Post-Game Talk: Who needs Brassard? Jets win 4-0

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
They've been doing that pretty much all year.Their rotation on the forecheck, D activation, back pressure and support through the neutral zone has been a strong point all year. The forward support really allows the D to play confidently with tight gaps. The support on puck retrieval has been solid this year too, guys are on the same page on where to be an option and the D are making good reads.

Really like how this team looks when they play like this, which has been more often than not.

I've seen it too... But I've rarely seen it this well executed.

Perhaps the blues had no answer or maybe they just aren't fleet of foot enough to play up to our level when we are on.

But tonight IMO their gaps were impeccable and the pressure it presented looked like it just killed the Blues...

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
We looked good. We took the gas off the pedal at the mid point of the 2nd, but Helly took over from there.

It's hard to dominate for 3 periods. I'm learning that from watching the Warriors this year. They are just so dominant that it seems like if they don't let up they get gassed so quick while the other team just sits and waits.

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Also, Buff and Toby have been fan-f***ing-tastic this last stretch of games sans Trouba.

Healthy, I love our top 4d so much and having a Myers/Kuli 3rd pair is wayyyyyyy above average. With Cheerios and Poolman as a 7/8 we are sooooo solid.

I'm stupid excited about this team. I try and stay reserved but literally everytime I get a little worried about this team they deliver a character defining beatdown of a team in a game I think is a must win.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Morrissey keeps taking a beating never missing a shift, Perreault getting under their skin a bit tonight, Helle rock solid well deserved shut out. Really what is this team missing apart from Lowry and Trouba.
Only The ever overrated and highly valued experience tagline,hot take. I wanted Brassard but i'm finr now

Reactions: Dayofthedogs

DharmaBum

Just like a young Dave Ellett
Nov 14, 2010
Winnipeg
A0iQKQG.gif

If you want to hear the commentary. Perreault doing his best Elmer Fudd impression.:laugh:

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
They've been doing that pretty much all year.Their rotation on the forecheck, D activation, back pressure and support through the neutral zone has been a strong point all year. The forward support really allows the D to play confidently with tight gaps. The support on puck retrieval has been solid this year too, guys are on the same page on where to be an option and the D are making good reads.

Really like how this team looks when they play like this, which has been more often than not.
Exactly...maintain this style and we're a goddamn handful for ANYONE over 7 games...teams have sometimes given up vs us b4 it was even outta reach! Either this team is too fast for everyone or our goaltending comes through. The Jets have wicked balance not just across lines but overallll...G-D-F:hockey:

Having said that, the Brassard to Pit move has to scare everyone no?

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Nice win, domination!

Little Petey with the game winner!

Loved Perreaults game! Schief doing his best Copp (GOAL SCORING] impersonation all night.

Helly just okay, could have showed more flare on some of the saves in getting the SO!

D okay, of course none of them scored!

Dare I say Mo may be in the running for coach of the year, who would have thought!

Last edited:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Nice win, domination!

Little Petey with the game winner!

Loved Perreaults game! Schief doing his best Copp impersonation all night.

Helly just okay, could have showed more flare on some of the saves in getting the SO!

D okay, of course none of them scored!

Dare I say Mo may be in the running for coach of the year, who would have thought!

You mean you think Copp makes that steal and perfect pass to Lil Nicky?

How much you had?

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg
Does anyone remember when the boards were lit up at the start of the season because we were all worried about secondary scoring and angry at PoMo for not having 3 scoring lines? It was even to the point where someone had made a table to illustrate how little secondary scoring we had and updated per game.....

Our bottom 6 forwards at this exact moment....

3rd line 110pts/183 games played for .60 per game total.

4th line 36pts/124 games played for .29 per game total.

So basically between our 3rd and 4th lines we are getting 1 point per game from our bottom 6 forwards.

Minus Lowry that's huge considering lousy was/has scoring at a really great rate this year.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I was worried about the sketchy start but they recovered quickly and played well. I wasn't aware of the Brassard news but reading it after watching the game kinda threw some water over my joy from the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad