Who gets 3rd in the Atlantic?

3rd Atlantic spot

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This is wishful thinking at it's finest. Montreal does not have the depth to catch up, and that's with plenty working against the B's and Leafs so far this season.

I think the lesson of this poll is don't tempt fate...Boston are 2 pts back of 2nd with 4 games in hand. What looked impossible is not so impossible. It's a long season, and I still would not count out Montreal. Lots can still change. Don't omit a team from a poll. It may come back to bite.

Reactions: Sigh and wintersej

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I think the lesson of this poll is don't tempt fate...Boston are 2 pts back of 2nd with 4 games in hand. What looked impossible is not so impossible. It's a long season, and I still would not count out Montreal. Lots can still change. Don't omit a team from a poll. It may come back to bite.

A lesson that will be learned 42,000 times again and forgotten.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Meh Boston's catching up. We'll pull ahead again when Matthews gets back and our schedule isn't disgusting. Boston will finish third imo. Only 3 teams in this division are respectable.

Bruins just played 5 in 7, too, and have lost Krejci, Bergeron, Marchand, Rask, Backes, etc at some point this year. Only the Ducks have more man games lost.

So, not sure if injury and schedule are a reasonable excuse. They are both good teams that have had adversity in the season.

Anyway, I suspect these teams will meet in the first round regardless of who is at home. And, yes, Montreal is still a threat...its a long season.

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
This is wishful thinking at it's finest. Montreal does not have the depth to catch up, and that's with plenty working against the B's and Leafs so far this season.

What's working against the Leafs? Matthews out for 10 games?

That's NOTHING compared to the Bruins who had these players miss significant time: Rask, Bergeron, Marchand, Krejci (still out), Backes, Debrusk, Spooner (still out), Bjork, Krug, McQuaid .

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Meh Boston's catching up. We'll pull ahead again when Matthews gets back and our schedule isn't disgusting. Boston will finish third imo. Only 3 teams in this division are respectable.
If you think that the Bruins are 2 points behind with 3 games in hand (essentially, we're already ahead... our pace is 102 points, yours is 98), while playing some 90% of the games with only 2/3rds of the regulars (we had to push 7 - SEVEN - rookies in the lineup for that) due to injury, you might realize that this is not even close to what a fully healthy Bruins team could have done.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Bruins are an injury prone team. Old players.
Also the only good players they lost were bergeron and Marchand....

Stop with the excuses for God's sake

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Bruins are an injury prone team. Old players.
Also the only good players they lost were bergeron and Marchand....

Stop with the excuses for God's sake

And Krejci. And Backes. And Krug. And DeBrusk. And Rask for a few games.

So our #1 C, #1 winger (and best player), #2 C, 2 second line wingers, #3/4 D and starting goalie.

Yeah that's nothing

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Man Leaf fans are in denial .... Let's take out Matthews, Marner, JVR, Nylander , rielly
.. and see how they fare for a couple months ... Lol

What the bruins have done is damn impressive (especially the rookies) . Healthy they are a deadly team ... Bergerons line hasn't allowed a single goal in the past 18 games 5v5 ...

Reactions: Wiggleboom

BruinLVGA

Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Man Leaf fans are in denial .... Let's take out Matthews, Marner, JVR, Nylander , rielly
.. and see how they fare for a couple months ... Lol

What the bruins have done is damn impressive (especially the rookies) . Healthy they are a deadly team ... Bergerons line hasn't allowed a single goal in the past 18 games 5v5 ...

And Kadri, and let's give Andersen a concussion, and more...

In another thread (the Leafs Sens match up, now locked), I had a Leafs fan literally tell me that "injuries are no big deal" (I also had told him the names of ALL Bruins who lost games) and then turn around and IN THE VERY NEXT SENTENCE lament that they lost Matthews to injury.
That's like taking logic and beheading it with a rusty, dull butter knife.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
And Krejci. And Backes. And Krug. And DeBrusk. And Rask for a few games.

So our #1 C, #1 winger (and best player), #2 C, 2 second line wingers, #3/4 D and starting goalie.

Yeah that's nothing

Um not that bad from my perspective.

Wrong on the age - Boston has a younger average age than the Leafs: NHL Team Salaries, Team Salary Caps - NHL Numbers

It would help your argument if you knew anything about the Bruins.

I guess so but bruins important players are older.... if bruins Lose their old players it hurts them . Leafs it doesn't really matter bc they rely on their youth.

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
Um not that bad from my perspective.

I guess so but bruins important players are older.... if bruins Lose their old players it hurts them . Leafs it doesn't really matter bc they rely on their youth.

Someone seems shook af that the Bruins have the best young crop of talent in the league.

naruto

Nov 13, 2017
Someone seems shook af that the Bruins have the best young crop of talent in the league.

Best young teams: Leafs, Jets, Oilers, BJs etc. Even Tampa is young. Boston, no sorry. Must be hard for you :( so sad

At first i thought that was hilarious, but then i remembered how you guys drafted Barzal, Connor and Chabot in 2015 and that wildly changed my opinion!

Can you imagine if they had actually drafted those 3? Now that would be a young core to be shook by. Good thing the Bruins f***ed up that draft haha

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
I was listening to Toronto sports talk radio a few days ago and the hosts were basically saying the Leafs have 2nd place in the Atlantic locked up. They mocked the Habs and and Sens and then scoffed at Boston saying that if they were in the Metro they would be in last place. They obviously didn’t notice that the Bruins (at the time) had played 4 less games than most teams and were only 1 game behind Toronto at the time (now ahead based on points%). Made me laugh how arrogant they have become after 1 1/3 years of a decent team after 10+ years of futility.

The last time the Leafs finished higher than the Bruins in the regular season was 2006-07.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
This thread just makes me smile.
I'll just never understand some Leaf fans. After their team has been the joke of the NHL for over a decade, they finally make the playoffs and are out in the first round, and this year their o.k. - a bubble playoff team pretty much that's fortunate that half the teams in their division are struggling - but straight into this kinda garbage.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad