Who gets 3rd in the Atlantic?

3rd Atlantic spot

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyromaniac

May 29, 2012
presuming the Leafs will finish ahead of straight up garbage teams isn't the same as awarding them the cup
Some of these teams are not playing well, others have just started to put it together after a bad start. There are few teams that are truly garbage in the NHL. A bad week or so is enough to drop a team from leading the league to back in the dogfight.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Still early enough it could be anyone but if I were a betting man, I would say Montreal.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Boston. Outside chance of the Sens but they really got turn that ship around. Hope they do too

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Why? Buffalo is done they don't really have a chance, Ottawa arguably done but they are there, I am not sure they should be
Just out of principle, anything can happen. Not to have tampa and toronto (even if its unlikely) just makes the OP look like a homer.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Just out of principle, anything can happen. Not to have tampa and toronto (even if its unlikely) just makes the OP look like a homer.

I don't think it's homerism I think the OP looked at the standings and saw where Tampa and Toronto were and , and lets be honest unless Tampa and Toronto's cores are just killed with injury then they are VERY likely finishing 1 and 2 in the division.

The chances of either team falling further than #2 are remote at best

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I don't think it's homerism I think the OP looked at the standings and saw where Tampa and Toronto were and , and lets be honest unless Tampa and Toronto's cores are just killed with injury then they are VERY likely finishing 1 and 2 in the division.

Stranger things have happened.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

If the Bruins win their games in hand, they would be ahead of Toronto. Do I think Toronto stays as #2? Sure. Is the chance of them falling to 3 "remote at best"? Hardly.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Sounds like homerism to me, lose 5 or 6 in a row drops you outside of top 3 and playoffs easily.
Win 5 or 6 in a row your back in, look at Montreal or Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad