Who is Matthew Tkachuk and what will he become?

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Goes after Kesler, instigates a fight and holds his own

"Tkachuk hides behind teammates and doesn't fight"

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Goes after Kesler, instigates a fight and holds his own

"Tkachuk hides behind teammates and doesn't fight"

Oh great, now his fight card is Alexander f***ing Wennberg, Brayden McNabb after trying unsuccessfully to jump Jake Muzzin, Cramarossa, and a guy coming back from a major hip injury. Guess we should start carving out his 'real manly man' card.

Maybe now he'll stop spearing people over barriers-of-play, that would be a bigger step up!

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Oh great, now his fight card is Alexander ****ing Wennberg, Brayden McNabb after trying unsuccessfully to jump Jake Muzzin, Cramarossa, and a guy coming back from a major hip injury. Guess we should start carving out his 'real manly man' card.

Maybe now he'll stop spearing people over barriers-of-play, that would be a bigger step up!

Does Drew Doughty have one of those "real manly man" cards? He has one career fight against an ancient Joe Thornton. Plus he does shit like this

FerklundCGY

Jul 3, 2017
Oh great, now his fight card is Alexander ****ing Wennberg, Brayden McNabb after trying unsuccessfully to jump Jake Muzzin, Cramarossa, and a guy coming back from a major hip injury. Guess we should start carving out his 'real manly man' card.

His fight card would've included your pretty boy Doughty but he didn't wanna be embarrassed by a kid for the dozenth time. Instead, he remains Tkachuk's b****.

Even then, that's 4 fights in a season and a half yet people claim he doesn't back up his play by fighting

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I remember when Tkachuk wouldn't fight Nurse after the Davidson slew foot.

Thought he was a ***** then, but also remember Doughty acting like a wimp around Tkachuk last year.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Does Drew Doughty have one of those "real manly man" cards? He has one career fight against an ancient Joe Thornton. Plus he does **** like this

1. Lol at questioning Joe Thornton's toughness...noooot really a smart line of reasoning.

2. Not at all, Drew is a total pansy. But at least he did go with Thornton. But that's a total fallacy anyway because I didn't post in here chest thumping that Drew was tough for fighting a dude with a bum hip, so.

3. No need for a 30-min a game #1 d-man to be fighting random dudes for no reason, but if he were a spearing machine, I'd call him out, not defend him.

Nice deflections though! Keep em comin!

Reactions: North Kariya

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Well, snipes, according to this thread guys playing in their first two games of the season shouldn't be fighting. Maybe that explains why Tkachuk didn't fight Nurse in the first game of last season.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I love him as a player (probably because I root for an Eastern Conference team that doesn't play him too often :laugh:). I think he's gonna be a pretty unique guy: 1st line forward with Marchand's chippiness but the size to actually back it up.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
His fight card would've included your pretty boy Doughty but he didn't wanna be embarrassed by a kid for the dozenth time. Instead, he remains Tkachuk's b****.

Even then, that's 4 fights in a season and a half yet people claim he doesn't back up his play by fighting
Could you be anymore false?

When was the first time that Doughty was apparently Matt's *****?

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Could you be anymore false?

When was the first time that Doughty was apparently Matt's *****?

it was a game earlier this year if I remember correctly ... He ran doughty a couple times and he just whined about it to the refs

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
With the current standards he will be the most suspended player of all time. Personally and as an Oilers fan I would kill to have him playing next to McDaddy.
Great throwback player from another timeline where outlaw NHL exists.
e: now that I think about it, he is the modern day Esa Tikkanen. A rat, sure but also an amazing player.

Reactions: Mitts

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I also prefer that the Canucks have Juolevi and not Tkachuk.

In terms of Matthew Tkachuk's potential, I think it's Keith Tkachuk.
Very very limited chance he can ever score goals like his dad.

He'll be a very good player who can slot anywhere in a top 9 and is capable of getting 60 to 65 points a year (assuming scoring doesn't continue to skyrocket). Gotta remember his dad was an elite goal scorer. I mean, Keith had a season where he led the NHL in goals and quite a few other top 10 finishes.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Well, snipes, according to this thread guys playing in their first two games of the season shouldn't be fighting. Maybe that explains why Tkachuk didn't fight Nurse in the first game of last season.

I think the implication was "guy just coming off of a 6 month surgery rehab" more than number of games in the season. Look at the bright side though... now he's not a complete bitch, just a spot picker.

Last edited:

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad