Who is Matthew Tkachuk and what will he become?

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
I would think pretty much any team in the league would welcome Tkachuk with open arms. I know as a Hawk fan I would.
Kinda hope we tank and are able to draft the younger Tkachuk to be honest.

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
Wannabe tough guy?? LMAO, how many of you guys, or even players on your team would have the balls as a teenager to do what Chucky does in the NHL? Not many. Don't even get me started on the salty kings fan moderator who just called him out for yeah, literally making your "Norris, cup winning D-man" a little bitch.

He has many more years of this to come so buckle up fellas. The salt in this thread is hilarious.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
My god, people in this thread really think Drew Doughty is obliged to fight someone like Matthew Tkachuk? What an awful trade off that would be. Doughty is, along with Kopitar, the most important player on the Kings. He's a legit first tier star, while Tkachuk is a decent up and coming player. What's next, does Karlsson have to fight Matthew Tkachuk too? Does McDavid? Gary Bettman?

member 290103

He's a rat and not respected around the league by anyone. It's unfortunate, as he has the skill set to be an effective player, but given his lack of any sort of common sense sportsmanship, all he will ever be remembered as is a pest.

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
My god, people in this thread really think Drew Doughty is obliged to fight someone like Matthew Tkachuk? What an awful trade off that would be. Doughty is, along with Kopitar, the most important player on the Kings. He's a legit first tier star, while Tkachuk is a decent up and coming player. What's next, does Karlsson have to fight Matthew Tkachuk too? Does McDavid? Gary Bettman?
Why would Doughty risk to injury his hands on Tkachuk's face? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

He not obliged to fight Tkatchuk at all, but if he had any self worth or toughness about him he would likely be able to beat up a teenager. Doughty talks a lot of trash and can't back it up when it gets to the nitty gritty.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
He not obliged to fight Tkatchuk at all, but if he had any self worth or toughness about him he would likely be able to beat up a teenager. Doughty talks a lot of trash and can't back it up when it gets to the nitty gritty.

"Self worth or toughness and not backing it up" is not exactly the best line of reasoning when Tkachuk is involved considering the same could be send about him on all those things. The point stands that it would be idiotic for Doughty to take himself off the ice by dropping the gloves with Tkachuk.

As for Tkachuk, he's a talented young player but needs to find the right side of the line. He can still be a pest but right now he's tipped too far towards spot-picking rat who gets suspended too much.

Also Tkachuk is now 20 years old, so you can drop the teenager bit.

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
Doughty talks a lot of trash and can't back it up when it gets to the nitty gritty.

Who cares? You don't even have to care about words coming out of someone else's mouth. Especially not if it's just silly trash talk. I would get your frustration if Doughty was a cheap shot artist, but I don't think he is.

North Man

Feb 17, 2010
Who cares? You don't even have to care about words coming out of someone else's mouth. Especially not if it's just silly trash talk. I would get your frustration if Doughty was a cheap shot artist, but I don't think he is.

Doughty certainly cared and it rattled his cage real good

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I do enjoy watching him play

I do think he is playing to reckless in the pest department and it will catch up to him eventually, just like when being a pest caught up to M.Domi when Hathaway tuned him in.

He will be a very interesting/exciting player to watch when his game matures and I can easily see him being a dominate player in the near future.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
Not sure he is the goal scorer that Marchand has proven to be over his career. From what I can tell and what I read about the Flames he is used in a shutdown role but does seem to get some powerplay time so I'm assuming his offensive opportunities are similar to most 2nd line players. Tough to tell at this stage of his career.

But as far as the on ice entertainment factor, I think he surpasses Marchand in that regard. He's a punk, he throws big hits and even fights at such a young age in the league and has already amassed a lot of dislike through out the Western Conference fanbases. In his second year in the league!

Would love to see him play more.

sadpanda

May 19, 2016
Stockholm
yea I don't think Doughty gives a shit if he is not "backing up his trash talk". Is this some bad high school movie?

As for the player he is a rat at least, maybe something else too

Reactions: KingTrouty

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Man, I've been saying this since the night it happened.

It's even more pathetic hearing Kings fans crying because their elite, almost franchise, won't drop gloves.

In 1995 Doughty isn't fighting.

Doughty backs up his trash talk with his incredible, all-world play. That's it, Kings fans.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley

Says the teenager whom was always beat up?

Settle down Big Dog. Doughty backs it up up up winning

Last edited:

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
yea I don't think Doughty gives a **** if he is not "backing up his trash talk". Is this some bad high school movie?

As for the player he is a rat at least, maybe something else too
People are acting like this is Bob Probert getting elbowed by Tony Granato and then Bob not backing himself up.

Seriously. It's bewildering this many people feel Drew f***ing Doughty should be fighting some scrub greenhorn, let alone anyone.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
An early career Marchand, before he became a 30+ goal 70+ point player.

Which I think Tkachuk projects.
Crazy they're using him as their shutdown winger (and he's legit at that) at the age of 20. Guy's got unreal possession metrics; and until recently, has always been PP2 or off PP (1 goal in 2 games on PP1). Guy's going to hit 50+ points this year while being asked to do things most 20 year olds don't even dream of.

I can honestly see Tkachuk developing into a 20 goal 40 assist player; the guy's go unreal vision.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Why would Doughty risk to injury his hands on Tkachuk's face? It doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

lmao you make Matty Takchuk sound like John Scott. Kid can play, and has played very well against LA. Taking him off the ice for 5 minutes might not be a bad tradeoff for Los Angeles consider how he's played against them so far in his career.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad