretch I love having him on my team......stay tuned for when the weather changes.

Toby is playing sneaky good....his offense has dried up but man the guy gaps up beautifully....his one on one coverage is as good as anyone.....and once the puck gets on his stick he tends to do the right thing with it allot.

Glad the boys are flashing some retro Buff Toby.
Great post. When the Jets extended Buff I imagined that his effectiveness would be maintained as he got older if he relied more on his smarts and puck skills, so he would be an effective minute-munching puck moving D. I hope we're seeing that development as this season progresses. He can play this style effectively for another 3 seasons.

TannedBum

Jul 23, 2014
Also. Roslovic is absolutely exceptional at getting pucks off the boards in his own end. Even when he doesn't have a great game offensively his d zone play is superb.
Umm.. what ? Last night he lost every single one of those near board battles in the d-zone. And not just last night. He's exceptional bad in it, actually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad